Beadles Skoda - Maidstone..

DGW

Had both cars there this week for faults on my Octi vRS, which I booked in before I went on holiday. I had all the faults fixed and the car is great. Whilst there, I booked the wife's vRS Ferbi in for a service and recall work. I was able to get the Ferbi in for it's service the following day!! 

Service done and recall work done all before 16:00!! Beadles seem to have really got their act together and are running a very good operation (in my humble opinion of course, other opinions are available, lol!!)

• 2 months later...

Show room currently undergoing a major re-fit. Service and sales operation as normal in temporary accommodation in the rear of the building or car parking area.

• 1 month later...

Had the Octi in for a rear brake issue. Had to leave the car overnight so parts could be delivered over night. All done by 1pm. Kept well informed regarding the progress of the works. They also have a MK3 Ferbi for those who want to look at one in the flesh.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Showroom now re-opened after the re-fit. Very smart and modern with a nice selection of vehicles including the mk3 Ferbi.

• 1 month later...

Had the Octi's first service today, £154.00. Happy days :D

I am using Beadles now due to my ongoing issue with Motorline Dartford.

So far, they have been great, fixing my issue under warranty and bending over backwards to help, UNLIKE MOTORLINE MEDWAY who "Couldn't fit me in to scan and create job card!"  Hmmm must have been talking to Dartford.

Anyway, Jessica at Beadles has been very helpful and kept me informed. They did not charge for courtesy car and manged to find one for me at short notice.

• 1 month later...

Another good service experience at Beadles Maidstone. Booked in at relatively short notice for a Saturday morning, left the Superb with them and took the dog for a walk. Heavens opened so spent an hour sitting in the waiting area reading a good selection of magazines with a wet dog at my feet! Service was carried out promptly, all paperwork sorted with minimal fuss and even fitted some new sidelight bulbs for me FOC. Matt on service desk should get a pat on the back!

• 4 months later...

Recently had my 40K major service from Beadles Maidstone. I have used many dealers with previous servicing, but Beadles has been the best so far. I also explained that i felt there was a problem with the track rod ends due to the squeaking on full lock.

No fuss, replaced the faulty parts without any questions.

I shall return for my next service!

• 4 months later...

One thing about them which I'm not to keen there is a couple of young salesman driving around in other people's cars like madmen.... Mentioned it to another salesman who said to me " no comment "...

• 4 weeks later...

One thing about them which I'm not to keen there is a couple of young salesman driving around in other people's cars like madmen.... Mentioned it to another salesman who said to me " no comment "...

On that note... Had my Octi vRS in for a blocked rear wash wipe the other week and found it had been put in SPORT mode... I challenged the aftersales manager over this as it's a visit to the set up system and make a manual choice to change the settings. He wasn't overly convincing in his reply, but he certainly new my feelings on the issue.

• 2 months later...

Ordered my Octavia vRS DSG CR 184 back in March through Oliver Mawson (their carwow contact).  The Service so far has been of a good quality, they managed to get me a good deal for my part ex (for which i was in hole finance wise by a good few grand) and I've had regular updates about the order.  Even when i decided to swap ILA for KESSY it was not a problem. When the car is delivered I'll be able to give an update about the collection experience!

The only thing I would say about the dealership is that if you look on their Facebook page there a lot of their reviews and likes come from dealership staff....

• 2 months later...

I have a new Superb 280 Estate and have been to the dealers (Beadles) to have some work carried out. Very good service and when I said I did not want the software update for the sun roof, there was not a problem, just signed to say I was aware of the problem.

Car cleaned to an inch of its life, (thanks David)  and had a courtesy car as well.

Top marks Beadles

Work done all under warranty

New rear seat cover fitted (there was a smale tear in the leather)

Replaced rear trailing arm bushes and 4 wheel laser wheel alignment

clean sunroof drains (not asked for but most welcome)

Windscreen washer modification

rear washer adjusted

I will use Beadles all the time they look after me in this way.

Mayoboat

• 5 months later...

A few updates of my dealings with Beadles. Had all my "fleet" there for either servicing, warranty work and MOT's etc. I can not fault their service and customer care from the service dept. A few examples....

My son purchased a Citigo from a Seat main dealer (Yes, Little Stig is now driving!!) and within a week, it developed a vibration in the front off side. Popped it in and found it required new front disks!! So much for a "comprehensive inspection" Seat!! All fixed and working properly. I checked to see if the car needed a service recently and found it had missed it's second service!! ( the car is over 3 years old ) Again, thanks Seat!! Service arranged for the following day, I told them that it was a case of "do all you need, bugger the cost" A major service, brake fluid and air con service done, £350, all good!!. Oh, you'll love this.. Had a call from the Seat dealer regarding a missed second service the following day, LOL!! 

I've had my MK3 vRS in for various bits and bobs and not had an issue and all good. I was recently hit up the bum by a dozy white van man, nothing major but I wanted the car checked before any insurance claim was stared.. They did a free health check the same day!! All good, no insurance claim required, pheww!

SWMBO has purchased a new MK3 Ferbi Monte Carlo in the last week and the sales process was fairly straight forward, got a fairly decent trade in price for her MK 2 vRS and an unlimited test drive in a MK 3 Ferbi Colour Line. She wanted a DSG 1.2 tsi with rear parking sensors and Bluetooth, anything else was a bonus. Beadles didn't have one in stock, but were able to get one from another Kent based dealer. It took a few days to get the car, register it with DVLA and get it all sorted etc, etc. Not a major problem, a bit more communication would have been good... A collection day was arranged, but the sales chap was taken ill, so it was delayed slightly, can't argue with that.  

Now, the car we have was apparently kitted out with cruise control..... Turned out it was a speed limiter! SWMBO was really peeved and spoke to the sales chap once he returned to work. The other salesman who did the handover told SWMBO that she will get the cost of cruise control as a refund / good will gesture. We are waiting to see how that pans out.....

I've got to go into the service dept on Monday as a door seal has come loose today as I was giving the car it's first clean this afternoon!! (Not Beadles fault if the workmanship during the build phase is bad) I'll report back accordingly..

Edited by richie

Got the car back today. Looks like they've reinforced the fixings and it all looks good. Happy days :notme:

Octi in for it's service. All done by 12:00, nice video from the techie and a whole penny knocked off the cost, yay!! Seriously, job well done, happy days!!

• 5 months later...

Popped in recently to see if they could help with the alloy I kerbed recently. Seems all the service team I dealt with recently have all left the business!! The chap I spoke to wasn't exactly helpful when I explained I had an alloy repaired by them at their approved body shop, when SWMBO mullered her alloy on her old car last year.... Hope this isn't a sign of things to come...

I'll report back later this week when SWMBO has a few things done to her Monty Carlo Ferbi later this week....

Right, quick update.... SWMBO's car has had (hopefully now fixed....) with the drivers seat tilting backwards after 30 miles of driving, which has been looked at before. On picking up the car this morning, the service advisor said that the was nothing wrong with the car and we should......

"Try another dealer to get a second opinion"

After my son's Citigo has it's MOT next month as it's all ready booked in (it's close to our summer break, so logistically it's the lesser of other evils) , I think I'll be looking for another service centre!!

• 3 weeks later...

For what it's worth, when I lived on Kings Hill, I used Youngs Garage. They are an independent VW/Audi etc garage and know their job. The address is Unit 1, Gasoline Alley, London Road, Wrotham, TN15 7RR. It's entrance is next to the Shell garage on London Road. I had had excellent service from them with my Octavia diesel and then my current Superb diesel. I would strongly recommend them. Owner Nick is great and very approachable, and his staff are equally talented. Different class from local franchised dealers. 

• 1 year later...

Will never use them again. I had my (2nd) Mk3 in for a minor warranty job back in April and I lost the car for 5 days!! No contact from the service dept, I had to chase them up every day and at one point was put through to 5 different people, none of them the service dept including the very rude call taker, twice!!. The service dept insisted they tried to call me, but no one did. I was left feeling under valued as a loyal customer and totally fobbed off. I have used them pretty much all of my Skoda ownership, around 12 years and I will never use them again!!

Even when I told them this, all I got was "Awww, that's a shame" Flipping charming!! Bye bye Beadles, bye bye!!

• 3 months later...

I'm moving to a different dealer now, I've been using Beadles for 6 years but have got fed up having to make concessions for how poor the service department are just because I get on well with the sales guys. Sorry but your service department have now cost you another customer!

I called them the other day as I thought I was being a bit harsh after my previous review and decided to use their on line booking service as my vRS needed it's second service and I wanted to confirm it was booked in as I hadn't received a confirmation email...…….

I called the dedicated Skoda number and asked to speak to the service dept in order to confirm my booking and I had a question for the service chaps. I was told I could not speak to them and I HAD to speak to the booking team. I was put through to some one else, not the booking team!! The lady I spoke to was able to tell me that I was not booked in for a service!! So much for the on line booking service!! I was then put back through to the call taker, even though I asked again to speak to the service dept.

So, back to the call taker who asked if I was wanting to speak to the parts department. I said, no, service dept please..... No, I couldn't speak to them, I must go through the booking team!!!

In the end after 10 minutes of trying, I told the call taker that she and Beadles are an absolute joke and bid them a frustrated farewell. I will never use them again!! Rollocks to them!!