Types of sockets and tool.

Tech1e

Very useful Ross :thumbup: worthy to be a 'sticky' IMO

What would also be useful as a 'sticky' at the top of the relevant forum (Fabia engine codes in the Fabia forum, Octavia engine codes in the Octavia forum etc) IMO is details, like when VAG / SUK recommend the cambelt change intervals for each engine code, for example :

ABC = Fabia / Roomster 1.7 TDI 60bhp - 100K / 10 years

XYZ = Octavia / Superb 3.0 260bhp - 30K / 3 years

(both use fictional info)

etc,

I know this info can be found in the handbook, but that doesn't help when you are looking to buy a 'new' car and don't have a handbook to hand.

i apologize if this info is on here somewhere, but i did a search and didn't find anything, in the end i e-mailed VW for the info i required for SHMBO 'new' car so when we go looking we know if it's due / overdue a belt change.

• 1 year later...

30k or 3 years for a belt?

stuff owning that model!!

erm I think you missed the most important bit:

ABC = Fabia / Roomster 1.7 TDI 60bhp - 100K / 10 years

XYZ = Octavia / Superb 3.0 260bhp - 30K / 3 years

(both use fictional info)

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...

Re torx. I know it's not ( usually) used on cars, but more regularly found on electrical kit ( e.g. th steam generator we have = steam iron with separate tank) . I's a conventional torx ( must be my set gets work with non security torx), with a hole circa 1mm dia in the centre.

Going O/T -" Bristols" - not like that last time I looked . But then Mrs V has me on a diet -all I can eat ,and nothing else.

It had to be said. Sorry Tech1e

Edited by VWD