Ipswich

IP4 4AU

01473 719221

301 Woodbridge Road - Aftersales

Ipswich

01473 719221

Services: New, Used, Repair

• 1 month later...

Well I collected some bits from them on 25/3/09 cant say I was overally impressed with the parts departement, coming frpm the industry I know it can be difficult but they dont have appeared to have any enthusiasm customer facing, doesnt appear to hold much of anything stock wise. Hopefully teething problems but im not gona hold my breath!

But on the other hand I passed the showroom on the way home and salesman was a really nice bloke although I told him I wasnt looking to change yet he was helpful, not pushy even acknoledged my 3yr old petrol head of a son. And as I was about to leave I told him I was an ex Skoda Salesman LOL

so how do I rate them?

Aftersales 5/10

Sales 9/10

Haven't actually been but their service department seems jam packed, rang up last week and their nearest available space to see my car was over a week and a half away. They also didn't have any courtesy cars for another week after that.

Not sure if that's seasonal demand or they only have 1 courtesy car but it didn't impress me much.

As a result I'm taking the car to Underwoods in Colchester as they could see my car first thing today!

• 4 months later...

I wanted to like them, I really did, in fact I went back despite a previous complaint against their service department, thinking surely they couldn't **** up twice within two weeks... surely they could complete an annual service without issue... surely they are trained... surely...

My first dealing was with the parts departments, where I was serviced by a helpful chap called Paul, okay his knowledge of Skoda's wasn't great but he seemed keen to learn and soon found the part I was looking for. Ordered it in, and I collected. Smiles all round.

Next stop, into the service department for a quote. After being ignored by a lady tapping away on her keyboard for a good five minutes she decided, with prompting from her colleague who was talking on the phone, that maybe I actually wanted serving. Eventually I get a quote and leave.

Next dealings is when I book my car in for some 'warranty' work. Knocking suspension and broken catch on rear seats. I later receive a call stating that neither would be covered by warranty, in fact they couldn't even here the knocking noise, and that I owe them £40 for the initial inspection work. I refuse to pay until I have taken it up with SUK, and leave unhappy with a still broken car.

As I needed to use the car / boot that weekend I order the seat catch (from their parts depot) and fit it myself, £1.16 and less than 15 minutes work to replace the broken part. SUK phone saying the catch will not be covered by warranty, and that I must pay the initial inspection charge from the garage...

Me and the garage come to compromise regarding the invoice, which results in me taking the car back for its annual service when its due. This was mistake number two! Upon leaving the garage I heard a ppppsssttt, and the turbo hose pops off from the intercooler to the turbo. Apparently the mechanic forgot to attach it correctly... well done guys!

In summary. Good parts department, rubbish customer relation skills, and forgetful (incompetent) mechanics. Avoid!!

• 8 months later...

I took my car in for a service last summer since moving to Woodbridge.......

and came away slightly unhappier than when I went in!

There was a noise like someone putting card in bike wheels when I started up the car. Found that it was a leaf/leaves that had got into the air conditioning system. I then found out later that going under my bonnet to fit new wiring, that the reason for this was that the pollen filter had been fitted incorrectly. It looked like someone had jammed it in. It was folded on one side, giving a gape of at least two inches!

Whilst doing this I had to take off the scutter panel on the bottom of the windscreen, which also had a problem with it..... It had been split. Not a happy chappy was I. They even told me on the phone that they thought that I had broken it and were not really obliged to fix it. My car is my pride and joy and I love it. Not for someone not to admit responsibility of breaking something on it.

They did replace both parts in the end to their credit, but still not the most helpful staff at all.

Sorry Bristo's

Edited by DGW
Inappropriate mention of another dealer deleted.

• 1 month later...

i agree Bristos service is shocking, i gave up on them and now use ****************

Edited by DGW
Inappropriate reference to another dealer deleted.

• 2 weeks later...

Since my previous post I have taken my car for an MOT at Bristo's Ipswich; it was free so I couldn't say no. I presume they (Bristo's) have read the comments on here and put two and two together as I received much better service, thankfully!

I've also had uprated dampers and springs fitted by Jabbasport and the knocked noise has stopped, so clearly there was an issue with the suspension somewhere.

Although better than before, my summary still stands. Sorry guys

• 5 months later...

aftersales has relocated to

301 Woodbridge Road.

Ipswich

along with a new phone number

01473 719221

Edited by DGW
TY. :) Main entry amended.

• 3 months later...

Just Bought a new VRS from Bristo's and right from the start I was treated very well. Robert Moore the salesman i dealt with was excellent from start to finish keeping me regularly up to date with everything to do with my car, nothing was to much trouble. Also since i picked it up he has been in contact a few times to see how things are going.

• 11 months later...

Just purchased a brand new Yeti from Bristos, the deal and service I recieved from salesman Rod Travel was excellent, they supplied and fitted 4 mudflaps at my request and only charged cost price [ie no labour costs, just £42]

Don't know about aftercare @ bristos yet, I will choose Bristos or Hayes of Clacton for aftercare as I will probably give Underwoods a miss, I am a bit concerned and put off by the negative comments about Bristos on here because I really do want to like them. I have noted that the comments are quite old now so hopefully things have improved.

Just purchased a brand new Yeti from Bristos, the deal and service I recieved from salesman Rod Travel was excellent, they supplied and fitted 4 mudflaps at my request and only charged cost price [ie no labour costs, just £42]

Don't know about aftercare @ bristos yet, I will choose Bristos or Hayes of Clacton for aftercare as I will probably give Underwoods a miss, I am a bit concerned and put off by the negative comments about Bristos on here because I really do want to like them. I have noted that the comments are quite old now so hopefully things have improved.

Hi paco, You didn't by any chance pick your Yeti up last Saturday did you? If so I watched you picking your car up as my Fabia was in for its first service, think you may of parked your Fiesta next to my motor.

Very pleased with my aftercare and service so far :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I’ve been looking for a Mk ll Octy 1.4tsi for some time and found a low-mileage 12-month-old one advertised at Bristo’s. I rang them and arranged a test drive with Rod Travell.

Everything went smoothly. Being unfamiliar with the area, I asked Rod to select a route which would be similar to my home area (rural Norfolk), which he did (plus a bit of dual carriageway, just in case Norfolk gets any!)

The car was a delight to drive and Rod was very easy to deal with. The windscreen price was reasonable (according to Glass’s), but with some good-natured haggling, I discounted that by several hundred pounds, plus a full set of rubber mats and fuel, and a sale was agreed.

The offer was made to deliver the car to my house (70 miles away) but I decided to go from Norwich to Ipswich by train to collect the car last Friday. Rod picked me up from the station right on time. The car was immaculately presented and Rod carefully went through all the paperwork with me and left me to go over the car with a fine toothcomb, but was always on hand to answer any questions I had.

In all, it was a most pleasurable way to spend several thousand pounds. There is a certain dealership, whose doorstep I will never darken again, on the coast near Norwich that could take a few lessons from Bristo’s, or, more precisely, Rod, in how to deal with customers.

Thank you, Bristo’s and thank you, Rod.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Don’t use Sanjiv if buying from here, he is so rude and not that helpful at all. Not sure about the rest of the sales people but he is hopeless. 

Tried charging me £399 paint protection although I instructed him I didn’t want it, charged for two tablet holders but only got one and charged for wireless charging (although it was deleted) I still got charged. 

Trying to rectify these is a nightmare and only had hassle when trying to take the take the paint protection off. 

Not a happy bunny. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I purchased an Approved Used Citigo from Bristos. The sales process was excellent and very easy. 10/10.

I would not deal with them again however and would advise all to avoid Bristos. They are part of the Marriot Motor Group and suffer from the 'We're to big to care' syndrome that large dealer groups usually do.

The aftersales service is shocking. When problems arose, I was met with apathy and objections at all turns. My car never did get fixed and Bristos frankly did not care.

I used them for a service on our Citigo. Mainly from the perspective of preserving the residual value of my car by having a full dealer history. I opted to get the brake fluid changed in addition to the service, bad move. The reservoir was overfilled and brake fluid was covering the exterior of the reservoir. The car was even returned with an oily steering wheel !! The servicing was sub fast-fit standard at premium prices. The only upside was the Skoda branded wallet to put my A4 printed invoice in.

It's your money. Spend it with people who actualy care. I would not want to attempt to get a complex problem sorted by Bristos who would easily turn it into a Kafka esque scenario for you.

Marriot motor group are shocking if you have an issue

When i had my mk5 Golf i took it to Barnards VW for servicing

Car broke down after cam belt change, told me to use my breakdown cover to get the car back to them. In the end they had to get a recovery truck as my breakdown would only take it within a 10 mile radius of my home.

When I got to the dealership a salesman I spoke to about a new car, joked saying I should've bought the mk6 Golf I was interested in. They fixed it but the mpg was bad so they had it back several times to sort it.

They offered me a free service, but because I bought the VRS they said they wouldn't honour that. Had several active complaints with VW customer services but to no avail.

In the end I had enough of them and bought the Octavia VRS. Which I bought from Simpsons Gt Yarmouth

Edited by Eddie-NL

On 19/09/2020 at 14:16, Eddie-NL said:

Marriot motor group are shocking if you have an issue

I couldnt agree more. They make you feel like you are being an inconvenience by asking them to fix something under warranty. It's such an uphill struggle to get even very simple things resolved.

I would hate to have a serious VAG problem to get resolved with Bristos, such as timing chains or the new 1.5 TSi that they still can't get right. Let alone the whole EA189 malarky. A Kafkaesque time to be endured if ever there was.

Such a shame Bristos/Marriot aftersales as so appalling, as their sales team are very nice.

On 19/09/2020 at 14:16, Eddie-NL said:

In the end I had enough of them and bought the Octavia VRS. Which I bought from Simpsons Gt Yarmouth

I've dealt with them before. Strike me as a company that see their customers as people, and not something that ruin their day as Bristos do.

• 7 months later...

Hi all,

Anybody had any recent issues with Bristos service department in Ipswich that they'd like to share?

Issues like being ripped off, things mysteriously not working after they've worked on your car,

being quoted more for a service than they should be?

I posted this elsewhere on the site not realising there was a section for Dealer reviews!

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Bought a Skoda Approved second hand Octavia from Bristo's in late 2022.  When I got the car hime there was no MOT document so I went online to DVLA only to discover several advisories on the MOT. Including 3 tyres near wear limit and oil misting on a shock absorber. Frankly, SHOCK was what I felt after paying top price for a dealer approved car. To be fair they did agree to replace the tyres and shock absorber "under warranty" but it did shake my faith in Bristo's and would hesitate to buy from them again.