D M Keith Ltd (Wakefield)

I've not been in yet, but getting the furby booked in to have it's steering angle sensor sorted once my autoprotect transfers over into my name (can't beat things going wrong when you've just got it :whew: ). Spoke to them on the phone and everything seems promising, when told they'd call me back within the next few hours, both times was within half an hour, they've said just give them a nod when I want to book it in and they'll get it sorted for me, quoted me of timescales too as i'll have to head over from Tarn. I guess time will tell!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I cant comment on vehicle work but get this...

Took my vrs in 2 year back for a part ex qoute...offered £4800.same car on forecourt for sale with 10000 more miles on clock at £8500.skoda doncaster offered me nearly £6000,and as such will never step foot in Dm Keiths ever again.pays to shop around!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well finally had the power steering sensor sorted out. All I can say is top marks to D M Keith! Dropped the car off a little bit late as I ended up in Ossett (oops!), but it wasn't a problem, was offered tea / coffee and soft drinks upon arrival but me and my friend shot straight off for lunch at the nearby chippy. Went back for the car and offered drinks upon arrival, and they apologised about the slight delay in getting the work done. Pricing was very reasonable at just over 230 for the sensor, fitting and new dealer number plates which look much smarter. They also gave it a good clean and then brought it round for me ready to drive off. I also asked if anything came up wrong with it, and unlike many dealerships they were honest and pointed out that the engine management light has been reset, but no other issues with the car itself.

Nowadays it's rare to see service like this, and I'll definitely be back in the future :)

• 3 weeks later...

Good Afternoon All!

As many of you maybe aware D M Keith has now moved from Ossett to new premises in Wakefield:

Calder Island Way

Denby Dale Road

Wakefield

WF2 7AW

With a new telephone number: 01924 246 900

This is off the main dual carriageway heading into Wakefield from J39 of the M1, near The Car People, Polar Ford & The Wetherby Whaler.

We have many of the same great staff you will all know, along with a few new faces, I have recently joined the Wakefield team, further to my time spent at Skoda York.

Next time you are passing this way please call in to see the new site (formerly Audi Wakefield) for a tea, coffee, to say hello or just for a nosey!

I am here to help the interaction between Briskoda members and the D M Keith Group, so if I can help with anything at all (good or bad!) for any of the sites please give me a call on 01924 246 900,

email me [email protected] or message me on here!

After meeting many Briskoda members up in York, I look forward to meeting more here in Wakefield!

Thanks,

Ben Redfern

Sales Manager

D M Keith Wakefield

• Like 1

Took my vrs in 2 year back for a part ex qoute...offered £4800.same car on forecourt for sale with 10000 more miles on clock at £8500.skoda doncaster offered me nearly £6000,and as such will never step foot in Dm Keiths ever again.pays to shop around!!

Hi Daz,

Sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the previous valuation you had. As I am sure you are aware different people look at vehicles when valuing them in different ways. I am the new Sales Manager for Wakefield and would like the opportunity to rebuild any bridges which have previously been broken. I would therefore urge anyone out there to give us another try, with the new management and staff we now have in place!

I hope the Fabia you ended up buying is treating you good!

Thanks, Ben

cheers Ben....yes the car I have now has been ok (vrs fabia2,bought in Car People near to you).Now your as near to me as Skoda Donny I will likely call in sometime and price servicing up and have a nosey

• 2 months later...

You see it's enthusiasm like this I love, when my power steering sensor was replaced in October, couldn't fault it at all as said, and I had a pair of plates made up and fitted.

Went into Bickerton in Sheffield yesterday to get my new personal plates made up and fitted, and they were 8 pounds more expensive and they didn't really seem like they wanted to fit them. I know it was Christmas Eve and no one really enjoys work around this period, but I got the impression that they just couldn't be arsed. I was also waiting for around half an hour or more to get them made AND fitted. DM Keith are definitely my dealer of choice :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think you have to be careful when comparing trade in values as its the price to change that really matters. That said I recently enquired about trading in my Yeti against a Blackline at Keiths in Wakefield and they offered me £700 less than the Car People round the corner. To be fair, there is more money in a used car than new but when I pointed out that they had exactly the same car as I was trading in on the forecourt at another site for £3k more than the trade in offer, the salesman rang me back to say he had "persuaded" Ben the sales manager to give me another £350. I then phone another dealer who immediately offered me another £50 on top of that so there is more work to be done there when I go and sign up for the car.

That said haggling is half the fun of buying a car and while you should always push for the best deal, you have to allow them to make some money......... :happy:

As to my thoughts on DM Keiths, I have bough several cars off them over the years and have always found them to be honest reliable and fair.

• 2 months later...

I have just picked up my second Octavia VRS from D.M Keith Wakefield, on both occasions the sales person I dealt with was Richard Adams who I found to be a thoroughly decent chap. He was very knowledgable, there was no pressure or hard sell just lots of information. Both times I found the part ex price I was given to be very reasonable. I found a minor item missing from the spare wheel kit, called Richard and he arranged to drop it off at my home. Can't say fairer than that. I know everyone has differing experiences but from mine I would highly recommend this branch and Richard in particular.

Edited by Tallpaul574

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought my Yeti 170bhp Elegance through Kevin on the Motability Scheme, as I posted earlier it was a pleasurable experience. My wife Libby is the main user of the car and loves it to bit's, as I'm sure I would if she ever lets me drive it.

A problem arose recently as Libby is changing jobs which could incur some business mileage. On checking direct with Motability was told that could not be covered on insurance (I could drive it for business use but not Libby). So we were going to have to let the Yeti go.

Went into D.M.Keiths at Wakefield and spoke to Kevin and explained the situation. He offered to ring Motability on our behalf on Monday and ring us back with the result, which he has just done.

He gave me the number to phone at Motability and the points I should emphasise, which I have done.

Motability are sending out an amended insurance policy permitting business use...........Brilliant service or what.......Cheers Kevin and D.M.Keith's.

• 2 months later...

Just taken delivery of my new Roomster this morning from DM Keith, Wakefield. Overall its been a pleasure dealing with them this time. Many thanks to Kevin Abson for his patience and much help and great service. Nothing too much trouble and I have to say the deal on this car was too good to turn down.If you get invited to one of their VIP events, do go. Must also mention Sales Manager Ben Redfearn (BenRed on here) for his help. Its been as long wait since ordering in May but having driven it, it really was worth the wait. Once again thanks guys for everything  :happy:

• 1 month later...

DM Keiths of Wakefield have the worst mechanics I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

I can't decide whether it's incompetence or worse a blatant attempt at getting some cash out of me.

We bought the car from them nearly 3 months ago and paid well over the odds on an 06 Fabia VRS, we knew we were paying more than we should but was very pleased to be able to get the car from a main dealer, they didn't normally deal in such old cars but we paid over the odds to ensure that famous main dealer, no quible warranty was behind us.

There were a few issues that sprang up straight away, like paying them £30 at the point of sale for some diesel in the car, this they failed to do, so a day later I'm down there again getting what I'd paid for, there were a few other niggles but nothing that couldn't be attributed to a busy sales rep and small over sights.

We managed to get three months warranty with the car and in the final two weeks before it expired we'd amounted a few little jobs that needed attending, the main problem being the windscreen washer that was only blowing out of one side, again, not the end of the world, and I did say to the guy at D M Keiths I suspect the pipe has popped off, they booked the car in and took it for the day, costly to us as we use the car for business.

When we picked up the car they said all had been done and a new pipe fitted to the washer.

But it still didn't work, when I got home I filled the washer bottle again in case it was empty, nope, it wasn't fixed, and worse than that, the washer bottle was now emptying, each day I don't have the car is 12 working money gone, so this time the wife went down and complained that such a simple job now meant we had to take even more time off to come back down and sort, the guy behind the desk was very sorry and asked what he could do to remedy the problem, we agreed he could come out to the house and pick the car up them selves and return it, this they did and took the car for two days, however, the mechanic now reported the problem was a broken washer pump and it couldn't be repaired under warranty but they were willing to let me have the repair at cost, now I was already having trouble believing this as the washer was very strong on one side and the rear, but whatever, I'm in no position to question a Skoda mechanic and said fine.

When the guy came to return the car he'd forgotten about getting a quote for a body job, again, no problem, he said all fixed with a new pump and also a new washer bottle (after three days) and I gave the car a wash for you, awesome, I jumped in the car to do some shopping and straight away realised the problem was still there, no one had tried it or even listened to me when I said I think a pipe came off, I was fuming, drove down there at tea time time all within an hour of getting the car back and this time I made a real noise, I was angry in the extreme, the girl behind the desk want to book the thing back in, not a chance, instead we went around to the workshop where I was less than polite with the mechanic, he had a look while I complained to the other two about £50 washer pumps that weren't needed and the mechanic got two tidy ties out, put the pipe back on and this time tested it.

Woe betide them if they send me a bill for that bloody pump, it took him all of ten minutes to sort out the pipe that had become disconnected and now the whole affair has left a very bad taste in my mouth, we were off to buy another VRS from them this week but after this shambles I'll take my chances elsewhere.

Add to this when I got back in the car it covered my hands in brake dust and left marks on the car, less than three miles after it's "wash".

So what have we got here then:

£30 they didn't bother with, car was delivered empty

A £50 bill for a ten minute job that didn't need doing

And three days of lost wages because each time they couldn't be bothered to try each of the items they replaced, 1 new tube, a new bottle and a new pump, when all the time it was the pipe popping off, job sorted with a couple of tidy ties

Interestingly the threw up some amber alerts on the car, Bump stops and Handbrake sticking, some thing about a brake cylinder on the rear, all things they should have spotted at the point of sale, however, I've had a look, there's no leaking cylinder, the hand brake isn't sticking and so on.

A shame you can't trust the mechanics at this place, I was looking forward to buying another one from them this next couple of weeks but I can't now because I can't decide whether they are just crap mechanics or out to make money, either way it's not good.

• 3 months later...

Bought a yeti from these guys last weekend. Collected it on Sunday, the car is fab goes without saying. But the service so far has been second to none.

They are still dealing with a couple of issues with the car, but the point being they are doing something about it and not trying to avoid it like other dealers I've used.

They are only minor issues too like a firmware upgrade on a bolero and some door foils.

My whole experience with the purchase of the car was one of the best I've had thanks to salesman Lee Jackson. Can't thank him enough his after sales have also been fantastic.

I would recommend them to anyone, more of small family dealership feel to it rather than a big corporate company.

So thanks guys.

Carl.

Edited by Dinski
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Bought a 6 month old Octavia from this dealer. At the time I was told there was no spare key and that one would be ordered. I got a message that the key had arrived and what did I want to do. I the spent a week making some 6-7 calls to speak to the salesman, who was never available. 6-7 times I left messages for him to call me back. Nothing. In the end I rang the dealer principle to complain, and inform him I was still waiting for my spare key. A short while later the service manager rang to say he had the key, but he needed the car to match it. Although it is a 32 mile round trip for me I made arrangements to take in the car (they did offer to collect it) The visit and work was carried out in less than 20mins, but nobody including the salesman appologised for the lack of communication. The final strew and the reason for this post, was when I got home I recieved an automated telephone call from DM Keiths asking me if I was satisffied !. Nobody in person to ask if I was satisfied.

• 7 months later...

We have just bought An 11 month old Suberb Elegance Estate from D M Keith at Wakefield. The salesman we dealt with was Kevin Absen, who was very professional and honest. We drove what we think was a very hard deal with them but have found them to be honest and have dealt with the minor issues we had without any problem. We would certainly recommend this dealership. When we needed to talk to anyone the receptionist put us through to the person we asked for and if they weren't available then messages were passed. and the member of staff we wanted to speak to have called us back.

We have just bought An 11 month old Suberb Elegance Estate from D M Keith at Wakefield. The salesman we dealt with was Kevin Absen, who was very professional and honest. We drove what we think was a very hard deal with them but have found them to be honest and have dealt with the minor issues we had without any problem. We would certainly recommend this dealership. When we needed to talk to anyone the receptionist put us through to the person we asked for and if they weren't available then messages were passed. and the member of staff we wanted to speak to have called us back.

Yes ditto re Kevin..I bought my Roomster from him and my experience was same as yours.. :thumbup: ...Sadly the workshop isnt as good hence I take mine to Leeds Branch for service

Hmmm i have yet to try the service. I am waiting for them to take the car in for a few minor probs so i will wait and see

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

They sent mine out with headlights that hadnt been adjusted from the factory settings, which was frightening in the dark and when I took it back they failed again....Took 2 mins at a local MOT station who told me that if presented for the test in that state it would have failed!!...Taken 3 Skodas to Leeds for service over the years and no complaints at all  :thumbup:

• 2 years later...

DMK Wakefield really helped me out today when my locking wheel nut key was damaged. Casting no blame but the last ones to replace the wheels were DMK Leeds when I had new front pads 6 weeks ago.

Anyway the Wakefield chaps lent me a key from their master set so I could loosen the lockers enough so my key worked.

My Summer wheels are back on :-) so expect snow in April :-(

They even made me a coffee.

Edited by Web Ferret

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Our Yeti has just had its first service at 7254 miles carried out by DMK Wakefield. Top marks all round and many thanks to James Gibson for looking after me in such a professional and friendly manner.

I was impressed by how easy and accessible the DMK site is just off the dual carriageway; when I arrived just after 8am there were masses of parking spaces and everything was spotless. The showroom was clean and very tidy; I was twice kindly offered refreshments as I waited. The service was carried out in the time stated; rather than sit in the waiting area I had a pleasant walk on to Hampson's Garden Centre in lovely warm sunshine to pass an hour away.

Absolutely no problems with our Yeti as expected and its a brilliant car to own and drive; it's the SEL 2.0L diesel. Service cost was fair and I'm now all set up to add mores miles.

I've already received a short video of the service check. Well done DMK.

Kind regards, Colin.

• 1 year later...

Just picked my Superb up after a low boost fault. No real fault source was found but a suspected sensor was changed after advice from technical. Thanks to Tom for friendly professional service.