Lookers Skoda - Salford

DGW

Long time since any report on this dealership.just picked up a facelifted Mark 3 Octavia VRS. Nice to be seen by a VRS driving salesperson. Very enthusiastic and knowledgeable and not just after the sale. Updated video coverage when the vehicle arrived and the final prep film the night before we where due to pick the vehicle up. I think when we went to collect he was as excited as us. Micheal Cochrane was the sales executive

• 1 month later...

Manchester Skoda failed to fix my door lock problem, simply telling me there was no problem, when there was. Brian at Skoda Eccles got to the bottom of the problem and sorted it he couldn't have been more helpful, bought car from Manchester dealership, i will be using Eccles from now on 

• 4 months later...

Well so far my initial contact with these guys has been great - we have made an appt for a chat and they have even rung me to rearrange said appointment due to a clash, nice comms. AND they have acknowledged and thanked me for contacting via e-mail - great service so far, much better than another Skoda deal have had contact with recently! Here's to a successful deal!

well I brought a car from them on Saturday - 2.0 Edition Karoq - felt the deal was good offered lots of drinks etc while we went through the sales blurb etc - will see how the process goes throughout delivery - so far very good

• 3 weeks later...

So my update to the above - well it could have gone better tbh. I did phone to see when the car would be delivered - transferred from Newcastle dealers - they have a couple of weeks but it didnt get done until 2 days prior to me picking it up. I had to chase to find out what was happening then told I need to fill out an urgent form before anything more could be done - semed like it could have pushed my pickup back (so I was lead to blieve). I was in a hurry as my MOT expired on my part-ex the day after the agreed pickup - hence my urgency and going to London the following week. The urgent form they needed completing before anything else could be done was a GDPR form - I blew up at this and called the manager to complain (why would this even hold up any valeting/garage work). Long and short I got my car in time but it felt stressful and rushed - which it shouldnt have been. I'd always gone to Simpsons preston before this and only changed because they couldn't be arsed getting back to me. Do people want customers anymore? So overall - I feel neutral or more ambivalent about the whole thing.

• 10 months later...

seems strange as my post prev is the last post reviewing these guys -lol

UPDATE - i said the handover was a little rushed - well when I purchased car it came with (at that time) 2 free services. Well the first service is now due - so booked it in with Skoda, Lookers, Burry new rd. - I got this from their old branch in Eccles). So duly booked and told to bring 'proof' of my 2 free services - well could i find anything - nothing, I though god this is going to be an uphill battle with the service guys.

I was welcomed at the service desk by Peter - I explained the situation and he said he would look into it for me. Sp I left the car for its first service in their hands. I got back half expecting an argument and a big bill. I was handed the receipt and details of works, inspections etc carried out. No amount to pay, they had honoured the 'agreement'. I of course thanked Peter for going out of his way to help and he said it was all part of their 'customers for life' and thanked me for my custom.

Lookers, really looked after me I feel and went that extra bit to help, and agreed that was the 'offer' at the time and would honour it, even if I didnt have any paperwork to prove it. GREAT customer service. I hope they are on here and can check out this review - I couldnt have asked more of them - they sorted it out, no fuss, no drama, no having to escalate complaints - just good old fashioned customer service and delighting a customer.

• 2 months later...

My other halfs Rapid 1.6tdi broke down nearby while on holiday, so got recovered to this garage as it was near our friends house.

Unfortunately broke down on a Saturday afternoon, do no one in servicing, but a nice chap in sales said he'd pass on our details on the Monday morning. Diagnosed a faulty injector 1, but getting this info was hard when they fail repeatedly to phone back with info. I went in to discuss repair and as it was covered by the "fix" warranty we were told it should be covered by that. However we were also told it needed a brake fluid change and new wipers. I politely said that was rubbish as I'd had the brake fluid changed a couple of months prior and the wipers were about 3wks old! The senior service chap was not impressed with the mechanic and said he'd keep an eye on it himself. He was very knowledgeable and helpful and was good at answering my questions in good detail realising I was pretty knowledgeable about "the fix" and engines.

We caught the train home leaving the car there and carried on our holiday in Wales in my Octavia.

I phoned and was promised call backs on several occasions, which didn't happen. It ended up taking over a week for the repair. Although there was a little delay on the day it was supposed to be done as one mechanic crashed their own car on his way to work. They did eventually get it fixed over night when they were given a deadline.

Fortunately we could cope with the delays and make out own arrangements, but they are hopeless at getting in touch when they say they will. And I don't think much to their attempts to make you pay for extra work!

• 2 years later...