Sydenham

Royal Leamington Spa

Warwickshire

CV31 1NB

08433 193575

Services: New, Used, Repair.

Address updated 11 February 2014.

• 1 month later...

Well i feel as though i'm doing all the dealers at the moment in the midalnds.

I went into Arbury Skoda (i think, as it had Lots of Peugeots but i coudn't see any Skodas on the forecourt) for an aerial cable. The price was cheaper than central skoda so i enquired about fitting as well.

2 and a half hours labout to fit an aerial cable that should be quoted at 1 hour:rolleyes: - when i quoted that central skoda and unit 18 will do it in for an hours labour they said i was misquoted:rolleyes:

Not a good impression so i dont think i'll go there for work on my car.

• 2 months later...

I visited this garage yesterday as I had an engine management light on.

They booked me in straight away (without pre-booking) and gave me a lift to a nearby industrial estate where I was visiting a customer.

All very professional and polite - looked good.

But - could not repair vehicle as they had no parts, left vacuum pipe disconnected.

Charged me £70 for checking the vehicle and handed me a copy of the diagnostic readout.

Not great - but I think they tried

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Arbury Skoda Leamington quoted me £190 for a first service (10000 miles) on my fabia3 1.4 TDI. ******************* did it for £85 good service and friendly staff.

Edited by DGW
Inappropriate mention of another dealer deleted.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Sales manager ****** thinks he's amazing - I don't! Rude to me now he has my money, doesn't call you back when he says he would and generally unhelpful. Service & parts so far have been very good - speak to rob!

Personally I wouldn't buy a new or second hand car off them again. Which is a real shame as they are nice and local.

Edited by DGW
Christian name superfluous in this case - hence deleted.

• 2 months later...

popped in today to have a look at a 57plate vrs, didnt take long, nearside front wing had a surface like the moon and looked like it had been painted with an aerosol can. Dont know how a franchised dealer could present a car for sale in this condition.

Back in the summer I spent a good 15-20 mins looking over a Fabia Estate on the forecourt.

It was base model so not what I wanted but a good opportunity to look over an open car.

A salesman wandered out to another car then back in side.

Normally once looking at a specific car for more than a couple of minutes a salesman is out.

If no interest shown when potential of a sale and hence commission ( without asking they were not to know I would not have bought this spec model ) what prospects of good support for routine servicing let alone an awkward or intermittent fault.

Hence with VAT offer once I decided to purchase new I have ordered from another dealer.

• 4 months later...

Just picked up my new 11 plate octy 4x4 from Arbury, lots of the staff have changed since i ordered my car in December but the staff were friendly and efficient, Service dept has been good for me over the last few years.

• 3 weeks later...

Went in around last July when my company told me I was about to get a new Skoda Octavia SE.

She who chooses colours wanted to make a decision. We found a very helpful salesan, even though he knew it was going to be a lease car coming from a dealership at the other end of the country! He spent some time with us, and we came away very impressed.

We have now had our Octavia about 8 months and will be taking it there for its first service shortly, and will see if the service side of the business is as good as our first impressions.

Went to Arbury in March to order a new Superb Elegance CR170 4x4 in Rhosso Brunello, salesman giving me a delivery date of June 30. After many frustrating telephone conversations with dealer's sales person and Sales Manager and after several phone calls to Skoda UK I cancelled order. Reasons:

1.Salesman was not aware of deletion of Luna alloys as an option in MY12 changes.

2.Salesman was not aware of option of ordering black carpet with Ivory leather upholstery. He even accused me of point scoring when I insisted it was an option.

3. I was assured that my order would be OK despite problems with colour availability.

4. After several weeks and no indicative build date received I was told by Skoda UK that my order was held by factory awaiting decision on wheel choice. Dealer denied all knowledge of emails from Skoda UK on this.

5. Chose Luxon alloy wheels in place of Lunar. Dealer cancelled original order and placed new one. As a result order went to back of queue with delivery date back to November!

6. Skoda UK advised me that original June 30 delivery date would not have been achievable.

After long conversation with Sales Manager who had a 'take it or leave attitude' I decided to cancel order.

To be fair to them they did return my deposit immediately.

I neither recommend or not recommend this dealer. I leave any readers to make their own decision.

• 5 weeks later...

Can't comment on sales/service side of things.

This garage was very helpful when it came to identifying a missing locking wheel nut key. Within 10 minutes of pulling up, the locking nuts were removed (was booked in to get new tyres at local garage when the issue arose) and replacement key ordered.

Complete contrast to Coventry dealer who claimed the nuts would need drilling out and wanted about £100 all in.

• 10 months later...

I live in Wales but work near Leamington Spa. Unfortunately I had a major problem with my previous Superb, due to an ECU failure. I have found them to be very efficient and knowledgable of the car and its electrical systems. They kept me informed on the progress of the repair. Since then I have had my Superbs serviced there and will continue to do so. I have a special commendation for Rob who works on Service Reception. He has proven to be efficient, caring and friendly.

I feel their New Car Sales Department was less efficient for when I requested they quote me for a replacement Combi fully loaded of accessories. They didnt bother so the sale went elsewhere

• 1 year later...

Went there this morning to look at Rapid Spaceback. Was Peugeot & Skoda dealerships on same site, now Peugeot & Nissan, Skoda gone. Not surprised as the sales side had a a poor reputation.

• 5 weeks later...

They have moved to a Skoda only site in Berrington Road, Sydenham.

I have found them fair and cheaper than my other local dealer on my last 3 cars, and to date good for service and warranty.

Good job I read this thread, my Superb was taken here by Green Flag on Tuesday after it went in to limp mode following issues with the ERG valve. I would have gone to the old site on Apollo way! Here's to hoping everything is ok!

DD

Edited by Devonshiredave

• 1 month later...

took the previous octavia there three times for warranty work for water ingress [they sold me the car new], they didnt find the cause and on one occasion left an open stanley knife on the plenum and on the last occasion managed to put a small ding on the bonnet. gave up with them and took it to rainworth who identified the problem and fixed it first time.

• 1 year later...

Very happy with my initial work with Arbury Skoda.

The salesman (am I allowed to mention his name?) couldn't have been any more help, superb service from him.

Kept me informed at every step, introduced me to all the team in the various areas.

Very pleased with this dealership

• 9 months later...

I've had two dealings with Arbury Skoda in Leamington...

December 09

Bought my current (soon to be replaced) Octavia used from here. The sales guy was really good - wish I could remember his name - spent time with me, happily took me out for a test drive right there and then and spent a good couple of hours with me overall. No pressure, even when I said I had some other garages to look at (was deciding between an Octavia and Mondeo at the time). Ended up going back the next day to put a deposit down. He got things sorted quickly and I picked the car up a few days later, earlier than he'd originally suggested as he rescheduled some of the jobs that needed sorting before handing over. Couldn't have been happier. Got in touch a few times over the first couple of years to see if I was looking to upgrade, but wasn't wanting to at the time.

April 2016

Ok, so the Octavia ended up staying with me much longer than intended! However, now in a position to buy a Superb my first choice was to head to Arbury again. Entirely different experience this time, I'm sorry to say. Went in as a genuine customer looking to start the ordering process (I knew what it wanted having thoroughly researched) and spoke to a sales guy. Told him what I was looking for and he ran a finance quote or two buy was making no real effort to try and meet what I was after - no attempt to change deposit, even when I said I could put a larger deposit down. He then tried to sell me a used Superb Mk2 when I'd already made pretty clear that I wanted a new car, mainly because it's actually cheaper on finance to do that. He gave up on the Superb pretty quickly, less than 15 mins on that I'd say and he then spent quite a while trying to sell me an Octavia instead! I ended up walking away, saying I wanted to give it some thought, just to get away.

Shame, after my initial great experience some years ago, but I won't be going back there in a hurry. Ended up going through carwow and saw someone else had posted a review which was pretty much identical to my experience. I can only assume they are currently on more commission or something for selling Octavias! Customer lost though as my Superb is now on order form Listers Coventry.

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I bought my Fabia MC from Arbury in January and they were fantastic - really did the right thing (when many dealers would have waved me goodbye).

Can't praise Dave and will highly enough - started to change my mind about dealers - would have called them stealers before this purchase!

John

• 3 months later...

Recently purchased a 14 plate vRS Octavia from Arbury and I'm very pleased with the service I received.

Initially I went for a test drive with Dave and found him to be very pleasant with a no pressure approach, nothing was too much trouble. New tyres fitted all round (they were below 3mm), and a full service and DSG oil change prior to collection.

A couple of weeks after collecting the car I noticed a rattle from the rear at low speed on bumpy roads (didn't hear it on the test drive - by the way it's not SWMBO) and also found that the cruise control randomly dropped out. I looked them up on the forum and they're both known issues.

After speaking to the service they had the car in for investigation, let me know they'd updated the cruise software and were replacing the rear shock absorbers. In addition they emailed me a video of the underside showing springs / bushes / linkages they'd checked and the exhaust hangers / clearance which gave me confidence that they'd had a good look.

All the issues are sorted and could not be happier. Problems will occur and it's how they're handled that's important to me. James in service was very helpful. Glad I bought an approved used Skoda from them.

I'll use them again in the future for service and sales.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

So I am a volunteer driver for the NHS, part of a Warwickshire group called 4x4 volunteers as we usually assist during snow and floods moving patients and nurses, however our services have been needed during Covid. 

So I was dropping a nurse off in leamington when my ‘check engine oil’ light came on... never a good thing. Luckily I was just at the nurses house which happens to be 30 seconds from the Skoda dealership. Knowing I have a service plan with Skoda and having no other options I got to the dealership and checked the oil (dipstick was showing just on the bottom), again never a good thing... So I went in as as its a Sunday there was only 2 salesmen working, with no access to the service stock room. However after explaining my predicament the sales man noticed oil sat on a self ‘advertising’ the oil and we checked that it was right for my car and after sussing out it is absolutely the right oil, he gave it to me free of charge and helped me fill my car and then off I went. 

This may have been just a nice good will gesture from the salesman, however this is exactly the kind of service that makes you go back... so next time I want a new Skoda I’ll be heading to leamington as it thoroughly impressed me... albeit a small ish gesture!

Anyway.. thought I’d share!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I've been thoroughly unimpressed by the Service department.

I had a "Front Assist" warning, but the car had an extra cable by the OBD socket the previous (corporate) owner had installed for a black box. Arbury Skoda Leamington Spa quoted £240 for two hours work to trace the extraneous cable, when if they'd just looked at it for 30 seconds - like I did when I got home - they'd have seen that it just went into the OBD socket by the pedals. They wouldn't even plug the diagnostic computer in - claiming (not unfairly) that they couldn't trust the diagnostics with that cable in place. That's not very pragmatic though. A different local garage were happy to plug their diagnostic computer and what it returned was very sensible (included when the battery had gone flat recently), and showing that the "Front Assist" fault was because the radar thought it wasn't vertically aligned correctly.

Arbury Skoda gave the impression that they were just trying to make work for themselves. I've have been happy for them to say "This is what the on-board diagnostics are saying, but we can't be certain that's correct until we've removed the extra cable. We've had a quick look and it just goes to the OBD socket and will cost £x to remove it and return the OBD wiring to factory standard."

Their Parts department/person was a bit of a mixed bag.  They were helpful finding a little part (damper/brake for the glove box lid) but didn't know about the different sized spare wheels they could order.  I got the parts online from somewhere that did know.