South Australia

The solitary dealer in Adelaide South Australia - have you ever wondered when after having your car serviced you read that list of ticked checkboxes and wonder whether the work has been done?? I don't any more because after my 30,000km service the dealer had checked the box for replacing 4 new sparkplugs -on my Octavia 2.0 Tdi !!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

and the solitary dealer in Perth, Western Australia...Well I guess they have worked out that my nearest alternative dealer is only 2692 Kilometers down the road. The car is great, the sales experience was fine but service is from the VW part of the dealership and they just don't seem to want to work on a Skoda. Not even reseting the service interval left me wondering just how much they had done.

A couple of months later I tried to remove a wheel only to find that the locking wheel nuts on one side of the car were now completely different to those on the other side. My guess is the guy who had his vw on the hoist next to my car is going to discover the same problem.

I guess at least it proves that they took two wheels off.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how sales are going in Perth as they were flogging their vRS estate demo through the auctions a few months ago!! I was tempted but didn't really have the cash at the time, ended up getting a Forester XT instead:D

• 3 weeks later...

Got a letter from Skoda (Australia) advising that the Perth dealer has been "replaced". Will be part of DVG group in Melville. Hopefully an improvement.

• 4 years later...

Just bought a 1.2 yeti from Barbagallo Skoda in Osbourne Park, Perth. Great sales lady... But now to see how the service guy treat go. Apparently it's the same guys that do all the Ferrari Lamborghini and Jag cars (we shall see :))

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

• 1 month later...

I've just bought through Barabgallo in Osborne Park. I suspect they sell so few Skodas they could probably work out who I am! Anyway, they seem friendly and helpful enough, of course I should expect nothing less during the sales process. Time will tell for service. We'll also see how well informed they keep me during the build and delivery process.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Just recently purchased a new Karoq Sportline from Nepean Motor Group in Penrith (Sydney suburb) fantastic process and zero complaints. My local dealer is in Orange some come the time it will be interesting to see how that process goes.

• 3 months later...
On 20/06/2009 at 08:39, Arclighter said:

The solitary dealer in Adelaide South Australia - have you ever wondered when after having your car serviced you read that list of ticked checkboxes and wonder whether the work has been done?? I don't any more because after my 30,000km service the dealer had checked the box for replacing 4 new sparkplugs -on my Octavia 2.0 Tdi !!!!!!!!!!!

I know who you mean, as I use their Tanunda branch. My latest service report recommended the cabin pollen filter be replaced, but fortunately none were in stock. Their quote to supply and fit: $274. YouTube showed where this filter hides (since the Owner's Manual doesn't), so I took the Repco solution ($30) which took me 15 minutes to fit.