Skoda Octavia WRC Limited Edition...The Facts.

Hi all.....I've just put a deposit down on No. 78/100. Collecting it Saturday and I can't wait...it seems fairly standard with the exception of a s/s powerflow exhaust, forge dv, lowered a tad on springs....it drives well, seems solid and goes well, well as well as it can on a test drive lol.

Was looking for a vrs in the next few months but when this came up local I couldn't turn it down. Still find it mad to think there are only 25 rhd models in the world lol....only thing I would say is I wish they made a bit more effort with the plaque on the dash, something similar to the golf anniversary, the WRC one looks very simple.

Once collected I'll get some photos up etc....looking forward to owning it and seeing some of you at the shows, feel free to come and chat if you see me.

Stu.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi i recently bought no:67(rhd), its a bit on the battered side but it shouldnt take long to overhaul the bodywork (major rust on n/s front arch, drivers mirror housing flaking). The underside however is starting to give me a headache... ive owned it for 3 weeks and this will be the second time it will be having the front brakes looked at (sounds like the brakes are binding but have no hard evidence). Also all front bushes need replacing as they are hanging off. Then its time for the cam belt and water pump.

The car had no service history with it when bought and it deffinatley has NOT been looked after. I have washed and thoroughly cleaned the interior more times than ive changed my undergarments in the last 3 weeks.lol

watch out briskodians theres another candy white octy vrs wrc cruising around near you. :rock:

• 6 months later...

I was thinking of getting one of these when I got my vrs back in '08 (there were a few going on autotrader back then) When I was looking into the specs back then im sure I read somewhere that the WRC had a slightly shorter wheelbase than the standard vrs which would explain a difference in handling (should be slighty better) not 100% sure though

Nope exactly the same

People please read

It's just a white Octavia with a badge and stickers

The rest was all optional extras lol

Nothing special about them

If it hasn't got stickers then even worse

Use not a single part that the wrc car had lol

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 years later...

Just having a rummage around and came across this thread.

Out of interest, how much would one of these set you back, to buy today?

I very nearly bought one some years ago, but didn't like the salesman