New Sat Nav Disk

For any one interested I have just successfully updated to version 5.1 sat nan maps,

all I have got to do now is to find some where that was not on it that now is lol.

The firm ware update will be in my possession soon I hope as well which give better functionality to the Columbus.

SNOB

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone had the V6 maps yet?

VW Navi are showing "supposedly" Skoda Part No.s v6 Maps from Skoda - VWnavi.com

Our Local Dear has V5 in stock and says that the V6 Part No.s aren't valid. They also say that there is nothing suggesting there will be a Skoda V6 in the near future!

Also just spoken to VW dealers and they say the VW part no. doesn't exist either! They say that "v5 is this years disk!"

Will there be any issue in using the VW disk instead if it does toun out to be available?

Edited by uncle bulgaria

• 2 weeks later...

Got my V6 maps today from a dealer in Dublin Ireland, On the install make sure to select “save database” option otherwise rns510 will want disk left in.

It takes about 30 min to install

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Sorry to drag up an old topic but I just received the new V6 map disc from my dealer and it had a different part number to the one above. The disc I received is part No. AAN 000 067 Europe West (V6).

I hope this may be of some use!

Rob

There is now a V6.1 disk (disk label CD_7074 for Western Europe).

Very little has changed on the disk, and the map data is still the same as on the V6.0 disk. I'm guessing it was just a small bugfix for the software components.

The VW part number is: 1T0051859M

The changed files are:

cdrom.toc

config\create_cd

db\euz.pca

db\euz.pct

db\zone.cfg

dbal\VERSIONS.CFG

old -> dbal\V005_016\dbal.out

new -> dbal\V005_017\DBAL.OUT

Cheers,

Bagpuss.

hello,

my dealer invite me to see the new SII combi, I try to have a copy of this DVD (and his ref)

In case people don’t know the V6 map has "lane assist" ( very useful ) and speed limits in MPH and they change automatically to KPH when you leave the UK

I have 1T0 059 819 K Western Europe

What I would like to clarify is this..

Is this V6 disc an official Skoda item? if it is , what is the part number?

or is it a VW item?

Is this available in the U.K.?

What are the chances of our local Skoda dealer knowing about this version?

Our local VW dealer is not worth bothering about and I would be happier going to my Skoda garage purchase this disc if that is possible.

Thanks, G.K.

The V3 map disk also support lane assist, its been part of the columbus spec from day one.

I have been running the V6.0 disk for a few weeks now, and guidance seems much improved over earlier versions. The navigation now seems to include more spoken navigation than before.

In earlier versions it would announce bare right soon, but with V6 at the same point it will announce, bare right towards Harlow soon.

What I would like to clarify is this..

Is this V6 disc an official Skoda item? if it is , what is the part number?

or is it a VW item?

Is this available in the U.K.?

What are the chances of our local Skoda dealer knowing about this version?

Our local VW dealer is not worth bothering about and I would be happier going to my Skoda garage purchase this disc if that is possible.

Thanks, G.K.

As I said in my previous post, I received my V6 disc from a UK dealer, it's part number by the bar code is AAN 000 067, the description on the rear is "Europe West (V6) A2C53389065".

It is in a Skoda box but listed on the back as compatible with RNS 510, RNS 810 and Seat Mediasystem.

I hope this helps answer some questions.

As I said in my previous post, I received my V6 disc from a UK dealer, it's part number by the bar code is AAN 000 067, the description on the rear is "Europe West (V6) A2C53389065".

It is in a Skoda box but listed on the back as compatible with RNS 510, RNS 810 and Seat Mediasystem.

I hope this helps answer some questions.

Can I just ask how much they charged you for it? I think I have V5, second hand car and no actual disk supplied just what is loaded on the HD.

Thanks

The disc was supplied with my new car so I wasn't charged for it.

As some here have mentioned before, the dealer didn't mention the disc when I collected the car and it's only after asking him that he told me they were waiting for some stock to arrive and he would send it on. If I hadn't asked I'm not sure if I would have got it.

UV Worldwide have V6 at £79.00

I purchased my RNS510 from them (fitted by another shop who deal in radios etc. they have a deal) and they let me update to V5 a year later for free.

I just installd it outside the shop and gave the disc back. A bit cheeky I know. :giggle:

My Elegance is being delivered in mid March and yesterday I asked the dealer if the latest discs would be supplied with the vehicle. He said that the car would not be supplied with any discs they would just download the maps on to the hard drive during the PDI, he said that this was now Skoda policy. Is this now the case or is he just fobbing me off?