What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

So far iv sliced the membrane and cut the top off tje deadlocked door mech. Then the wee man awoke before i could get any farther... swmbo was out. Video monitors are brilliant...

i have pics of progress will be photo bucketing them into the topic in mk1 octy section later on.

Good luck with the deadlock! Had a lot of bother with a Passat B5 a couple of years ago, replaced one door mech because of central locking trouble and ended up deadlocked. Decided to sell it in the end as there was other electrical trouble and I couldn't face attacking the stuck door (ended up with the Fabia).

Good luck with the deadlock! Had a lot of bother with a Passat B5 a couple of years ago, replaced one door mech because of central locking trouble and ended up deadlocked. Decided to sell it in the end as there was other electrical trouble and I couldn't face attacking the stuck door (ended up with the Fabia).

i have it unlocked :D it now works manually pushing and pulling the pin in the door, 1990's pre central locking style :thumbup:

But the two spline screws holding in the mech both roumded when i treied to remove - withe a spline head!

• Like 1

Further than I got, sounds like you'll be doing some drilling!

Yep... ive new ones coming in via dealer parts desk monday - no local factors supply bolts ?! Iv enquired before for me farb bush mounts

Off on monday/tuesday so if i can ill be tackling with me drill....

Put the dog in it, filled the rest of the space with garden cuttings, got rained on, went to tip whilst getting rained on. Left contents bar the dog at tip and went to buy coat for the dog.

Got rained on.

Took dog out of car, walked it a mile and a half through muddy fields whilst getting rained on.

Put dog back in car.

Went home, took dog out of car and refilled car with more wet garden waste whilst getting rained on.

Went back to tip and covered car in mud driving past the agricultural show.

Emptied car in the rain, drove back past agricultural show on roads covered in liquid mud.

Met two idiots in a merc.

Stopped raining.

Topped up windscreen wash, checked oil, wiped down the plastics, cleaned boot. Outside of the car looks TERRIBLE.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Got the screw removedbfrom my tyre and got away with a plug and patch.. phew!

Also picked up the new lock mech screws. Roll on saturday - drilling time to remove the rounded ones... oh joy!

Took it to Northallerton to B&M to get a little computer desk that I saw last month. They didn't have one in, thought I'd go to the B&M in Darlington instead. Spent ages in Darlo lost and didn't find it so thought I'd go to Argos. Parked up in Sainsburys multi story car park to walk over to Argos, got out the car and some t*** actually asked me if I wanted my car washing. Seriously? What the f*** did he think he was saying? Does my car seriously look like it needs  cleaning? He'd put more dirt on the car not take any off! I politely explained that I'd just cleaned it this morning but for f*** sake he p***ed me off.

• Like 1

Put a new (reconditioned) steering rack in it!

...the clunk I was hoping that'd fix, is still there. :|

...and I have a new electrical problem; ignition barrel only has continuity on the starter motor terminal :swear:

Took it to Northallerton to B&M to get a little computer desk that I saw last month. They didn't have one in, thought I'd go to the B&M in Darlington instead. Spent ages in Darlo lost and didn't find it so thought I'd go to Argos. Parked up in Sainsburys multi story car park to walk over to Argos, got out the car and some t*** actually asked me if I wanted my car washing. Seriously? What the f*** did he think he was saying? Does my car seriously look like it needs cleaning? He'd put more dirt on the car not take any off! I politely explained that I'd just cleaned it this morning but for f*** sake he p***ed me off.

B&M is out of the town centre, behind Morrisons on North Road. There's a new McDonalds next to it too.

The supermarket car washers are worse than the £5 hand washes, but some people care more about the convenience, which is a shame.

B&M is out of the town centre, behind Morrisons on North Road. There's a new McDonalds next to it too.

The supermarket car washers are worse than the £5 hand washes, but some people care more about the convenience, which is a shame.

I passed Morrissons twice. Even went to that really narrow railway tunnel, round by Machine mart, everywhere, took ages. Still never found it Just had to draw it to an end and admit defeat. Anyway, don't need it now as I have a desk. Not the one that I was after, not as good quality but it'll do just fine.