17563/P1155

DeeBe

Hello Briskodians!

I currently have a problem with the motor. When driving, if I stray above 2.5k-3k rpm, the turbo 'shuts down' with NO warning lights or anything. If I switch off and restart, it is fine again, until 2.5k-3k rpm and the whole saga starts again. The code is as follows:

17563 - Manifold Pressure Sensor (G71): Short to plus P1155 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

I disagree, it's NOT intermittent, its every bloody time! I've searched on here, and MAF, Sticky Vanes and replacement of the actual pressure sensor have all been mentioned.

Any ideas? I may be selling an Octavia real soon!

Cheers. Dave.

17563/P1155/004437 - Manifold Abs.Pressure Sensor (G71): Circ. Short to B+

Possible Symptoms

• Limp mode

Possible Causes

• Connection(s) to/from Manifold Abs.Pressure Sensor faulty
  • Manifold Abs.Pressure Sensor (G71) faulty
  • Pipes/hoses not/wrongly attached

Possible Solutions

• Check wiring and connections
  • Check / Replace Manifold Abs.Pressure Sensor (G71)
  • Check pipes and hoses

<a name="Special_Notes">

Special Notes

It sounds as if an intercooler hose has blown off?

Check all the large bore hoses (approx 4" dia) are still connected to the intercooler, EGR etc.

If they have blown out then the hose locating lug is probably worn so a replacement hose is needed, it's worth changing the clips at the same time as these ware and break as well (they are about 70p per clip)

HTH

It sounds as if an intercooler hose has blown off?Check all the large bore hoses (approx 4" dia) are still connected to the intercooler, EGR etc. If they have blown out then the hose locating lug is probably worn so a replacement hose is needed, it's worth changing the clips at the same time as these ware and break as well (they are about 70p per clip) HTH

Not something I would have thought of... will have to check tomorrow when it's light. Could this cause the 17563 code??? I've also just got 17564 Manifold Pressure Sensor (G71): Open/Short to Ground. It's not going well!

My first thought was sticky turbo when I saw the code but that is normally logged as "postive deviation" rather than a short.Is the car smoking at all? I think you often get black smoke if you have a boost leak.

I'm not sure on smoke, however, I've just got the emissions code 17552, so looks like there may be! I'm starting to get quite worried now! Ha ha ha!

the G71 fault code applies to the sensor fitted on one of the intercooler pipes, i'd probably check the connections to this to start with and for any pipe leakages but more than likely its that sensor thats gone faulty £39.70 from the dealers

the G71 fault code applies to the sensor fitted on one of the intercooler pipes, i'd probably check the connections to this to start with and for any pipe leakages but more than likely its that sensor thats gone faulty £39.70 from the dealers

Yep, my mechanic went straight to this, behind the O/S headlight. I've ordered one, and an N75 for good measure. Fingers crossed!

Edited by DeeBe

Ok, just to finish this topic off. We replaced the MAP sensor and the N75 and it's back to it's good old self! Happy endings! Good times!

Thanks to those that helped me out with suggestions etc. It's really appreciated!

Hmm, maybe, just maybe I spoke too soon, it did it again last night. I booted it in neutral as far as it would go, and the black stuff POURED out the back, and it ran lumpy. Off/On with the igntion and all is well again. Hit the limiter again twice and no problems or smoke, but still have the whoosh/chatter sound when changing gear. Any problem pipes I should look for to see if they are split/missing/blown off?

Cheers!

I shall check that first thing in the morning!!! Thanks trundlenut!

also another thing, Had something along these lines when i worked for skoda but was more of a permanent clattering noise with loss of boost, was the turbo veins that had shattered.

Also MAF sensors can cause lots of weird and wonderful faults so removing it and then testing (like previous poster said) will show if its to blame.

• 3 weeks later...

also another thing, Had something along these lines when i worked for skoda but was more of a permanent clattering noise with loss of boost, was the turbo veins that had shattered.

Also MAF sensors can cause lots of weird and wonderful faults so removing it and then testing (like previous poster said) will show if its to blame.

Sorry it's taken so long to reply.

Right, I replaced the MAF and it made no difference at all. So, my mechanic spent a lot of his own time removing my turbo only to find the a couple of the veins were indeed shattered. I decided that the best cause of action was to put it back together and get shot. It was also FILTHY. Absolutely drowned the tank with Wynns Diesel treatment and brayed the living sdaylights out of it down my local motorway and it seemed ok - down on power but ok.

I traded it in and bought a Focus. I only paid a shade over 1400 quid for the Octy so couldn't justify the repair cost for a turbo. I was absolutely gutted. I got a healthy 2500 trade so definitely couldn't grumble. The guy at the garage said he was sending it to the auctions so no comebacks or anything!

I still hope to stick around though. Thanks for everyones help.

Dave.