Octavia vRS Mk1 door card removal

Hi guys, i have a problem with my passenger side front window not working and i want to take the door card off to see what the problem is, i have everything undone but seems like the door handle is stopping it from coming off, how the hell do i remove the door card, any help or response would be much appreciated, thanks.

Edited by skodaboy76

Having just done the drivers door myself, its all fresh in the mind! I presume its similar for the passenger door?

On the handle itself, there is a small plastic clip (as long as the handle itself), which pins the handle to card. Lever this clip (carefully) towards the card, and once its withdrawn, the handle should come out. There are then 3 phillips head screws to undon, and voila! The door will need to be lifted/twisted upwards as it locates along the top next to the bottom of the window.

Good luck and Merry Christmas!

if you find there's nothing wrong, try the window control module on the drivers side...

Sounds weird, but it controls all windows, electric mirrors, door locks, interior lights etc, and it's prone to water ingress... (although usually it's the drivers door lock that goes first, followed by the drivers door mirror)

I don't have a VRS but I can't imagine it's too different. Unlike the drivers side, you need to remove the outer part of the door handle. If you look at it you should see a join running down the length of it which you need to prise off, once off, you will find the screws which hold on the door card. I'd post photos if I knew how. When I click to add image it asks for a URL, it would be easier if I could just upload direct to the site. The plastic moulds around so that the join is more towards the door card but it is easier to see at the base of the handle. I found it hard to remove with just a screwdriver without marking the plastic a little.

Almost identical to the front passenger door apart from the shape of the door handle and the absence of a cat... The electric window switch housing is held on with a philips screw and you need to remove the tweeter before taking the door card off. The tweeter just pulls straight off and I mean 'straight' or you will break the plastic prongs. (just give it a wiggle)