Steering Angle Sensor Removal How To

chopperj

By the sounds of things, yeah.

If you're going to go down that route, make sure you tape up the socket and the connector, and tie the cable up so it's not flapping about.

doz any one else second that motion that if i run the car with no fuse in for the power steering that i may be putting strain on the pump and or other steering systems?

doz any one else second that motion that if i run the car with no fuse in for the power steering that i may be putting strain on the pump and or other steering systems?

any one have any further info regarding this issue

I'm geting conflickting info about were the stering angel sensor is some site say that pas sensor is at the end of the stearing colm and others say that the stearing angel sensor is just behind the stearing wheel can some give a definative answer as to wich is wich and were they are i have fault 0816 and have been told this is the power stearing angel sensor I don't want to get and or remove the wrong sensor as there seems to be some refer to the pas sensor and some to the stering angel sensor there 100 s of threads all over the net but none wrap this up can any one give a full and definative answer based on working on this 0816 fault

As the Ross-tech site makes clear, there are 2 manufacturers of power assisted steering for the Fabia - TRW and KOYO. The location but not part number of the power-assisted steering sensor (G250) for both manufacturers is the same, namely in the power-steering gear valve housing. In the case of the TRW power steering assembly, the sensor may have an adaptor cable or a fixed connection line. Having read the whole of this thread, I really do think you have had all the advice you need.

As the Ross-tech site makes clear, there are 2 manufacturers of power assisted steering for the Fabia - TRW and KOYO. The location but not part number of the power-assisted steering sensor (G250) for both manufacturers is the same, namely in the power-steering gear valve housing. In the case of the TRW power steering assembly, the sensor may have an adaptor cable or a fixed connection line. Having read the whole of this thread, I really do think you have had all the advice you need.

In that case could u state were the g250 is

And how one is ment to tell wich system is on mine thanks

its exactly where i said it was mate. having worked on them since they were first sold in the uk i can tell you there is not a sensor on the column its on the rack stem. if you look thru from the drivers side you can even see it

The sensor (G250) is part number 6 (if fitted with adaptor cable) or part 10 (if fitted with fixed connecting line) in the first diagram, and part 6 in the second. Any clearer?

post-21-12643656575411_thumb.jpg

post-21-12643656951451_thumb.jpg

The sensor (G250) is part number 6 (if fitted with adaptor cable) or part 10 (if fitted with fixed connecting line) in the first diagram, and part 6 in the second. Any clearer?

thanks so much I can't thank u enuff this is just what I needed thanks big time and I think this diagram will be a big help to others as well you d man you the man could you tell me a little about how to tell if it's fixed or adaptor or will this be obveus to the untrained eye once I get at it (I was under her today to check for damged and brecks in the witeing) I'll sit down and digest these diagrams at lenght now and get my head round it also is there a good resoruse to find diagrams like this or is it a brivlage of your profesion or some thing like that and thanks again so much

Edited by chopperj

thanks so much I can't thank u enuff this is just what I needed thanks big time and I think this diagram will be a big help to others as well you d man you the man could you tell me a little about how to tell if it's fixed or adaptor or will this be obveus to the untrained eye once I get at it (I was under her today to check for damged and brecks in the witeing) I'll sit down and digest these diagrams at lenght now and get my head round it also is there a good resoruse to find diagrams like this or is it a brivlage of your profesion or some thing like that and thanks again so much

Ok after studying the diagrams a bit better I can tell it's the first type with the cabel adapter so I can guss that the too difrent brands of sensor are shown here would I be right in saying the best thing to do is to remove the sensor befor I go to buy the new to be sure to get the right one from skoda or will I be abell to tell buy looking for the brand on it when I take it out thanks

The link doesn't work. Does the missing picture show Diagram 17.32 on page 10.17 of the Haynes Manual?

yeah think so show d sensor behind the stearing wheel but no mention of one at the bottom of the stearing colum I'm hopeing to order the part on saterday so my plan is to use the chasey num and error code in skoda to try n be finely sure for give my confuseion I'm not great at this n just trying to be sure to be sure as we say in ireland

Just on this subject, my PAS has been on and off for over a year now - but it's leaning towards very rarely working these days. I have also noticed when turning my wheel the lights flicker quite noticeably. My battery is about 14 months old so I'm doubting it's that. Is it likely to be my sensor also?

On also, last week the Engine Management Light came on.....for one day and never came back. Might that be related?

Edited by jonboyuk

Yes I saw it mention that it was for traction control models but they don't talk about the other version at all is there any were elese in the manual about it or is if an over sight on there frunt

Haynes only shows the ESP/TCS sensor and completely misses out the more common sensor on the rack.

Just on this subject, my PAS has been on and off for over a year now - but it's leaning towards very rarely working these days. I have also noticed when turning my wheel the lights flicker quite noticeably. My battery is about 14 months old so I'm doubting it's that. Is it likely to be my sensor also? On also, last week the Engine Management Light came on.....for one day and never came back. Might that be related?

You would be better off posting a separate thread of your own rather than using this particular one for a reply.

• 4 months later...

This is true but to be honest I was still quite confused until you were able to show me the diagrams

what didyou do at the end to sort this problem i ahve the same problem of pas lights coming on and the lights flickering the scan shows same fault 00816.. please mrs is worried every time she takes the car out

• 3 years later...

It's simple, jack up the car and put it on stands or use ramps, undo the two bolts on the old sensor and undoing the wire round the chassis then pulling the new one through (PAS pump end is the smallest). It's possible on ramps or axle stands but a lot easier with a pit or garage lift. I think a guide still exists in the technical guides section but I could be mistaken, it's years since I looked.