uprating front door speakers in a FABIA

The oem speakers are a strange size so it's not really a bolt off bolt on job i'm afraid.

You can get adapter collars from people like autoleads though, which allow after market speakers to be installed, but be aware that your new speakers will need to be quite shallow as there isn't much space in the door.

Most speaker manufacturers seem to do special ranges of slim line speakers.

To remove the oem speakers mounting you'll need to drill out some rivets and then rivet in the replacement collar or use some short self tappers.

Some people use mdf rings instead of plastic collars for better sound but be aware that if you do this they'll need to be treated against water as the fabia lets a notable amount of water through the door when it rains and this can cause non treated wood to swell and split as well as just go quite manky.

When you do it be sure to buy some door trim clips from skoda first as these are weak and your guaranteed to break some. They cost pennies.

Rob.

Hi, i want up uprate my speakers in my fabia.

Has anyone done this and could give me some tips, also could they recommend any speakers for the car?

cheers ROB

Hi, try CDT speakers which are shallow. (Phone K&M in Wigan for info on 07809-22 12 86

K&M fitted a set of Rockford Fosgate components to my Fabia (which I had in my previous car.)

Was expensive, but more than worth it as the sound quality is excellent.

Don't forget to fit some sound-deadening strips (e.g. Dynamat) to the door panels while you are at it.

Bob.

Edited by BOBAD

I recently fitted some alpine front speakers that i picked up at halfords for 35 quid or something. had to shell out 15 on plastic adaptors too though. used the ones for a golf and the worked great, had to drill out the rivets on the original ones other than that pretty simple stuff. they sound great, much better than stock, obviously paired with a sub though.

• 4 weeks later...

I did a tutorial on this ages ago - received a PM today by someone asking for the pics which have been lost or something. Will try and dig it out (pics may be somethign else!

edit: here it is, minus the pics: http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/8314-fabia-vrs-front-door-speaker-change-how-to-with-pics/page__p__117775entry117775

Edited by tfboy