Skoda II audio upgrade

rukas

I will try to put all in pictures and some comments:

New speakers: Hertz Dieci series DSK 165 (sounds perfect from original Stream MP3)

Used vibration isolation for external panels and a little for internal.

Used noise isolation for all 4 doors and some in back. For Trunk isolation used a little bit different noise isolation.

th_21287183.jpg

21287183.jpg

93855233.jpg

89587773.jpg

99672811.jpg

34744337.jpg

56227726.jpg

81598818.jpg

44783557.jpg

91497703.jpg

42160510.jpg

43573248.jpg

13071609.jpg

44596725.jpg

25391955.jpg

18951370.jpg

34143309.jpg

Sounds much better and less noise from outside.

If any question please ask.

Edited by rukas

• 8 months later...

Excellent job there and great piccies to boot!

Could I ask? How would you rate the Hertz DSK speakers? I'm really drawn to them after reading quite a lot of positives. Would you choose them again? Have you put an amp in to drive them or is the head unit fine?

What sound deadening material did you use? How much did you need for the doors? and was it worth doing?

I'm very close to carrying out the same job (same speakers!) on my car and thought I'd ask you thoughts :) Thanks Rukas

PS Sorry for so many questions, I just thought I'd check with a real person rather than a sales guy/ advertising blurb.

Edited by RedBlueGreen

Excellent job there and great piccies to boot!

Could I ask? How would you rate the Hertz DSK speakers? I'm really drawn to them after reading quite a lot of positives. Would you choose them again? Have you put an amp in to drive them or is the head unit fine?

What sound deadening material did you use? How much did you need for the doors? and was it worth doing?

I'm very close to carrying out the same job (same speakers!) on my car and thought I'd ask you thoughts :) Thanks Rukas

PS Sorry for so many questions, I just thought I'd check with a real person rather than a sales guy/ advertising blurb.

This is already second car where I have installed Hertz. And second time satisfaction. The price and quality is the best what I have found and tried in this price category.

For sound deadening I have used material from store which use it for air conditioner in buildings. Used something about 1,5 -2 m2 for 4 doors.

I paid for all material used for installation 50EUR. This is really small amount of money and quality what I get.

• 2 months later...

If possible, I'd like to know how you removed the door card?? Are you able to write up a procedure you used??

I want to sound deaden my doors and am a bit unsure the best way to remove the door cards, so any help will be greatly appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

If possible, I'd like to know how you removed the door card?? Are you able to write up a procedure you used??

I want to sound deaden my doors and am a bit unsure the best way to remove the door cards, so any help will be greatly appreciated

If we are talking about front drivers doors.

At first you have to remove dash with knobs. It is simple pushing up. Better to be warm, because plastic is very sensitive in Skoda. Under you will find screws.

Not for sure but as remember there are screw under the hight frequency speaker. Grill is removed simply taking it out with plastic remover or knife of simple screwdriver.

After that you will have to take the trim out. Trim holds only on plastic holders. (I have broken couple).

Hope this helps.