Rear washer not working?

ap0gee1978

• 2 years later...

Chances are, a connector will have popped off in one of the four following locations:

http://briskoda.net/...ost__p__1150674

HTH

Thanks Ap0gee,

Just fixed mine. It had come off at the bulkhead (behind the air filter).

A great post on a brilliant site!!

Thanks again!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the help.

I have not had my rear washer jet working for a few months and when I investigated it appeared to be leaking from my front nearside wing area, not actually needing it I have kept putting off the job.

I was originally told that I would have to take the wheel off and remove the inner wheel arch to access it, not the case as I now realise, took me all of 5 minutes to check there, unfortunately this was not where the leak was coming from, only near to where the water was runnung down too.

The next bit took me about 15 minutes, using the guide I discovered that the material on the bulkhead behind the air filter was wet, so I felt round till I found a free floating pipe, which I propped against another pipe and then tried the washers, and yes this was were the water was coming from.

It took me a while to discover the part it connected to, which was a little further back and went into the bulkhead, I managed to get my left arm down between, lost the pipe a couple of times, but finally pushed it together, which initially seemed a bit loose, so I pushed a little harder and felt it click.

I then tested it and smiled, it is now working, knowing where this is now means I could check and reconnect it in less than a minute if it goes in the same place again, but knowing where too look first was 90% of the battle, thanks again to a great guide.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...
  • ColinD unpinned this topic