How To: Remove / Delete SAI , N249 and N112

Bowders1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really need to get rid of the secondary air pump as I've had the light on for a while and thought its about time I pulled the finger out(if you know what I mean) could really do with the pictures.

Cheers in advance boys and girls, Big Lee

pics pleeeeeeeease

Hi Guys sorry getting my PC hard drive data recovered to try and re claim pics, after i accidently deleted them from my pc as I had them on photobucket. Guess what I was tiding up folder on photobucket and accidently deleted the top parent folder, arghhhhhh. As photobucket does not support recovery not very happy. :S

Rebuild 400 pics so far this is the hard one, bare with me.

• 1 month later...

not being funny, but if fitting a resistor does not prevent a CEL being thrown, why bother fit it?

Fitting a resistor doe's seem to fix some peoples, thats why.......

Also fitting the resistor is not just for the SAI it is for the other items removed that have yet to through a cell. For some reason the SAI is hit and Miss.

hurry up mark lol, I wanna do this soon and need your awesome pic skilz

Hi Billy currenty resting after hospital op on knee so may get time to work on over the net few days

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi and sorry to drag this topic back up,

I have a few questions regarding this removal as i dont fully understand what it does,

1. Can someone please explain is this for the octavia vrs pertol

2. what benifits will this have

3. is this only for remapped cars

4. wont removing th n249 valve ruin my turbo due to over boost, if that is what the n249 does.

5. Exactally what parts will i need to complate the job

I have seen a lot of different posts on here, but i am not sure which is best, and not sure what parts to get if i can do this on my Octavia Vrs.

Cheers

Drew

Someone with a better understanding for all this will be along shortly to correct me but

1. Yes it is for the 1.8t Petrol

2. The main reason most people do it is to tidy up the engine bay. but it also decreases the chances of vacuum leaks

3. No it can be used on non remapped cars too.

4. The N249 system allows the ECU to open the diverter valve if it wants to. The DV is a mechanical system that does the same job, and removing it can smooth out the power delivery, as well as tidying up the engine bay and removing a few more air pipes. (explanation courtesy of Rob's website)

5. I recently did this myself and upgraded some boost pipes too this was my list (I had an Oil catch can fitted already)

- SAI Forge Blanking Plate

- 10w 330OHM Resistors x4

- 2 metre of 10mm hose (CMS)

- 2 metre of 4mm hose (CMS)

- Vacuum Caps

- Coolant

- Throttle to intercooler pipe with Cold side DV (CMS)

- Pancake to intercooler (CMS Pipe)

- N75 Pipe (CMS Pipe)

- Diverter valve to inlet (CMS Pipe)

- Turbo outlet (CMS pipe)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Right folks, I have painfully restored this DIY thread.

Took me many hours and weekends to finally build it back up. All my photos were lost so I have had to search the WWW to get as close to same pics from other VAG cars and match to my comments. phew was tough.........

Hope it was worth it........enjoy....

• Like 1

Very useful thank you for the effort.

Pedantic note, the 'EGR' valve is not an EGR valve, it's just an inlet for the secondary air. These engines don't run EGR, it may cause some confusion.

(why did I imagine myself saying that in the voice of Sheldon from Big Bang Theory, need to watch something else).

Very useful thank you for the effort.

Pedantic note, the 'EGR' valve is not an EGR valve, it's just an inlet for the secondary air. These engines don't run EGR, it may cause some confusion.

(why did I imagine myself saying that in the voice of Sheldon from Big Bang Theory, need to watch something else).

HaHa, i get you on that.

No worries, you are correct I was quite tired when loaded the changes and will correct the guide.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Good write up, but a couple of quick questions to put my mind at rest before embarking on it this weekend (had the bits for over a year!):

1. Do you need 3 or 4 resistors for just the N112 and N249 removal? Both have been mentioned in responses to questions and 4 were pictured.

2. Is there an o-ring or anything on the coolant pipe bracket that might be worth replacing? Wouldn't want to end up with a leak!

Thanks, Rob.

Good write up, but a couple of quick questions to put my mind at rest before embarking on it this weekend (had the bits for over a year!):

1. Do you need 3 or 4 resistors for just the N112 and N249 removal? Both have been mentioned in responses to questions and 4 were pictured.

2. Is there an o-ring or anything on the coolant pipe bracket that might be worth replacing? Wouldn't want to end up with a leak!

Thanks, Rob.

3 resistors only buddy

Yes there is a "O" ring and that should come with a new bracket if replacing and tbh I would replace it as it is known to crack and split.