HELP ! 1.2 12v engine problem

Dear All ,

I have Fabia Sedan 1.2 V12 2004 and it has been running for 92000 KM (57000 Miles)

I purchased the car brand new from the dealer 5 years ago and since then it suffers this serious problem occasionaly:

When I start the engine it starts to tremble and the RPM will refuse to cross 2000 even when maximum throttling , it seems that one of the 3 cylinders is not getting fuel

it is useless to restart the engine or wait for it to warm up , the problem will be over after an unspecified period of time and the car wil run again normaly

sometimes I lift the engine cover and hit injectors slightly and the problem is solved but not always

The amazing thing is that this problem follows no time pattern it happens once a year or once a month or twice a week , but sometimes it causes major embarrasment if I'm outside town or with other people

I took the car many times to service but the diagnosis computer shows no faults , injectors are periodicaly cleaned , fuel filter regularly replaced at the authorized workshops

at the workshop they suggested that the problem maybe within the car computer , but I doubt it , and most 1.2 v12 Fabias suffer the same problem

So any information from you guys could be of great importance .... thanks in advance

I was going suggest, changing your fuel filter but see you have all ready do that...

what about your plugs... have you took them out and had a look at them lately?.. or one of your coil packs could be dodgy, or you may be buying inferior fuel from somewhere ( unwittingly)

I was going suggest, changing your fuel filter but see you have all ready do that...

what about your plugs... have you took them out and had a look at them lately?.. or one of your coil packs could be dodgy, or you may be buying inferior fuel from somewhere ( unwittingly)

Thanx i'm at the workshop they are changing the 3 coil packs plus one of the injectors (for about 300 usd) but they say if the problem persists they will have to deal with cylinders and will cost me a fortune

If it's not coil packs/plugs/injectors, could be a stretched chain cam is causing a misfire, could be piston rings. The cylinder head will have to come off to find out what the issue is.

Didn't know Skoda made a V12 engine :giggle:

I guess he means a 12v (12 valve not 12 cylinders in a V). Having said that the 3 cylinder engine does sound like a V6 or V12 when you rev it.

P.S. Sorry I can't help you with your engine problem.

I guess he means a 12v (12 valve not 12 cylinders in a V). Having said that the 3 cylinder engine does sound like a V6 or V12 when you rev it.

P.S. Sorry I can't help you with your engine problem.

Oh yes it is 12v (12 valve) I wish it was a V12 !

They checked the compression it is OK , the car is working fine now but if the problem occured again I guess I will have to check the cylinder heads

thank you guys for the help