BTCC

vrstony

Honda apparently always handles best so has lower boost as standard. 

Subaru had their boost cut as soon as they started winning again.

BMW claim to have no top end speed at Rockingham due to lack of boost.

If you're a works team with money to spend on making cars faster, it looks like Alan Gow just pegs you all back to give the privateers a chance and keep them on the grid. It's a dictatorship run purely for "The Show", just like NASCAR, I mean, the Eurotech Honda was quicker than any of the Dynamics ones this week. Go figure?

TCR is coming to the UK, both cheaper and faster - BTCC teams are looking at parallel programs already.

It draws 40 car grids in only its second year in Germany, and those cars are eligible for the international series as well.

BTCC could get killed off in its current NGTC format in a couple of years.

Edited by camelspyyder

Depending how many points flash can gain at silverstone. I think it's between ash and turks. Flash will have to score 9 points a race over ash to win the championship. He will be third heaviest weight for qually so has to have a huge lap and out  score them The first race to have any chance.  Turks hasn't got a helpful team mate as collard will be all out for his slim title hopes. We see ash Sutton qualify well and he will have Plato or even Cole to help him. Flash needs to be within 25 points going To brands hatch. But as we know it's the Btcc and anything can happen.  As long as it goes to the last race with two in with a shout I will be happy :-) 

I agree with @Thomson analysis, with the note that I think that which Silverstone layout is used may have an effect (memory says "International" but could be wrong).

Ash can probably outdrive James Cole any day, and live with JP, who might help (will certainly try and give Ash a lead lap point of chance presents).

Colin is probably the quickest of the BMW drivers over a weekend, but I'm not sure how co-operative the other 2 will be.

Flash can certainly depend on Gloss to help as far as possible, but how often have both Dynamics drivers had an entire good weekend on the same weekend this year?

The Silverstone layout is the National one which doesn't favour the cars with low boost / poor top speed, although Flash managed a miraculous reverse grid win there last year.

Alan Gow will probably sort the speed problems out beforehand for his preferred contenders and keep the title fight open to Brands (which is actually what we all want even if mucking about with the rules every week is crass).

Edited by camelspyyder

Went to watch the racing at Rockingham (**** track for spectators tbh), my first trip to watch it. Few snaps

VH8ONH5.jpg

E0JkMjB.jpg

v9awSTB.jpg

They sound fantastic, although I was shocked the doctor Porsche SUV thing done the full first lap with the cars and wasnt that far behind :D

I was willing Turks on the whole day but Ash was one step ahead all the time. Hopefully be a good final showdown, might go BH if it's still open. 

Edited by matt1chelski
  • Like 2

1.  Rockingham. I think the best view at the Rock is up the top of the stands no?  See the whole oval and infield from there?

2.  Silverstone.  It's defo the "now named" Wellington straight that cuts back from Maggots to Brooklands (as it did on the the old Triangle course pre -1991)

3. It's Shedden or Neal that hits the Focus!  Collard is innocently 2 cars further back.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, camelspyyder said:

1.  Rockingham. I think the best view at the Rock is up the top of the stands no?  See the whole oval and infield from there?

Yeah, in fairness it was better up there than anywhere else, it was just a bit far away from any real action. The hairpin at the end of the bank would have been a nice spot to see some overtaking. I think it'd be a different experience at a traditional track setup, but as I said this is my first race visit. 

I agree with @camelspyyder ; There is no such thing as a "good trackside view" at Silverstone, but the Paddock Hill grandstand at Brands shows you nearly the entire Indy circuit (you miss the apex of Druids) and as much as you'll get of the GP circuit from a single vantage point.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Down to two now. How does everybody think brands will pan out? How will they qualify?

Will Sutton and Turks get a hand off teammates? 

If it does I see Turks having collard and aj around him more than Sutton has jp round him. 

Think it's going to be close and I can't really pick a winner but although Turks has the last day experience etc. I think Sutton will win it. Drove great all year. Carries the weight really well. And never gives up.  

Sutton and by two points. :-) 

Even as a Turks fan I thought the penalty on Sutton was harsh, but it's all balanced out after him (Turks) getting spun and then stuck in the road block. 

Going forwards, I dunno, I dont reckon the team-mates will play that much of a part, none of them have been around much the past couple of races. I think it's going to be too much of an ask for Colin to pull > 10 points on Ash if I'm honest, the guy is very impressive and seems to remain super calm the whole time no matter what the situation. 

Turks is a great driver in my book, and he did drive Sutton off the road at  Brooklands - which is OK whichever of them came out in front.

But what was completely cr4p was that Ash got penalised for being on the receiving end of the shove.

It was hardly taking out the top 3 at the Grand Prix was it? (and none of them got a penalty)

The stewards work for Alan Gow do they?

The BMW getting shuffled to the back in race 3 was just Karma.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, camelspyyder said:

Turks is a great driver in my book, and he did drive Sutton off the road at  Brooklands - which is OK whichever of them came out in front.

Yeah that was pretty much my thoughts, as much as I was cursing when Ash got past, I didn't think there was anything wrong with the move, it got a bit elbows out but that's how it goes in touring cars. In fact, I thought both of them were very fair and respectful to each other, I've seen far worse go unpunished before now. 

Well it's went down to the last race off the season.  I think maybe Turks move on Moffat was a bit push to pass. See how or if it gets delt with? 

Sould be really close and good there starting two places apart.  :-).