BTCC

vrstony

Yeah I did! It's was right down the bumper.  

I was abit gutted it was over so quick Within a lap.  I think it would off been very interesting if turkington had gotten past Jackson.  

Well done one on ash tho he has carried the weight well, qualified well. Raced well.  Deserved champion. I think the likes off Neal and Plato could be past it and we're starting to see the new young guns such as Sutton, goff Ingram. 

I'm gutted for Colin but Ash is a worthy winner and a real talent. I like how humble and down to earth he is, seems a decent bloke. Just had a quick look at the overall results, they both had a couple of retirements each so it was overall pretty close. Also, looking at the table, Collard was only 55 points behind Ingram in 3rd, considering he missed the last 6 races after that big old shunt he could have been pretty close to 3rd by the end, life in the old dog yet. 

Going forwards, I dunno what the plans are. The boost and engine power thing needs sorting, it's tainted it a bit for me knowing they keep moving the goal posts. Give them all set limits, power, boost or whatever and let them make the best they can of it. With the ballast setup, I cant imagine anyone dominating like can happen in F1. 

• 2 weeks later...

just watched brands. Turks very dirty move to win race 2 was way worse than the one Sutton was wrongly punished for at Silverstone. Don't like Matt Neal style racing. The better man won the title for sure.

Re the future, hopefully the much more affordable and internationally relevant TCR will take over before too long, and hopefully Alan Gow and his stewards will get put out to grass.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Thanks 2

On 10/14/2017 at 18:40, camelspyyder said:

just watched brands. Turks very dirty move to win race 2 was way worse

That was just a ram; no way could you even claim a misjudgement of braking distance or line.

On 10/14/2017 at 18:40, camelspyyder said:

than the one Sutton was wrongly punished for at Silverstone.

I still haven't seen anything, even cell footage, of that that's not side on which makes it impossible for us to tell either way.

Still well pleased to see Ash getting the Jack Sears trophy and then the main title in successive years.

• Like 1

The way I saw it Sutton was punished for taking Turkington out by going off track and then hitting him at the inside of the next corner.

However it was Turkington who ran him off the track in the first place when he got alongside at the previous corner, Brooklands. Once off track he couldn't brake and the next contact was inevitable.

I thought it a "racing incident" and neither was completely blame-free. The sending to the back of the next race grid was a draconian punishment for a 50-50 incident.

A typical Alan Gow move to influence "his" championship.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, camelspyyder said:

Huffy and Chilton qualify 1-3 at the Macau WTCC.  Checking the TV schedules now...

Race 1 - 6 am saturday am Eurosport 2 HD  

Race 2 - 2:30 am Sunday Eurosport 1 HD

• Thanks 1

Waddya Know?

Huff's Leopard Racing Golf is on pole for the International TCR finale in Dubai as well (Driven by "Flash" Shedden since Huffys 1000s of miles away in Macau).

Edited by camelspyyder

Odd first race in Macau, crash completely blocked the track, quite funny.

Hoping for Polestar to maintain its lead and Bjork to win the championship this year.

Do know how splits time between music and racing.....

Rob Huff won the main race at Macau, and with 9 wins on the circuit is now the all-time top man there - having previously been tied on 8 with Michael Rutter who has - WOW - 8 wins at Macau on 2 wheels!! Awesome.

RIP Daniel Hegarty

Edited by camelspyyder

8 hours ago, camelspyyder said:

Rob Huff won the main race at Macau, and with 9 wins on the circuit is now the all-time top man there - having previously been tied on 8 with Michael Rutter who has - WOW - 8 wins at Macau on 2 wheels!! Awesome.

RIP Daniel Hegarty

Well done Huffy.  

I do wonder how much Lopez was offered to go to formula-e compared to how much he was getting in WTCC.   He was something special in WTCC.  

Rutter a hero of mine as was his dad Tony.

WTCC almost sure to run TCR regs next year!

Rob Huff thinks cost per car will be about a third.

If it happens BTCC surely wont last long with the current cars.

Any team that builds TCR cars instead of NGTC can race anywhere in the world their sponsors want.

Edited by camelspyyder

• 2 weeks later...

One of the better Chinese car brands I think.

Another touring car series where the woks assisted Hondas were expected to win and didn't, although their lead drivers injury did pretty much gift it to the blue team.

• 1 month later...

I suspect his guest appearance for Leopard Racing in TCR has gained him a well paid seat in WTCR next year.  Theres more money there which is why Rob Huff said he wont be back in BTCC full time.

Edited by camelspyyder

• 3 weeks later...