Volkswagen RNS 510 Beta Firmware version 2760 / 2762 / 2764 / 2766 / 2768

Beta 2760 of the RNS 510 Firmware

firmwareupdate276010sma.jpg

Description:

Please note: this is Firmware that has neither been approved of nor been authorized in any other way by Volkswagen.

Most likely this Firmware will only be introduced/released for devices with Index "C" or internal Hardware-generation C6 if at all. There is a good chance it will never be released too.

An installation carries an enormous risk. Do so if you know how to fix your unit in case you got it bricked. It should only be used on C-Devices and can be used on B-Devices.

People with units indexed "A" or without any index should by any means avoid installing this firmware.

Columbus Users (Skoda, right):

Reading this forum i have learned that some files in the Firmware are different for Skoda in some cases, needing some modifications. I am not entirely sure about the details here.

Check with the 2680-thread, it has some info there on that matter. I am not sure if this Firmware can be installed on the columbus "as is"! Make sure to double check before moving on from here! Don't say i didn't warn you!

New functions have not been introduced so far known today. It merely is a bug fix to the older 2660.

Since this CD comes in the "Update" layout a re-coding of your units after installation will not be required, a loss of data might only occur if you upgrade from below 1100, if you go from anything newer the data in the device will not be erased.

I have tested this Disk without changing it, just the way i got it. The Hidden Menue (a.k.a TestMode) is already activated. It doesn't need to be coded by means of VCDS.

Since my car sat in the Carport while the update was running it took a while to get a satellite-fix afterwards, but apart from that it runs very well and to my full satisfaction. Well done, Continental!

Good luck and have fun with this guys!

this is the Version.txt of the CD:

--------------------------------------------

Software Loading CD for CP2 based units

© CONTINENTAL Wetzlar

CdTreeBuilder version 3.06 is used.

--------------------------------------------

#CD:P 0 0 4 . 8 7 5 . 3 0 1

#DATE:2010-01-27

#Project: VWRNS

#Author: RoNe

#Steckbrief: C_EU_9.242_t520 C6

#CommentStart:

This is a SWL CD for VW delivery.

#CommentEnd:

#Integrationphase: Delivery cw45/09 C6-samples

#VwSwPartNumber:1T0035680C/1T0035680C/7L6035680C/3T0035680A/7F0035680/7E0035680

#VwSwIndex:2760/2766/2762/2768/2764

#AppsBuild:C_EU_9.242_t520 C6

#CRC16:db1d

the Checksums for the CD: (Checksum-Tool available

HERE)

CRC32: DF09E8E5

MD5: F94106641E6693DEE3A8697C69F6E43F

SHA-1: 7B7EC5382F9872D93712922ABEFA2D1743E5A195

• Format: ISO
  • Plattform: RNS510 (VW Navi)
  • Language: Multi
  • Host: Rapidshare
  • Packed size: ~ 330 MB
  • Unpacked size: 459 MB
  • Password: no Password

Links protected by Linksave. Containers and CNL also available.

6324577414be1691118b29-t.png

Edited by Sowhat?

Sowhat? Whilst the idea of putting links to firmware updates may be all well & good, I somehow question the wisdom of putting a link to "Beta" software/firmware which could quite easily damage someone's very expensive Columbus unit.

I know that you've put a warning on here about it, but not everyone reads or heeds the warnings. Would it not be best NOT to advertise the availability of this "Beta" update, until such time as it either becomes official or a proper update becomes available.

Because as it stands at the moment, I can foresee a multitude of threads appearing asking for help in reviving bricked Columbus units.

Mate, you are probably right.

Let me just state this: i have been following the 2680 Thread for a while now and i considered it being a nice move to provide one of the more stable follow-ups to this. While the 2700 and 2720 where not as stable and caused some problems, this one is expected to be a little more "fixed". Although it might also never reach publishing (there is rumours about a 2800 being readied just now) it still is quite an advancement towards the 2660 and 2680, which had quite some nasty bugs. In this one, the RVC bug can be considered fixed. Further, it runs a lot smoother, some speed-advancements are there too. Also apparently it will not install on generation "A" units anymore. Also not on units without any index. So the most vulnerable units are protected.

Also, the 2680 was/ is considered a Beta and has (apparently) never reached VW, it came straight from Continental like this one and was as such not considered for release by VW at all as far as i have heard. So since that firmware was welcomed here i thought it being quite ok to put this one up now.

But if anyone of the Briskoda Team thinks this is not right i will absolutely take this post down. No worries with that.

Thank you for your concerns Evening Star.

I will contact the Team and ask for their opinion on this.

cheers mate for adding the modified version.

didn't know what to change or where to look and way to lazy after 14 hours of work. still, the thread is a little questionable here. awaiting some comments from a mod.

could you be bothered tho to share your wisdom? i'd be interested in finding out what needs be changed for skoda exactly, but too lazy to go searching and do lots of reading. is it a lot of stuff? if not asked too much, do u mind putting it down here nicely so peeps like me have it all in one place? or did u snatch the ready-made disk somewhere else yourself?

cheers

Look in the 2664 thread... it's all in there! :thumbup:

will do, not today, maybe tomorrow, maybe not. tired. bedtime. once i got the info in me brains i'll add it here to the first post meself then. think its a good thing to have with that cd. cheers anyways mate.

@Evening Star

I had another more detailed search through the forum. As it turns out, all so called "releases" following the 2660 are available and heavily discussed here. Again I now wonder whether you know that all these versions are Beta or not? The only officially available and finalized 2xxx Firmware is the 2660, which is only meant for generation "C6" units - since it has been installed to pre-c6 units in most cases it can be considered a wrong thing in some way too though. VW didn't want that one to get spread all over the place either. It was meant for cars manufactured from calender week 45 2009 onwards.

So now i wonder again, did you warn all these other posters too? or just me because i am obviously new here? or did u just not realize that all this 2xxx Firmware is not legit? Don't get me wrong, but it's just that your comment keeps making less and less sense the more i think it over.

Also your point of people coming back asking for help with bricked units makes no sense at all because this place has had it all already. the one firmware more will not do much change on that then either, will it?

Edited by Sowhat?

• 2 weeks later...

I J the mod! :giggle: :p

...anyone wanting 2760 with Maxidot/MFSW fix & Testmode enabled??

pre-FL Octavia ONLY >> clicky << :thumbup:

Does someone know the password?

Thanks

Luca

That truly is funny :rofl:

we could start guessing now why people are too shy to ask or even if they are shy at all rather then dumb or whatever :giggle:

Edited by Sowhat?

Hi

I installed this one on my RNS 510, 3T0035680A. I have a 2007 Octavia II. I installed a new CAN gateway as well to avoid any problems with power draining, which have been discussed around forums when installing newer firmwares on older cars.

I swapped sk/pq-tables to fix buttons on my mf-steering, but only the volume buttons work. I came straight from 904, and it worked fine there.

Now I wonder wether it is the newer gateway (...AA), or if it is something with the firmware that is the problem. Any suggestions, anyone?

I might try to put back the old gateway to test it out, but I'd hate to be out of power in the morning when I need my car for work...

Can I take PQ/SK-files from the old firmware and put them on the 2764 disc?

I really like this firmware, though. SDHC-support, and my kufatec rearview camera solution now works flawlessly. Don't have to put it in reverse twice to get picture :)

The files were already swapped on the link I put up in #4... if that's what you downloaded & then swapped the files around, you undid the MFSW/Maxidot fix.

Hehe. That would have been embarrassing :).

No, I got this image from another forum a while back, and it was not modified. I have also tried it without the file-swapping, but then no buttons work.

Edited by ronaldb

• 3 weeks later...

It should be, but for the peace of sake, please post your full current software version, like the picture in the first post. - It can be accessed through the Testmode menu.

Upgrade from 0904 to 2760 worked without a hitch in 50 minutes. Used Simbo's pre-FL installation from #4, thanks for your effort here!

Some breathtakingly long periods of no visible change, especially 'apps' and 'radio' update stages. waiting.gif

HDD music remained as did radio presets and maxidot navigation.

What didn't work;

No MFSW which was my main motivation for the upgrade.

No test mode access, but now I know the firmware and map versions.

No speed indication (went for a drive where I know Tomtom has speed indication and they use the same Australian map source)

As warned for versions prior to 1100 (mine was 0904), map library was deleted. Update; NOT SURE THIS IS TRUE NOW, the Gps location was still Northern Hemisphere. Maybe the system just needed more time to find itself.

I have the latest Australian/New Zealand map release from VW on disk. How do I install this? When I eject the disk from the Columbus it is recognised as a navigation disk but no other dialogue. Update; Inserted map disk, rebooted device, selected map display; watched gps location change from 'Columbus home' in northern hemisphere to my location (5 minutes). I ejected map disk. All normal again.

12 hours later, my car started without any problem, assumption, no CAN gateway battery drain problem, phew emoticon-0110-tongueout.gif

I have pictures of the firmware upgrade but there are already plenty available.

NEXT - a microphone to make use of the voice control feature.

Edited by michaelp

• 1 month later...

I J the mod! :giggle: :p

...anyone wanting 2760 with Maxidot/MFSW fix & Testmode enabled??

pre-FL Octavia ONLY >> clicky << :thumbup:

Simbo

What is the difference between this link and the one in the "latest Fw For Rns510/Columbus 2680/2686/2682/2688/2684"?

one is called MFSW+Testmode2760_PreFL_Octavia_Maxidot_MFSW_..rar

and the other: 2760_PreFL_Octavia_Maxidot_MFSW_..rar

Mike

PS I have a very old gateway. Will this drain my battery? like E or similar.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just got my Skoda Octavia RS (MY10 - FL) - DSG (so with Maxidot). I've installed a Columbus unit purchased locally, and everything is working fine. The unit has a sticker saying 1Z0035680A (but in the testmode, the software shows 3T0 035 680 A and SW Version 2684 and CD_EU_9.242_t400.

Could someone please clarify if I can upgrade to FW 2764 using the link posted by Sowhat? or should I go for the older one (pre-FL) posted by Simbo? Alternately what is the latest FW for version 'A' Skoda Columbus units, and where can I get this from?

Thanks in advance.

Latest firmware for A Version units is 1300 (don't be fooled by numbers)

You can load 2764 on yours just make sure you load the correct one. Im pretty sure you will need the newer one posted by SoWhat as your car is a MY2010.

You can get the latest firmware from here

Firmware Clicky

But you need to be a member to download

• 5 weeks later...

back again after a while...

folks, i've had my hands on the 2800 for a while now and all i can say is it sucks. some folks report good performance but in my case, it failed badly with blanked out screens, load and shutdown errors all the time.

The best option for most people with older units (e.g. 2008 like mine) is indeed the 2760, which seems to run fairly well or even perfect for most people. I've also heard that the 2800 was stopped by the developers soon after its leak because it has a number of problems.

so whenever there shall be a 2800 link turn up here it has to be consumed with care since it might give ur unit major headaches...

just to let u kno folks...

Also i wanted to say this: Rapidshare decided to kill my premium account an deny all access to my files. all links posted by me here are still alive but might die down soon. I have no capacity for uploading to a new host at the moment so enjoy the files as long as they are alive. once down i might not be able to put them back on.

and oh yes before i forget: i do not earn any points or credits or whatever with these files, just in case u think i am after some RS Points. there aren't such points anymore anyway. RS replaced their old system now with one without rewards for uploads.

The best option for most people with older units (e.g. 2008 like mine) is indeed the 2760, which seems to run fairly well or even perfect for most people.

I concur, my FW2760 setup is running beautifully.

Edited by michaelp