Octavia MPG lets see which diesel is best

I know the computer may be slightly out, but I always get at least 55 mpg out of my 2.0 pd. I've had 70 mpg really trying! Also 65 mpg with 4 adults and 4 dogs in the back (It's an estate) coming back the 150 miles from the lake District. I'm a retired Police advanced driver tho' and know how to drive.It does 130 on my friend's private runway as well.

post your octavia diesel mpg here for 1.6cr 2.0cr 19PD and 2.0PD lets see which one is best in the real world

1.6 CR - 54mpg average from new - about 25,000 miles mainly motorway. As I've mentioned in other threads, this is accurately measured, not from the maxi-dot.

PD1.9 Fuel consumption emoticon-0100-smile.gif

City 6.1lt/100km ; 46.3mpg (>4000km, average speed 40km/h) calculated brim to brim

Country 4.9lt/100km ; 57.7mpg (>2000km, average speed 100km/h, 4 pob) calculated brim to brim, >1000km/55lt tank of fuel.

Best 4lt/100km ; 70.6mpg (over 90 km @ 80 km/h, aircon off) maxidot

Observation - Aircon off reduces consumption by around 0.5lt/100km.

Edited by michaelp

Without doing any accurate sums and based purely on my trip computer. My Monday morning commute of M-Ways, single and dual carriage ways and 5-6 miles of queuing traffic

sees the average MPG sitting around 53MPG over the 150 mile trip.

Another trip from Glasgow to Southampton with four up plus a couple of cases saw 57MPG on arrival.

2.0 PD140.

pd engine vrs only 42mpg, only had 10 days, trying it out whilst having imense fun..........

Edited by studmuffin

getting about 50mpg on the daily commute, but expecting at least 60mpg on my trip to france next week. 1.9 tdi with a bit o' tweakin :)

Same here - getting ~49mpg average brim to brim from my 1.9TDI and it's not even properly run in yet at only ~3000 miles.

2.0 CR vRS Estate, 7000 miles

46MPG (calculated, not maxi-dot)........ OK, for those that want the real figure it came out at 45.5MPG, and I just rounded it up!

Mix of town, and motorway (over a 15 mile run).

On a proper run (not silly stop start town traffic, 70mph on the motorway for a couple of hundred miles), I have got quite a bit over 50MPG.

No complaints here as for a car like this (fast and largeish), I'm happy with anything over 40MPG.

Probably approx 45mpg overall(pd 140 dsg L&K.).I do a regular commute to London's west end;about 12 miles,which shows between 30-40mpg.Mway stuff between 40-45.Hoping to improve on these numbers as the donkey loosens up;presently at 12,500m.

2005 Octavia 2.0 140 PD Elegance hatch with DSG :

Average MPG to date = 52

Best MPG = 68 *

Worst MPG = 39.8 *

* According to Maxi-dot

Note that the worst MPG was after sitting in standstill traffic for 3hrs! Really impressed with every aspect of this car :thumbup:

It would be interesting to see how much the economy of the manual differs from DSG.

Best 50mpg

Worst 47mpg

Usually somewhere about 48mpg

Far removed from the official mpg but better than my old 100ps PD Passat with a 5 speed transmission.

Edited by gregoir

As per my signature for a 140pd with DSG and Shark remap.

A boot load of tools and spares at all time equivalent in weight to 3 adults in the back!

Since January 2010 when I bought it.

Tom

Edited by topcat2006

As per my signature for a 140pd with DSG and Shark remap.

A boot load of tools and spares at all time equivalent in weight to 3 adults in the back!

Since January 2010 when I bought it.

Tom

And for those of us who browse the forums without signatures enabled, the figure is?

• Like 1

Virtually all motorway on daily commute of 96 miles each way less maybe 10 miles local roads

Tank on tank analysis, 49mpg rounded down slightly

Speeds of 80mph stuck on cruise in morning mostly uphill on M1 to Luton (Computer reads around 50mpg)

Going home a lot better downhill (computer reads 60+mpg)

I think my mpg is looking better than it should due to the M1 roadworks J13 (Milton Keynes) to J10 (Luton) 50MPH limit

2005 1.9 PD TDI 105 BHP Elegance Hatch.

On a motorway run,reaching 197 km/h and with the a/c on,no lugagge and just me in the car it averaged 40.1 mpg as on the maxidot which I reckon is good enough.With € 40.00 , 32.52 litres of diesel, tank nearly full, I crossed from Messina to Pozzallo ( Sicily ) and still had half a tank left whereas my friend with the same amount of fuel in his Fabia 1.2 managed to arrive with just 10km to stop ( showing on the maxidot ) left of fuel in the tank.With a lighter right foot it averages 45 to 50 mpg or even more ...