Skoda Auto Deutschland

The Plumber

Noticed today that Skoda Germany are offering an off road event for their Yeti owners amongst other driving safety related events

My link

My link

They also provide useful service information including a PDF on the correct tyre sizes for summer and winter for each Skoda model

My link

My link

Here in the UK the home of endless Heath & Safety legislation we get this from our importer Driving happiness :wonder:

My link

Really does highlight how poor SUK are and how little they care about owners and road safety; still to get their heads round the idea that 17" alloys are only any good for impressing in a Milton Keynes car park, whereas ESP saves lives :S

TP

That looks like a cracking series of events! I'm sure that there would be a market for them here if organised properly. Just can't see SUK doing it.

Andy

Edited by AndyC

Yes, would it not have been amazing if SUK just sent me an email once a month telling me what is happening with the build of my car? OR even better an email stating where the next SUK Yeti static roadshow displays will be OR heaven forbid where the next official off road event will be! Or just that "you know dear potential new happy driver, we are sponsoring this and and that and you might see some Yeti pace/support cars there. Here is a free ticket to the event".

SUK seems to think giving free coffee at a dealer and a smile when you take your car in for a service is all that constitutes them making "Happy Drivers". How wrong they are.

Can we find a little balance here, please.

SUK is being "knocked" for not giving the buyers of Yeti 4x4's an "off road experience". Fine, but check out the competition. The ONLY 4x4 manufacturer that I can find that does SOMETIMES offer this to buyers is Land Rover, at the several Land Rover Experience Centres, and more often than not that is dependent on the Dealer's. I know, having been twice, that most days at LRE are actually given to POTENTIAL new owners, and that in fact very few buyers of LR's actually take up the free offer.

Certainly Kia, Suzuki nor even Subaru offer this service, unless it is occasionally arranged by a dealer directly.

If there are any owners out there who want advice or even some practical "lessons" then for a contribution to my beer fund I'm sure I could sort something out! :giggle::D

If there are any owners out there who want advice or even some practical "lessons" then for a contribution to my beer fund I'm sure I could sort something out! emoticon-0136-giggle.gifemoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

Once mine arrives I'm coming for a visit Graham! Beer fund will grow!

As to my points if you ignore point 3 as you state, then there are still 3 very easy ways for SUK to make "Happy Drivers" of us. This thread is more about general SUK incompetence vs Skoda Germany (for example) rather than pure out and out off road training/days out.