Skoda YETI - Sat-Nav installation

Great Yeti

• 2 months later...

Hi Tony

This is just what ive been looking for

Could you Send me the diagrams please?

Good morning Grantson.

I presume that it is the circuit diagram you are wanting? Send me a PM with your email contact address and I will forward a PDF file with it for you ASAP..................Tony

Hi Tony

PM sent,

Thanks again

Grant

Hi Grant.

I have sent you the circuit diagram in PDF form. Hope its OK and that it proves useful.

If you need ANY assistance with it, don't hesitate to get in touch and I will do whatever I can to help.............................Tony

• 1 year later...

Will you please be kind and help me identify the speed pulse wire? Many thanks

Hi vbi1. Like Graham, I am not sure why you want this as regards a SatNav installation, and unfortunately I do not have the information you ask for. However, if you check out the I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) section of Briskoda you should find what you need - Here is the LINK to ICE and to a post that may help you LINK.

If you still cannot find the information you want. Post a question in the ICE section with details of your vehicle and its Radio and someone will soon help! Good luck........Tony  :thumbup: 

Why do you need to know?

A sat nav does not use any info from the car, just the signals from the satellites.

Some Pioneer units need this information for a better accuracy (at least so the manufacturer claims). 

However, if you check out the I.C.E. (ICar Entertainment) section of Briskoda you should find what you need - Here is the LINK to ICE and to a post that may help you LINK.

Thank you for the reply, but it seems this piece of information is lacking. I shall call the dealer and see if I can sort it out. 

Edited by vbi1

• 5 months later...

Hello. I have installed an after-market Sat-Nav in our new Skoda Yeti. The link below takes you to a "PDF" file which documents how I did this, and overcame some problems regarding access to parts of the dashboard and sourcing an ignition live circuit to charge the Sat-Nav.Installing a Sat-Nav in a Skoda YetiI hope this helps anyone who is trying to do something similar.............Good Luck .........................................the GREAT YETI

I enjoyed your PDF on Sat nav installation, in fact it's one of the things that swayed me to buy a yeti (not yet taken delivery) as it's the same set up that I've had in a Mazda 6 for a while with a fold down Tomtom satnav.

I've got the parts and it looks like an easy instal. What l would like to know is the best way to feed the line from the fuse box to the map pocket.

With thanks

I enjoyed your PDF on Sat nav installation, in fact it's one of the things that swayed me to buy a yeti (not yet taken delivery) as it's the same set up that I've had in a Mazda 6 for a while with a fold down Tomtom satnav.

I've got the parts and it looks like an easy instal. What l would like to know is the best way to feed the line from the fuse box to the map pocket.

With thanks

Hi Sadders - The routing of the cable is very simple and I don't think I can describe it much better than in the "PDF" guide.

However - here goes;

Figures (Pictures) 11 and 23 in the guide show the beginning and end of the cable run. It is very simple to thread the cable through. As you will see when you finally take delivery of your Yeti. It may help if someone shines a torch beam from each end in turn, whilst you look from the other and you should see the route quite easily. If I remember correctly (it's now four years since I completed the project!) this was the simplest of all the tasks and I got the cable through on the first attempt.

Best of luck and hope you don't have too long a wait for the Yeti to arrive...................Tony

Hi Sadders - The routing of the cable is very simple and I don't think I can describe it much better than in the "PDF" guide.

However - here goes;

Figures (Pictures) 11 and 23 in the guide show the beginning and end of the cable run. It is very simple to thread the cable through. As you will see when you finally take delivery of your Yeti. It may help if someone shines a torch beam from each end in turn, whilst you look from the other and you should see the route quite easily. If I remember correctly (it's now four years since I completed the project!) this was the simplest of all the tasks and I got the cable through on the first attempt.

Best of luck and hope you don't have too long a wait for the Yeti to arrive...................Tony

Thanks for this.

I should get the car in a couple of days. Cant wait. 1.2 SE DSG (in brown unfortunately). It was a lucky find. My car dies (oil pump went) a week ago and its not worth the cost of fixing on a 10 year old Mazda 6 with 110000 on the clock. Was lucky to find a Yeti (which I had been mulling over for a while) at the right price with reasonable milage and age in a distance that the mazda would reach without seizing up for trade in.

Counting the minutes until I collect it and buying parts for mods.

Also, where would you mount a phone, pillar or side of radio? bearing in mind that I hate blocking windscreen view and want to run a power supply to it.

Again with thanks.

Also, where would you mount a phone, pillar or side of radio? bearing in mind that I hate blocking windscreen view and want to run a power supply to it.

Hi Sadders - Sorry for the delay in replying!

I do not have a phone switched on when in the car - A personal choice, so have never felt the need to mount one. Plenty of people have, and a search of the forum will turn up lots of options & opinions. If you struggle finding the relevant threads, then a question posted in the Yeti Forum or maybe the "I.C.E." section should elicit lots of help.

If my mobile needs charging then I use the USB power supply in my "Top Box" or the power outlet between the front seats....................Regards Tony

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just wanting to keep this thread alive and to express my thanks to Tony (AKA The Great Yeti) for the exceptionally clear and comprehensive guide - the route from the Top-Box to the Fuse Box is surprisingly easy to 'thread' - but I would never have known it was there without this guide. In addition, the circuit diagram he emailed out on request was spot-on (and wouldn't have looked out of place in a published technical manual!).

We took delivery of our first Yeti a couple of weeks ago and are genuinely thrilled with it. As Land Rover Defender owners previously, we weren't sure we'd ever find a another car that we would have the same affection and admiration for, but so far, so good - "The King is dead. Long live the Yeti!"

• Like 2

Just wanting to keep this thread alive and to express my thanks to Tony (AKA The Great Yeti) for the exceptionally clear and comprehensive guide - the route from the Top-Box to the Fuse Box is surprisingly easy to 'thread' - but I would never have known it was there without this guide. In addition, the circuit diagram he emailed out on request was spot-on (and wouldn't have looked out of place in a published technical manual!).

We took delivery of our first Yeti a couple of weeks ago and are genuinely thrilled with it. As Land Rover Defender owners previously, we weren't sure we'd ever find a another car that we would have the same affection and admiration for, but so far, so good - "The King is dead. Long live the Yeti!"

Thanks Simon - Hope the Mod goes well  :thumbup: .............Tony

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

And my thanks to Great Yeti also.  Threading cables from fusebox to Dashtop box isn't hard. I use curtain wire (the plastic covered variety) as it is flexible and by twisting it if it gets stuck, can often be steered around obstacles.  If further threading or fishing is needed, the electricians cable access rods are helpful (Toolstation ref 50619).  Otherwise, stiff electrical cable - the sort that is buried in the house wall - can help as it can be bent into various shapes and be used to push.  Quite handy if you need to put a wire across the headlining.

This weekend I've been putting front parking sensors in and had to work out how to get the wires into the car from the engine compartment. Rather a fiddle!

I shall be fitting some USB sockets into the top box so have left a pull-cord in place from the fusebox to the dash centre.  This can be picked up when ready with the top box removed so further wiring will be simplified. I can locate a 12v to 5v regulator behind the fusebox and secure it with cable ties.

This sort of adaptor works well http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-to-5V-Dual-USB-Power-Adapter-Converter-Connector-Car-Motor-3A-Charger-UK-/161976793008?hash=item25b691b7b0:g:ANAAAOSwUuFWvsWZ

I suggest that you avoid those little round adaptors that plug into the power socket.  They are usually 'Buck' regulators and give a very noisy output since there is little or no smoothing in the circuits.  I had one on the Octy and it upset the dashcam with loads of screen noise and it made the parking sensors scream!

Cheers

Clive

• 1 year later...
19 hours ago, Andy0S said:

It's 2018 and still a relevant article. Well written and easy to follow.

Thanks Andy! Hi and welcome to Briskoda!

Just seen your PM to me and replied - Hope it helps........Tony