Mechatronic Unit

Picked car up to day after finally having the DSG gearbox replaced, so far so good it seems like a new car, might even wash it this week.

Just a thought, as DSG is reasonably common, Breakers yards must have them in from time to time.

I wonder how much a complete gearbox combined with mechatronic unit would cost and would it still need programmed to your car. For someone out of warranty it's worth investigating. These yards normally give a short guarantee so at worst it's the labour cost which is at risk.

• 6 years later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an Audi A3 and the Mechatronics failed at 83000 miles. I had a warning to say the clutch was overheating and to stop the car. When I stopped there was smoke coming out of the engine compartment. I wish it had caught fire as the repair cost me £1548 and I have lost faith in the car completely. I did contact AUdi who simply did not want to know. These parts are not manufactured with a long life in mind. Would not touch another DSG.    I think I will be going back to manual but with the way they responded it will not be from the german car group.