Official Briskoda Fabia II vRS Register

ChrisRs

Date of registration: October 2011

Colour: Blue

Options fitted: Pretty standard. Personally fitted a android stereo, subwoofer, changed the interior and numberplate lights to LED's. Kumho tyres all round, debadge (love the underdog look :D). Bonnet bra (not to everyones taste, does the job protecting from stone chips) and Heko Wind Deflectors.

Photo(Optional) :

Quite a step up coming from my first car 1.4 tdci fiesta to a fabia vrs :D

17858488_1325944187512715_550007309_o.jpg

Edited by Eimantas
  • Like 2

Hi Guys.  Just picked this up on Thursday last week.  Love the colour, few niggles to sort out, but love it!!

Date of registration:  January 2012

Colour:  Rallye Green

Options fitted: Amundsen+ Nav, Climate Control, Arm Rest, Rear Electric Windows, Parking Sensors

fabia.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Finally picked my car up. Successfully drive home to Glasgow from Manchester. Loved the drive. God it can shift! Will get some pics up soon. No plans for anything major to the car, just need headunit, lowered 40mm and black grill. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

after 4 years and nearly 82000 miles the Fabia has gone.

i am now no longer a Skoda owner and have neither a yeti or a VRS maybe change my name on here :D

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

My old RED MkII Fabia VRS should be knocking around in Manchester somewhere..currently off the road, had engine rebuild (timing chain went, fried pistons), OE10 LVJ - keep a look out rebuilt it and put it up for sale..MOT till Jul 18, but no tax

Edited by Naths vRS

• 1 month later...

Priced as a Classic / Collectors vehicle.

EDIT.

I see a nice 12,000 mile black one for sale...

Edited by AwaoffSki
  • Haha 1

On 09/01/2018 at 21:43, Brian69 said:

Unfortunately Brian I have had to say a sorry fairwell to my baby as my family is now growing.. Fun and well looked after never ragged or mistreated... Just hope the next owner looks after her

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wikinoob said:

Unfortunately Brian I have had to say a sorry fairwell to my baby as my family is now growing.. Fun and well looked after never ragged or mistreated... Just hope the next owner looks after her

Thought you might have traded the vRS in for something more commodious - you notched up a decent amount of miles (in approx. 12 months?) and assume they were enjoyable :cool:.

• 5 weeks later...

Just the Fabia Mk2 vRS hatch.

They never found the need to sand bag the other sister cars from VW, Seat & Audi, 

they just needed to be able to show the Hatch as 5 kg heavier than the longer Fabia vRS Estate.

Skoda Fabia rear weights.jpg

What is it countering, the driver or heavy engine? I don't understand why it's all on one side. 

It's so weird because why wouldn't the Monte need this if it was a real problem?

What's the total weight of all that iron?

Edited by Chibakun

25kg. 

It makes the front go light under acceleration.    & them Spare wheel 19kg.

The estate has stronger springs on the rear, is 9 3/4" longer but carries the same weights, does not go light under acceleration in the same way though.

The Polo GTI got the battery in the boot and no spare wheel as standard.

So when under the EU Testing the Polo, Ibiza & A1 Twinchargers were tested without optional extras.

That made the Hatch and Estate have the same Co2 g/km as the Ibiza, 1 VED band above the Polo & Ibiza Twinchargers that were on 215 tyres.

then 2013 with CTHE Engines in the Fabia & Ibiza only the Ibiza had the Co2 g/km figure lowered, the car was no lighter.

Skoda / VW were taking the P!55 in not alowing the cheapest and lightest car to be the quickest or have the best fuel economy. 

Every other manufacturer were weight saving, even Skoda was because that was supposed to be greener,

with the Mk3 Fabia they boasted on them being an Average 60 kg lighter.

Just think the cost of material to make those weights, and design and manufacture to fit on Euro 5 emission cars.

Weights at the rearmost part of the car, and then the Sister cars can tow, and the Hatch & Estate from Skoda are not approved as no tow weights were given, 

and the hatch could not have got a towbar anyway with those and the crash bar.

Reviewers / journalists never bothered to mention the wider tyres on the sister cars, the Polo GTI engineered to be balanced 

& the Fabia vRS hatch sandbagged to make it 5 kg heavier than the estate.

(does a longer roof and roof rails really make a difference 0-100 mph?)

Edited by AwaoffSki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/01/2018 at 15:35, Wikinoob said:

They were all fun miles buddy especially when I was out on my own! I've had to trade her in for a Peugeot 3008 economy mode again I'm afraid but happy with my decision now

20180101_212557.jpgLooks nice

Looks nice

• Thanks 1

On 13/02/2018 at 13:50, AwaoffSki said:

Just the Fabia Mk2 vRS hatch.

They never found the need to sand bag the other sister cars from VW, Seat & Audi, 

they just needed to be able to show the Hatch as 5 kg heavier than the longer Fabia vRS Estate.

Skoda Fabia rear weights.jpg

Is it worth removing them Then? Pros/cons. 

Thanks and apologies for jumping on this. 

In the Skoda Guides section you will find the thread that that picture comes from.

Removing rear weights. 

No downside it stops the front end going light under acceleration,

but it has been said it can make the rear end a bit skittery. (loose that will be).  A Monte Carlo with a Remap and more oomph has no rear ballast weights .

I do not think the back end goes skittery, and if you are removing them maybe you are upgrading your suspension.

Maybe move the battery to the boot as the VW Polo GTI Twincharger had, this gives space in the engine compartment for a modified air intake.

Edited by AwaoffSki

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/10/2010 at 07:30, ChrisRs said:

Date of registration: March 2011

Colour: Race Blue

Options fitted: Rear tinted windows, bluetooth multimedia system, cruise control, 17" Gigaro Alloys in Black and a few more

Photo(Optional)

Only Fabia II vRS owners please!!

29633570_10156432375332139_291228497_o.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After a couple of years off the forums, mainly due to not having my beloved Skoda Fabia 1.2 Combi, this weekend I should be picking up this 2012 Fabia VRS Estate.

Extras include Admundsen Sat Nav and Black pack. Hopefully all goes well :biggrin:

Screenshot_20180422-162134.png