2010 Octavia vRS bonnet release handle (inside cabin) not working

I have a 2010 Octavia vRS and the bonnet release handle in the cabin has stopped working. It still moves but nothing happens.

Does anyone know what the problem may be?

If so, how can I fix it?

I would really appreciate your help. I tried to get a hayne manual but there doesn't appear to be one for this model.

Kind regards

Simon

Can't help I'm afraid, but would say I was very surprised how fragile this handle was when I first got our new Octavia a few months back :(

I was having a play around with everything, pulled the lever under the steering wheel and the whole thing came away in my hand!

After a bit of fiddling around i worked our which way it fitted back on, but was v. disappointed with the cheap plastic material they used for it. :dull:

Can't help I'm afraid, but would say I was very surprised how fragile this handle was when I first got our new Octavia a few months back :(

I was having a play around with everything, pulled the lever under the steering wheel and the whole thing came away in my hand!

After a bit of fiddling around i worked our which way it fitted back on, but was v. disappointed with the cheap plastic material they used for it. :dull:

In crashes, people were getting injured by the handle as found on the Mk.1 (very robust hard plastic held on with 2 large self-tappers)

These are designed to break away to prevent injury.

• 10 months later...

I have a 2010 Octavia vRS and the bonnet release handle in the cabin has stopped working. It still moves but nothing happens.

Does anyone know what the problem may be?

If so, how can I fix it?

I would really appreciate your help. I tried to get a hayne manual but there doesn't appear to be one for this model.

Kind regards

Simon

Have just experienced the same problem.I took my 2009 Octavia VRS to a dealer for attention after the exhaust control system warning light came on.

When the technician tried to open the bonnet the release handle came away in his hand and even refitting it wasn't any use as the mechanism was tight and wouldn't release.I have had to leave the car with them to sort out as they tell me they will have to access the mechanism from underneath the car by removing the fans.They say it will take three hours!They tell me that they have dealt with two of these before.Thankfully it is being done under warranty.