Columbus update

philpix

Do you have to get Columbus updates done through the dealer or can you do it yourself for free?

I think its possible to download it and burn it to a CD and do the update yourself. I know that its available for download from http://www.my-gti.com . But there is always a risk that you brick your unit if somethings goes wrong.

/P

I've got a 4Gb SDHC card in the Columbus but it doesn't seem to play all the tracks on it but stick it in the Bolero and all 200 or so tracks are there. Ideas ?

I read somewhere that the largest SD card you can use in the Columbus is 2GB.

Says 32GB in book, It was written by a monkey though - lol

I have been using a 4GB SDHC with no issues BTW.

Memory card case: Memory cards such as SD (Secure Digital Memory

Cards), MMC (Multimedia Cards) measuring 32 mm x 24 mm x 2.1 mm

and with a capacity of up to 4 GB as well as SDHC (Secure Digital High-

Capacity Memory Cards) with a capacity of up to 32 GB are available. The

case for the memory card is located under the screen.

Edited by Tankdave

I've got a 4Gb SDHC card in the Columbus but it doesn't seem to play all the tracks on it but stick it in the Bolero and all 200 or so tracks are there. Ideas ?

You can get SDCH card support in an older columbus if you have correct hardware version and you upgrade your firmware to a version that supports SDHC. (Version 2684 I think...)

/P

Edited by perka

Thanks for the replies - it's not my car so I'm not going to mess. I just thought that as it works in the Bolero, it'd be the same in the Columbus. Obviously not. :p