Turbo cleaning

Hi i have a skoda octavia 04 1.9 diesel the turbo sticks causing the engine to go into limp mode. has anyone tried cleaning their turbo with innoec turbo cleaner, if so is it easy, or does anyone know where in cheshire i could get my turbo cleaned. many thanks dave

to be honest if the cleaner works on the air side of the, and not the exhaust side, then the use of it is going to be pretty pointless. Whip it off and give it a good clean.

I'll try and upload some pics of mine pre and post clean.

It doesn't work. For it be any use it would need to be sprayed directly onto the vanes, actuator ring and butterfly levers. This just isn't possible to do in-situ.

A mate bought a can. He removed the exhaust, sprayed the whole can in and he left it to do its stuff. I suggested that he pull off the vacuum hose and move the lever about a hundred times which he did. It seemed to solve the problem for a couple of months, but then it came back. His turbo wasn't completely solid to start with. When the problem returned, I took out the turbo and it was clear that some of the butterfly levers and part of the ring hadn't been touched. Where the cleaner had been, the hard carbon deposits remained.

Remove the turbo and clean it properly.

It doesn't work. For it be any use it would need to be sprayed directly onto the vanes, actuator ring and butterfly levers. This just isn't possible to do in-situ.

A mate bought a can. He removed the exhaust, sprayed the whole can in and he left it to do its stuff. I suggested that he pull off the vacuum hose and move the lever about a hundred times which he did. It seemed to solve the problem for a couple of months, but then it came back. His turbo wasn't completely solid to start with. When the problem returned, I took out the turbo and it was clear that some of the butterfly levers and part of the ring hadn't been touched. Where the cleaner had been, the hard carbon deposits remained.

Remove the turbo and clean it properly.

Here is the main gallery of pictures: http://www.matthewames.co.uk/briskoda/index.php?loc=./20101112_turbo_clean

Some pictures of specific interest:

Dirty control:

P1000653.JPG

Dirt around the control ring:

P1000656.JPG

Dirty/oily vanes:

P1000661.JPG

Clean vanes:

P1000675.JPG

Clean control side:

P1000679.JPG

All back together + elephant:

P1000693.JPG

Just had a look at all your pics - that's some transformation :thumbup:

What did you use chemical wise for the cleaning process?

She must respond a lot better now?

Toothbrush, one of those green panscrub things and fairy washing up liquid can do more than just your dishes.... it loves turbos too :rofl: Oh and my mothers kitchen sink (when she wasn't watching!). Also cleaned up the inlet manifold and EGR/anti-shudder pipework again. Having now done the elephant mod, and EGR blank off, that pipework should remain clear. I am due a cambelt in few k's time, so I might take the intercooler off and wash that out too.

It is like a different car.... amazing. I am annoyed with myself that I took so long to sort it out. I can overtake and not worry about it going into limp mode midway through the manoeuvre.