rSAP Bluetooth to HandsFree - Sucess!

Hello. Don't know if this is on topic or not but is there any way of disabling the scanning for mobile phones? I can't connect my phone via bt (and i've updated my sound system to an after market one) but the car is still scanning for a connection. Any way of turning this off? 

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi

I've been looking to replace my (phone not compatible) 5N0035730A module in Superb MkII for a 3C8035730A, just tried a 7P6035730J module in breakers yard and although it only had the large block connector port & not the purple round port it found & connected to my phone! I even did a test call which worked fine!

My question is with it not having the purple round connector port what if anything will I be missing?

The seller wants £80 but for £30 more I can get a 3C8, has anyone tried a 7P6 or any other variant with success? 

The purple connector is for an external GSM antenna, it's only used when in premium mode so it's unless with an iPhone.

Other than that, you might lose some MFD/Maxidot integration but I'm not sure.

On 03/06/2019 at 13:08, Sean Nangle said:

Hi

I've been looking to replace my (phone not compatible) 5N0035730A module in Superb MkII for a 3C8035730A, just tried a 7P6035730J module in breakers yard and although it only had the large block connector port & not the purple round port it found & connected to my phone! I even did a test call which worked fine!

My question is with it not having the purple round connector port what if anything will I be missing?

The seller wants £80 but for £30 more I can get a 3C8, has anyone tried a 7P6 or any other variant with success? 

Well, I've taken the leap & purchased a 7P6035730J for my Superb and not only does my phone (Honor 9) now pair but I can stream audio through Columbus eg Youtube, music on phone, etc.

I have phonebook, missed calls, the last call dialed, etc on MFD, as the previous module 5N0035730A would not even pair phone I don't know if anything is missing, it was plug & play with no coding just swapped out and worked like a charm.

Android Auto also works reading text messages from WhatsApp, I presume this will also work with standard phone MMS. 😃😃

• 1 month later...

I have an opportunity to buy a 7P6035730L module. Comparing it to the  3C8035730C at the same price, what is the difference, if any between the two? (730D & 730E series have WiFi, I don't need that)

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

I am new to this but have had a look and couldn’t seem to find this info. I have a 2009 superb with a bolero unit currently no Bluetooth. I understand I need to get a 3c8 Bluetooth unit but how do I wire it in do I need to get a genuine loom if so does anyone know the part number please 

• 3 weeks later...

Having removed my Bluetooth unit in the belief that it has died (it is a 3C8 035 730 B Novero made in Germany) can I replace it with a 'C' or 'D' as I find a few on eBay?

Can I take my removed original somewhere in E. Sussex to have it tested?

Cosmo J

5 minutes ago, CosmoJ said:

Having removed my Bluetooth unit in the belief that it has died (it is a 3C8 035 730 B Novero made in Germany) can I replace it with a 'C' or 'D' as I find a few on eBay?

Can I take my removed original somewhere in E. Sussex to have it tested?

Cosmo J

Here are the differences, the B part doesn't appear to show C as being an update (usually it will show if part was replaced and show new part number)

Make what you will of the following image.

Screenshot_20230227_132519.thumb.png.f993d8035be6afa9cd441f6e771eb8af.png

Guys, Varooom, sorted. I had no idea that one had to enter all 4 clusters of 4 numbers and was choosing only one cluster offered by the screen between the instruments. The telephone linked immediately but the telephone wasn't considered to be a media player until I rebooted it whereupon the Bluetooth symbol on the Columbus suddenly came alive. My telephone kept asking me to enter either 1111 or 1234. Bloody confusing.

• Like 1