rSAP Bluetooth to HandsFree - Sucess!

• 2 weeks later...

So I installed new BT Module and I also had to run two cables for the left side speakers but I still have a problem with poor sound quality and when I listing to bt music in background there is that noise and you can hear in the speaker when I accelerate. Is anyone has similar problem to mine ?

The other problem I got I can't control my music on my phone through my Columbus. So I can stream music but if I want to change for the next one I have to do it on my phone.

Which wire did you use? I think it needs to be shielded? I used shielded cat5 network cable and it worked a treat.

That's good think didn't though about it I just wired normal cable. 

hi dose anyone know why my 3 phone cant be used on my superb II it connects but with no signal . been through settings found "3" "O2" and others but says 3 not allowed . why?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I've recently bought a Skoda Superb 2009.  As with people above my iPhone won't connect and I get the message 'Phone Not compatible'

My BT module is the 3C8 035 730 (no letters after)

If it had a letter after it I understand it would work with my iPhone as it would have handsfree protocol.

The question now is which module(s) will allow me to just plug and play?

There seem to be various version A-F and I'm not sure if these are improvements on the previous ones so I should get F or not.

At the moment I'm thinking I'll just get the same model number with an 'A' at the end, but if one of the other ones available are just as easy to fit with more funcationality I'd prefer that.

Can anyone help please?

Your carkit only supports the rsap protocol, while IOS only supports HFP. So it won't work. To solve this there are two solutions:

1. Buy an rsap compatible phone (many Android phones support rsap) or
  2. Buy a new carkit. You need at least a 3C8 035 730 B, and I think the latest is 3C8 035 730E. The newer, the more features.
  • Like 1

Hello

I need some help here if anyone can help me..

I bought from ebay a reverse cam interface for my rns 510 columbus..and i cant make it work..i mean the codin they told me to do ,its not working..i tripled checked the wires and everything is just fine.i checked the reverse camera ..i bought a clasic display and i plugged the rca wire into this display and it has signal when i pull it in to reverse.i did every thing..

This is the coding i tried:

In controler 10(park/steering assist) bit 0 -bit 5(rear view cam instaled) and also i disabled bit 4(optical ilustration active) because when i tried bouth it says:coding rejected.error31:request out of range

So i disabled optical view and i enabled rear view camera

After that in controler 37(navigation) bit 4 i enabled bit 6( back-up camera low)

I restarted the rns510 and still nothing apperas on the display.

Until this it was appearing the optical view.

CAN U HELP ME

The interface i bought is from ebay :RL-MFD3

This interface is special for aftermarket reverse camera

Hi all. I have a new Bluetooth unit but am struggling to get the old one disconnected, got the large connector off, but cannot remove the purple connector....please help...photos would be good.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Hi i just brought used skoda superb II 2011 australian version. It doesnt have a factory bluetooth. I have checked under driver seat it doesnt have any box there. The columbus unit say phone button on it but it only mutes the running music. It also dont have any parking assistant as well. Its tdi desiel elegance.

My questions are-

1. How install bluetooth to columbus to make and pick phone call and stream music in unit.

2. Please advice on any accesaries to enhance the experience of this beautiful car.

I will be really thankful.

BIRINDER

• 1 month later...

Hi I am hopefullying picking up a used Superb this week (Mar 13) from a main dealer and was wondering if the bluetooth will work with my iphone 6 and Windows Lumia 640 LTE phones? If not what do I need to do for this to happen? Or can the dealer sort? I did try the Skoda uk website but the compatability list page link was broken.

Also does the Amundsen+ satnav take 7 digit postcodes?

Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...

Hello,

can please someone help me with my Bluetooth understanding? 

I currently have 5N0035730A from Nokia, my upgrade as I understand is 5N0035730D from Novero.

According to  http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Telephone_Retrofitting D model is laking DDP, only BAP.

• BAP = Operating and Display Protocol (newer Instrument Clusters, Volkswagen Models with white Displays)
  • DDP = Display Data Protocol (older Instrument Clusters, Volkswagen Models with red Displays)

Will 5N0035730D work without problem for me, as just plug and play? My maxidot colors are all white if that is the case in DDP/BAP difference. And I have Columbus (RNS 510, with latest firmware 5274)

Edited by AChrist

• 4 weeks later...

update on my previous post.

So I bought 5N0035730D off ebay, for $180 with shipping, I assumed it would be exactly the same with connections. But 5N0035730A has extra socket for current installation.

I installed new module, plugged biggest connector and checked. All was successful. Bluetooth works as expected, good bye rSAP! 

Maybe someone can identifiy what for is left over cable? Images can be found here http://imgur.com/a/J1HaJ

Also according to http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Telephone_Retrofitting - it should have WLAN and all different options, but I couldn't find anything from settings. What comes to my mind is that probably I need to hook up VAG-COM cable and do adaptation of new module. Maybe that will unveil all other options in maxidot. 

update on my previous post.

So I bought 5N0035730D off ebay, for $180 with shipping, I assumed it would be exactly the same with connections. But 5N0035730A has extra socket for current installation.

I installed new module, plugged biggest connector and checked. All was successful. Bluetooth works as expected, good bye rSAP! 

Maybe someone can identifiy what for is left over cable? Images can be found here http://imgur.com/a/J1HaJ

Also according to http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Telephone_Retrofitting - it should have WLAN and all different options, but I couldn't find anything from settings. What comes to my mind is that probably I need to hook up VAG-COM cable and do adaptation of new module. Maybe that will unveil all other options in maxidot. 

Only 3C8 035 730 D and 3C8 035 730 E support WiFi.

The purple fakra connector is for the GSM antenna and is needed for any module that supports rSAP.

From your picture, you've actually fitted a 5K0 035 730 D which doesn't support rSAP, this is why it's missing the GSM connector :)

• Like 1

Only 3C8 035 730 D and 3C8 035 730 E support WiFi.

The purple fakra connector is for the GSM antenna and is needed for any module that supports rSAP.

From your picture, you've actually fitted a 5K0 035 730 D which doesn't support rSAP, this is why it's missing the GSM connector :)

That explains a lot! Thank you.

I do not know where I got the idea that D module will have WLAN. Maybe I confused it with 3g.

On the side note about  3C8 035 730 D and 3C8 035 730 E. I presume WiFi is useful only if pair via rSAP? Or how WiFi works in that case?

I presume WiFi is useful only if pair via rSAP? Or how WiFi works in that case?

Correct.

When connected using rSAP, the bluetooth module will connect to the cellular network. Assuming 3G is available, it can form a WiFi hotspot to allow the phone to connect.

Without rSAP it won't work :)

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

Quick question please.

I have just picked up a 2011 Superb SE which has a Bolero head unit fitted.

Would you normally expect to have  Bluetooth or something fitted for hands free with iphone etc from factory?

If so, where would I expect to find said Bluetooth module if accessible?

Thanks very much

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello had a a5 samsung which connected and worked fine....had a upgrade to s7 edge which connects fine but wont load or update phone book..any ideas will gratefully recieved...thanx david (2009 elegance 2.0tdi)

Just an update...turned on car and phone connected as normal then msg on phone to enable access to phone book etc...pressed ok and all is good....regards david

How good is this forum?  First problem I've noticed with my "new to me" 2008 Superb is that I can't connect my iphone, then I come in here and immediately find what looks like the answer, and it's a simple-ixh fix too. 

Now I do believe in the interconnectedness of all things! Cheers all

• 4 months later...

So gents, 

Can I just confirm you fitted the 3C8 module and it automatically allowed connection via 'Hands-free' instead of the rSAP, I don't have to mess with any other cables or upgrade any looms? The system will operate as if it came out of the factory with 'Hands-free' fitted?

Am I correct to then assume from some of the comments the Audio will work through the Aux operation?

Thanking you all in advance and for the patience if this has been covered previously, I honestly couldn't find a straight answer... >;o)

1 hour ago, Gillette said:

So gents, 

Can I just confirm you fitted the 3C8 module and it automatically allowed connection via 'Hands-free' instead of the rSAP, I don't have to mess with any other cables or upgrade any looms? The system will operate as if it came out of the factory with 'Hands-free' fitted?

Am I correct to then assume from some of the comments the Audio will work through the Aux operation?

Thanking you all in advance and for the patience if this has been covered previously, I honestly couldn't find a straight answer... >;o)

I eventually managed to track one of these down, paid a bit more than I was hoping but it's an E series model which I believe is the latest.  Plugged it in and it worked without any other setup, connected to my iphone no problem and everything I want to work works.

My car is a 2008 Elegance, don't know if that makes any difference.

• 5 months later...

Thread revival. Sorry

my problem is I’d rather replace my iPhone with a Samsung than spend £200+ on the one ebay

There is a few under half that price on eBay for VWs and Seats but with totally different part numbers!

are they the same thing but with a different part number? The plugs look the same except some don’t have the second plug 

Hopefully somebody has used a differential part number rather than the 2 noted in this thread

1K8 035 730 D - for example

7p6035730 j  - another example

Edited by Kelv666
Adding content

I replaced my Bluetooth modules a couple of years ago to accommodate a blackberry and then an iphone.

I think I still have the old module sitting in the shed. I don't know what the number is but when I get back to Cardiff I will have a look if I can find it and let you know what model it is.

If it interests you can have it for a charitable donation. I don't know whether it will work for your Samsung. Probably someone on here will be able to help.