rSAP Bluetooth to HandsFree - Sucess!

So this is important.

I thought, as descriped by others in the forum, that the right only channel was a problrm only during bluetooth audio sreaming.

In a forum I found the following:

"I just installed a 9W7 into my 2010 Tiguan (White Display) replacing the stock 9W3. All the features seem to work fine except the A2DP streaming. It's only coming out of the right speakers in the truck.

Bluetooth phone audio is working fine coming from all the speakers, just not the music streaming. Has anyone been able to fix this problem? I noticed a few mentions on other forums but can't find the cause or solution."

If the above is correct i will leave the wiring for latter.

Andy sorry for asking but, could you please re-confirm?

Regards,

Constantinos

The phone works fine without the extra wiring. The phone audio only ever seems to come out of the right speaker, as a phone call is mono anyway.

I added the extra wires as I really wanted to use the Bluetooth streaming. It also saves me from spending more money on the MDI interface.

Andy.

You mention disconnecting the battery first because of the warning light, Andy, which I understand. Is there any time limit to reconnecting - I thought that there was a length of time beyond which you needed a dealer code reset?

BTW, anything else you want trying regarding P-M-Nav?

Ray

You mention disconnecting the battery first because of the warning light, Andy, which I understand. Is there any time limit to reconnecting - I thought that there was a length of time beyond which you needed a dealer code reset?

BTW, anything else you want trying regarding P-M-Nav?

Ray

Hi Ray,

There doesn't appear to be any time limit. I've had the battery off for more than 4 hours, and not needed any kind of codes. I know that in some cars the Columbus prompts for a PIN following battery disconnection. However, the Superb stores the PIN number in the instrument cluster, and it gets automatically entered when the battery is reconnected.

Don't think there is anything else with regards to Pimp My Nav. It sounds comparable to POI Inspector, but doesn't seem to do anything that makes it obviously better. Given that I've paid for POI Inspector, I think I'll stick with it.

Andy.

The phone works fine without the extra wiring. The phone audio only ever seems to come out of the right speaker, as a phone call is mono anyway.

I added the extra wires as I really wanted to use the Bluetooth streaming. It also saves me from spending more money on the MDI interface.

Andy.

Hi Andy,

I agree with you, the phone audio is mono anyway (this is confirmed by then wiring alraedy in place).

What I can confirm is that now with my 5N0035730C I have voice during phone calls from both sides, right and left. So I think it seems that even with 5N0035730D and using the existing wiring, I will have phone audio from both sides even if is not stereo(i.e. it's mono with the voice comming from both sides as per the comment of that person on the other forum).

Regards,

Constantinos

Edited by Apoelara

Hi Andy,

I agree with you, the phone audio is mono anyway (this is confirmed by then wiring alraedy in place).

What I can confirm is that now with my 5N0035730C I have voice during phone calls from both sides, right and left. So I think it seems that even with 5N0035730D and using the existing wiring, I will have phone audio from both sides even if is not stereo(i.e. it's mono with the voice comming from both sides as per the comment of that person on the other forum).

Regards,

Constantinos

Hi Constantinos,

It sounds to me like your car might already have the required wiring to do stereo bluetooth streaming, as my phone audio definitely came from just the right speakers, prior to connecting the extra wiring.

Unless, of course, the Columbus is duplicating the audio to both sides, without you doing anything.

Best way to check is to remove the battery, and then unplug the connector from the bluetooth module under the drivers (or possibly passengers seat, if you're LHD). You can easily remove the blue insert from the black connector shell, and look to see if you've got wires in positions 4 and 5. If you do, then you don't need to do any extra wiring (which would be good).

Andy.

Hi Constantinos,

It sounds to me like your car might already have the required wiring to do stereo bluetooth streaming, as my phone audio definitely came from just the right speakers, prior to connecting the extra wiring.

Unless, of course, the Columbus is duplicating the audio to both sides, without you doing anything.

Best way to check is to remove the battery, and then unplug the connector from the bluetooth module under the drivers (or possibly passengers seat, if you're LHD). You can easily remove the blue insert from the black connector shell, and look to see if you've got wires in positions 4 and 5. If you do, then you don't need to do any extra wiring (which would be good).

Andy.

Andy,

Do we need to remove the battery to cahnge the unit under the driver's seat?

If not will we get any fould codes?

Anyway I had a look at the blue connector. No wires at position 4 and 5. I think it's Columbus that is doing the job.

Note that another person in the forum has changed the unit and he still getting sound from all speakers as before. In your case you said that before changing the unit you had voice just from right speaker?

Best Regards,

Constantinos

Andy,

Do we need to remove the battery to cahnge the unit under the driver's seat?

If not will we get any fould codes?

Anyway I had a look at the blue connector. No wires at position 4 and 5. I think it's Columbus that is doing the job.

Note that another person in the forum has changed the unit and he still getting sound from all speakers as before. In your case you said that before changing the unit you had voice just from right speaker?

Best Regards,

Constantinos

Yep. You need to remove the battery, otherwise the fault log will show that communication was lost with the bluetooth module. Not a big deal, and it certainly doesn't show up as a warning light or anything (unlike anything to do with the airbag system). If your dealer is anything like mine, they'll simply clear the fault code next time they see the car. I routinely take a fault log before going for a service, just to see if the dealer points out any logged faults. They never have. Most of the time, they can't even tell me what fault codes were logged.

To be honest, I'm 99% certain that my phone audio only came from the right speakers, but it's been at least 8 months since I last used the old telephone module (I got an iPhone4, so couldn't pair until now).

Don't think it really matters, though. Without the wires, the phone will work fine with the new module. You only need to add them if you want stereo bluetooth (which I did).

Andy.

Yep. You need to remove the battery, otherwise the fault log will show that communication was lost with the bluetooth module. Not a big deal, and it certainly doesn't show up as a warning light or anything (unlike anything to do with the airbag system). If your dealer is anything like mine, they'll simply clear the fault code next time they see the car. I routinely take a fault log before going for a service, just to see if the dealer points out any logged faults. They never have. Most of the time, they can't even tell me what fault codes were logged.

To be honest, I'm 99% certain that my phone audio only came from the right speakers, but it's been at least 8 months since I last used the old telephone module (I got an iPhone4, so couldn't pair until now).

Don't think it really matters, though. Without the wires, the phone will work fine with the new module. You only need to add them if you want stereo bluetooth (which I did).

Andy.

Thanks Andy.

Is there an easy way to read the fault log? and also to clean it?

Thanks Andy.

Is there an easy way to read the fault log? and also to clean it?

The best way to do this is with VCDS/VAG-COM. You need at least version 805.1, which is where support for the Superb was added.

Depending on where you are, there is a registry on the site of owners. You can have a browse, and see if there is anyone local to you.

There are other tools out there which will allow you to read/clear the fault log, but I don't have any experience with them.

Andy.

Well a bit of patience paid off 'cos my module arrived this morning 10minutes later - hey presto iPhone connected. Brilliant a quick and worthwhile mod if ever there was. :thumbup:

It will be worth the wait. It's one of the most useful mods I've ever done to a car.

I think MDI will be my next retrofit. Just can't justify the cost at the moment.

Andy.

Well a bit of patience paid off 'cos my module arrived this morning 10minutes later - hey presto iPhone connected. Brilliant a quick and worthwhile mod if ever there was. :thumbup:

Hi David,

Glad it's all sorted.

I just had a quick question. What age is your car? Is it a 2009 or greater MY?

If so, does your telephone display in the MFD show a little glyph of an iPhone next to the bluetooth symbol? Also, do you get a battery indicator to the right of the signal bars?

On my car, I simply see two horizontal lines in these spaces, which I'm guessing is because my instrument cluster doesn't contain the required graphical definitions. I'm told that MFD's from 2009 onwards do.

Thanks,

Andy.

Edited by Bagpuss

Hi lads i have an Iphone 3gs and it connects every time with no problems , what i dont have is the text message option on the columbus screen when phone is selected , i know iphones dont have rsap it also dont show up on the maxidot display. I took pics of the module under my seat and its different to the pics on this post. It dosent say what model number it is either , how do i upload pics to this post ??

The difference is on the left hand side of the module there is like a green wireless plug in it instead of a pink/connector cable. Any of ye know what model this is ? I will upload the pics from my home pc later , in work at the Mo.

The module is metal silver not black plastic.

How do i attatch pics to this post ??

Edited by barts2

Hi lads i have an Iphone 3gs and it connects every time with no problems , what i dont have is the text message option on the columbus screen when phone is selected , i know iphones dont have rsap it also dont show up on the maxidot display. I took pics of the module under my seat and its different to the pics on this post. It dosent say what model number it is either , how do i upload pics to this post ??

The difference is on the left hand side of the module there is like a green wireless plug in it instead of a pink/connector cable. Any of ye know what model this is ? I will upload the pics from my home pc later , in work at the Mo.

The module is metal silver not black plastic.

How do i attatch pics to this post ??

From what I understand, the standard bluetooth supplied in Ireland is/was GSMII. This is the older HFP only bluetooth module. I'm pretty sure that this has now been replaced with the hybrid rSAP/HFP module that this thread talks about.

I would think that you should still be able to replace the module you've got with the newer one, as folks in the US are doing the same thing with their older HFP-only modules. You'd need to take a look at the connector, and confirm that it's the same as the one used on the newer module.

You can find diagrams/pinouts here:

http://www.my-gti.com/173/volkswagen-skoda-bluetooth-pinouts

Hope that helps,

Andy.

Hi David,

Glad it's all sorted.

I just had a quick question. What age is your car? Is it a 2009 or greater MY?

If so, does your telephone display in the MFD show a little glyph of an iPhone next to the bluetooth symbol? Also, do you get a battery indicator to the right of the signal bars?

On my car, I simply see two horizontal lines in these spaces, which I'm guessing is because my instrument cluster doesn't contain the required graphical definitions. I'm told that MFD's from 2009 onwards do.

Thanks,

Andy.

Hello Andy,

Just today got my 5N0035730D.

It's fantastic.

When my HTC touch HD is connected with rSAP then I have on the maxi dot a 3G indicator (3G in a circle) and also the word premium on the left of the bluetooth symbol.

When I connect it with normal Bluetooth protocol I’m getting a battery symbol with small horizontal lines in it, showing the battery level.

With both connections (rSAP and other protocol) when I go to Bluetooth settings on maxi dot and choose multi media then the unit is searching for a connection with a multi media device and finally connects with it (the phone) and is ready for Bluetooth streaming. When connected I’m getting this little glyph of an iPhone next to the Bluetooth symbol (with both types of bluetooth protocols).

I got my car new on April 2010 if this is something that is related to the symbols I'm getting on the maxi dot.

The problem is that when using Bluetooth streaming I’m getting voice only from right speakers. So, I have to connect the extra wires for Columbus.

I have also when connected with rSAP the sms function on Columbus. There I can read and also listen to the message I got and also reply, forward or just send a new sms.

Best Regards,

Constantinos

Do you have your text message option on the Columbus screen now Apoelara ??

Hi folks, recently i added the 5N0035730D , all is good now i have sussed the coding, well i think it is, only thing i cant do is use the mic on the steering wheels to control the RNS for anything other than the Phone ?, i can control the voice for the Phone just not Nav/ radio etc ?, i can use the Star button on the RNS and that does it all but just wanted it on the Wheel also, its not a big issue as i probably wont ever use it but i dont like being beaten LOL, anyone got any ideas ?, my coding is 02 00 00 01 01 01 01 00 00 01 00 00, Perhaps i should have left the coding as it came ?, but it did not seem to work without coding ?, perhaps i just didnt give it long enough on the supplied coding ?

Edited by 182_blue

I have to say that this new unit, 5N0035730D, is also much faster than the old 5N0035730C. it's connected very fast with the phone (both with rSAP or other type of bluetooth connection, the phone book is downloaded quickly and also the dailing using voice commands (i.e. repeating the numbers) is done with almost no errors.

Hi All,

I'm sure this has been done with Octy's etc, but I've tried it with the Superb.

I have bought a 3C8 Bluetooth module for $180 (£111) from this eBay seller. (3C8035730A)

It arrived this morning from Portugal, installed in a few minutes, no coding needed, and works as a HandsFree device. - in my case, the BlackBerry i own DOES have rSAP but it is very sporadic when connecting; sometimes it'll be fine for a week, after 15 minutes of getting it connected, then, it'll never connect for a month.

If anyone is in the North East and would like to meet to try it with their phone, i dont have a problem at all :) will try it later with my Wife's iPhone 3G.

So, on the whole, i feel it's a 'hunderd-quid REALLY well spent.

Go do it - it works!

2010 Superb with rSAP only - now 2010 Superb with rSAP and HFP! :yes:

Al.

I have a 2008 Superb Elegance had the same problem with an iphone4. Bought a 3C unit off eBay for e100. Simple swap and worked immediately downloading phone book and appearing in white dot matrix and on Columbus screen. If anyone wants details of eBay site mail me...Baz

Looking on ebay the part numbers are for the same unit with no difference and one seller even states you could get an item with ether part no.on it.

Can anyone tell me if its has worked with a Iphone 3G. (no S).

Thanks very much to everyones input into this. Is one thing really bugged me about the superb. Give me a DSG box and i will be as happy as a pig in ****. Well done guys.

As a very new Superb owner, I would just like to add my thanks for all the help given in this thread.

I ordered a unit from ukmegaseller and received a prompt acknowledgement, warning me to wait a few days for delivery. In fact it arrived in a week, securely packed and protected, from Portugal.

I have just installed it (very grateful for Alan's photographs, and also for Ray's helpful comments about the locking flaps) and now I have paired a Sony Erricsson phone which was not possible with the old box.

Thanks again for the information.

Bill.

Hello,

As per my previous posts I have the new unit for few days now.

Currently I'm using an HTC touch HD which supports rSAP. Sometimes the phone is connected using rSAP and sometimes another bluetooth connection. Could anyone explain this. Please note that on my HTC rSAP is always on.

As the phone supports rSAP I prefer it because I can get the sms on Columbus and also I believe that the reception is better.

Best Regards