Yeti waiting list.

big bad lew

I ordered my Skoda Yeti 170bhp Elegance on the 27/11/10 and was told by the salesman that delivery is March. After pestering him for a build date by email he eventually phoned me and the build date is week 20,mid May so 3 weeks for uk delivery makes this June...... wish I ordered a Freelander 2 now ffs.

I ordered my Skoda Yeti 170bhp Elegance on the 27/11/10 and was told by the salesman that delivery is March. After pestering him for a build date by email he eventually phoned me and the build date is week 20,mid May so 3 weeks for uk delivery makes this June...... wish I ordered a Freelander 2 now ffs.

Things may have changed (for me) over the past few days but last week my Yeti 170 Elegance ordered exactly 1 month later at the end of December 2010 had a build week 18. On ordering it the sales people guessed April delivery and I gave them a wry smile.

I ordered my 170 Elegance in early November and was quoted delivery at the end of april (Build week 13) last week was quoted end of may for delivery, the reason for the change, i opted for sat nav a week after I ordered! But they did say they would honour my trade in price. The dealer is not very good at communicating I have to chase them.

Sounds about right sadly. The diesel engines seem to be in short supply. I waited 23 weeks for mine (17 July - 30Dec)

Andy

Yes, so we are told, but plenty of speculation as to why ? it beggars belief when you think of the world financial mess we are in, punters out ther with their cheque books open,ready to buy within VAG, how many UK businesses would love that kind of problem ? and yet no credible expanation to keep would be customers on side, and it would appear no willingness to speed up production to reduce the waiting times. I think they just don't want to employ more people to build more engines, but that, you would think has to be balanced against the many that choose to buy outside the group. What do you think ?

this diesel engine excuse they keep banging on about does make me wonder if theres a 6 month waiting list for a 2LT diesel touran or if seat have the same problem with thier diesel orders

As a Yeti 170 Elegance owner who waited 8 months for delivery after first being given a period of 10 to 12 weeks (albeit with panoramic roof), I can honestly say to you that it is well worth the wait. If you really like the car then hang on in there! I believe that it is far better to wait for what you really want, coming straight from the production line, rather than to collect a vehicle that has been parked up for months in a dockside car park. Whatever you decide, happy motoring.

Our 170 Elegance was ordered the last week in August and arrived 2 weeks ago. No extras that would extend delivery time as we didn't order with sunroof due to the that being taken off the options list a while back (although now available again I think).

There have been problems with diesel engine supply a month or so back, and there was also flooding at the factories in the Czech Republic which meant they lost a week or so of production time sometime around November I think.

It is a great car but I wonder how many sales are being lost due to the ridiculous delivery times? We will probably never know as Skoda UK would never admit it. I think they sold about 4500 Yetis in 12 months when over the same period over 40,000 Qashqais were sold due to quicker delivery times.

Someone at the VW/Audi/Skoda should be getting embarrassed due to completely under-estimating demand for not only the Yeti, but other models too.

If you really wish you had ordered a Freelander, why didn't you? You must have decided you preferred the Yeti and you must have known the likely delivery time and - having waited 7 months myself - yes, it is worth it!

This delivery time thing is strange (but maybe not - see end of my post) - LHD cars in the EU are 6 to 12 weeks as factory orders - plus it is possible to get one in maybe 2 to 4 weeks if you are flexible as dealers have them coming through

I believe that the Yeti is more popular in the UK than say France - I have just bought one in France and was reasonably flexible on colour, but I wanted the mid spec, (Ambition/SE), 140bhp 4WD - I was offered a choice of two colours

They could have got me a petrol 1.2 or a 110bhp CR in the same time period - but again only two colours were available quickly - Silver or Steel grey - (other dealers had them in stock or "coming through")

The "problem" in France is the price - same in the rest of the EU - but it's all a function on the weak £ - the list price of my 140 Ambition (SE) 4WD was Euro 29,000 in metallic - this includes french registration tax, (Carte Gris etc) of Euro 600 and a "negative " carbon bonus, (really a charge for 4WD), of Euros 750

I think the Euro Ambition has the same spec as the UK SE

Dealers do discount in Europe - 10% to 15% on the Yeti, say 13.5%

so that comes off

at 1.20 Euros to £ the price would be about £21,150

but it is now 1.13 to £ = so it's £22,500

so I've paid about £22,000 for a metallic 140 4WD SE - which is quite a bit more than the UK list and I got a reasonable discount from the dealer - but I got the car in two weeks, which is worth a lot to me as I don't want to wait - I'm retired and want to enjoy the car asap!!

I tried to get a LHD car in the UK, (I would have preferred it to be UK registered) - I was quoted UK list by a UK dealer, a "wait time" of 6 mths to a year and a 50% deposit on placing the order - with maybe an indication that they were not keen to supply

It cannot be difficult for Skoda to increase the production of RHD vehicles quite quickly to increase UK supply as the demand is there - but when they can get up to maybe 15% more (after stripping out the extra "french" costs) in Europe for LHD models - why would they?

Now if the £ strengthened - I would think that you could see a reduction in "wait times"

Edited by BillN_33

The waiting list delays do seem extremely variable.

In another post on this forum, it's said that in Eire the wait is only 8 weeks or so,

while in the French forum (http://www.forum-auto.com/marques/skoda/sujet734-7035.htm) people are complaining they have to wait 8 months to get a 1.2TSI DSG Yeti.

Chris

I was at my dealers yesterday picking my registration number and did notice on his screen there was a delivery listing, two groups one showing diesels with 20 weeks delivery,the second list petrol's not sure if the greenline diesel was there quoting 10 weeks delivery.

Perhaps James of Allams could confirm this.

Please be patient BBL, you will not have been satisfied with a Freelander, the Yeti is SOOOO much more of a car for the money :yes:

And the build quality pute LR TOTALLY in the dark :giggle:

I ordered 11 October 2010 and just had week 12 build confirmed today :happy:

Only approximately another 4 weeks before flying down to London for the pick-up - HOPEFULLY! :ninja::ninja::ninja:

I ordered 11 October 2010 and just had week 12 build confirmed today :happy:

Only approximately another 4 weeks before flying down to London for the pick-up - HOPEFULLY! :ninja::ninja::ninja:

congrats mate, same build week as me :)

Things may have changed (for me) over the past few days but last week my Yeti 170 Elegance ordered exactly 1 month later at the end of December 2010 had a build week 18. On ordering it the sales people guessed April delivery and I gave them a wry smile.

I ordered our 170 Elegance in Wk 50/10 and was told on Saturday it's due for a Wk 18/11 build also. The salesman (bless his heart) initially reckoned it would be hear by mid-March :p . Hi scolleague was miffed that cars he had ordered before, will probably be delivered after. I think it's all a bit of a lottery at the moment :o .

At least you got a build date. When I enquired of my dealer, car ordered 6 weeks ago, he just says they will inform me when it arrives!! All they would commit to was a 6-7 month lead time!

At least you got a build date. When I enquired of my dealer, car ordered 6 weeks ago, he just says they will inform me when it arrives!! All they would commit to was a 6-7 month lead time!

keep asking thats what he is paid for to keep you informed. your car should have a prov build week by now

Lets hope there are enough IC's in stock as the VW group source some of there's from Japan. Initially VW share price rose after the disaster, as they thought the lack of availability of Japanese models would boost sales, then dropped again when the penny dropped that essential parts come from Japan for all manufacturers.

I waited nearly 5 months for my Octy II to arrive. Mind you it was the 2.0TDi :D

I have a friend who is looking at Sedici/SX4s and Yetis. His wife wants a Yeti, but he hasn't been told about the waiting period yet and he needs a car now. It would be a shame if he went elsewhere because of the delay. Anyone know any dealers up near the North East/Alston area that might be able to help. I guess he would look at Nearly new too.

I waited nearly 5 months for my Octy II to arrive. Mind you it was the 2.0TDi :D

I have a friend who is looking at Sedici/SX4s and Yetis. His wife wants a Yeti, but he hasn't been told about the waiting period yet and he needs a car now. It would be a shame if he went elsewhere because of the delay. Anyone know any dealers up near the North East/Alston area that might be able to help. I guess he would look at Nearly new too.

If its 2wd there after try James; currently has a new 1.4TSI SE in the showroom looking for a home :)

Regards,

TP

If its 2wd there after try James; currently has a new 1.4TSI SE in the showroom looking for a home :)

Regards,

TP

Thanks :thumbup: but he needs 4x4 as he lives somewhere above 1,400ft in the North East :(