OEM wiring loom colours & pins for stereos

fabdavrav

thank you! was looking for this (need the word "radio" in the search keyword thingymybob though! as it took me ages to find this! lol)

Hi, do you have pics for the loom. I'm trying to see if the iso connection has a ability to install the balupaunkt-grundig rca pre-out so I can reduce the hum as a result of using speaker wires to the amp

thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a mark 2 Fabia, and although the brown section of my loom seems to match the original post in this thread, my black loom does not.

Here is a diagram of the loom coming from my console.

Untitled_2.jpg

The blue section at the bottom I suspect is for aux input from the MDI and 3.5 sockets.

The brown section I suspect is correct

But the black section uses different colours in different positions to the original post.

The OEM Swing unit does give me a wiring diagram, nor are there any labels on the loom wires. I'd rather avoid guessing which pin to wire where, so would anyone mind helping me out here?

• 3 weeks later...

I see on the black plug has a feed off the speed sensor. Q  if the car has no radio fitted would the interfere with the speedo operation ? (Mine came with the radio removed and I have not got round to fitting one  just yet, and my speedo does not work)

Answered this myself  managed to borrow a symphony cd/radio plugged in and drove round block  still no speedo

• 2 months later...

Hi - I'm struggling with my HU, I have a 52 plate 1.9SDi Classic Fabia.  I picked it up and there was a Kenwood (poorly fitted) HU, it didn't retain its settings per the various postings above.  I decided to take a different route as I didn't like the Kenwood HU I went for a Skoda (Grundig) 411 as it had less flashing lights etc.  Anyway the problem that I have is that the 'new' set green background lights will not go out, nor will the set switch off on the key.  I have tried the #4 and #7 swap, no change.  I have had my meter across the wires and get the following...Currently the black plug is set as follows #1 Wh/Pp, #2 nil, #3Gy/Wh (12v Ign on and 5v Ign off), #4Bk/Bl Const 12v, #5 Bk/Bl Const 12v, #6 Nil with IGN off and on, #7 Nil with IGN off and on, #8 Brown.

I noted that when I removed the #4 Bk/Bl from the plug an popped the plug back in the set still worked, on pulling the black plug out the interior light came on in the same manner as it does when you pull the IGN key out.  I have been through the fuses, none blown.

Any help appreciated :hi:

Hi,

I'm also facing similar issue when I upgraded to RCD 320, is there any solution to this?

Thanks,

Aditya

• 3 months later...

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I installed rear speakers in my fabia classic estate a couple of years ago when I was running an after market Sony HU, but that had recently died. So I dug out the original symphony cd player which all works fine, except I can't get the rear speakers to work.

Do I have to activate them somehow now I'm using the symphony?

Edited by avie rose

• 3 years later...

A resurrection of this classic thread, because MK. 1's are are going strong in 2018.  

I prefer my stereos to be permanent ly powered, so I can listen to it whilst working on the car without the keys in the ignition.

Splicing permanent 12V into the switched jack, would it work ok?  Any risks?

Thanks for s thread, the original post in here has saved me more than a few bob!

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I bought an aftermarket stereo that fits my skoda fabia mk1 everything is woking but it is getting extremly hot you cant even touch it. I did yellow to yellow .. red to red ... black to black.. have i connected something wrong ? i think its when i try to turn on music then it start to get extremly hot. Becuse if i just start the car and dont touch the stereo then it doesnt becom hot.

• 2 years later...

Hello everyone,

im having problems with my Skoda fabia from 2014 (model 2007-2014).

Fuse 49 (blinkers and brake lights) is constantly blowing.

I checked various places, unplugged a lot of connectors, but can’t find the problem. I think it’s a damaged wire that touches the ground somewhere. 
Does anyone have a wiring diagram?

or does anyone know where the red wire with two white stripes go to?

thanks in advance!!!

10 minutes ago, Jackieeeeeee said:

does anyone know where the red wire with two white stripes go to?

Pin 13 of  the 73-pin white connector that goes onto the BCM. Approximately above clutch pedal in LHD cars that have a clutch pedal. 

Ok thank you already! 
do you know where it goes from there?

I noticed that when I unplug the white connector, my fuse stays ok, so normally the wire between fuse and white connector should be ok. I unplugged the front door connector, also cut several wires and resolderd them. There was one abnormality I think in the wires that go to the rear end. There were two blue/violet cables connected but don’t know where they go to.

unplugged every lightbulb and connector to the lights and blinkers, so don’t really know where to search anymore…

It would be best to start your own thread about this in the mk2 Fabia subforum. It's not ideal to go off at such  tangent within this guide to stereo wiring. If you have any trouble doing so, let me or a moderator know and we will try to assist, I'm sure. :)

• ColinD unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

Hello to everyone.

So i have a skoda fabia mk1 2001 model azf engine code and im trying to find rear left channel cables with no luck.There is only two cables blue and black for the right channel.The previews owner of the car he has connected the two speakers with the right channel.

Hope you can understand what i mean.

Greetings from Greece.

• 4 months later...

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but hoping someone could help me, as per the first post the Black Connectors are not the same on my Fabia mk2 see pics below. I figured the fatter Red wire was the Power but the two up top? orange with green strip and orange with brown strip, any ideas? thanks

20230529_185443.jpg

20230529_185457.jpg