Octavia III (again)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite like the hatch.

Are these legit images, or simply someone's photoshop ones as with previous pics we've seen claiming to be the Mk3?

My thoughts exactly!

OP, where did these images come from?

Apesar de ter sofrido um restyling em 2008, o Octavia vai-se manter em funções até 2012/13, altura em que será substituído no mercado pelo seu sucessor.

Neste momento, espera-se que o carro beba inspiração da mais recente criação da marca, o VisionD, no que ao desenho diz respeito: espera-se um desenho refinado, sendo os grupos ópticos rectangulares e a lateral percorrida por um "vinco".

Um sedan e uma carrinha são já dados como certos, sendo o hatch (ou lift, fastback ou o que quer que seja) uma variante ainda em dúvida, apesar de bastante provável.

O Octavia vai assentar na plataforma MQB, estreada pelo Q3, estendendo-se esta também aos primos mais próximos: Golf 7 e Audi A3. Apesar de um posicionamento esperado mais abaixo do actual no mercado, a marca não deixará de lado certas tecnologias como o Stop & Start, talvez receba o cruise control activo ou mesmo o assistente de estacionamento automático, apesar destas possíveis inovações, no que diz respeito à mecânica não deverão haver novidades.

Todays model will be on sale until 2012/2013.

Octavias platform is the new MQB, first used on Audi Q3, and will also be used on future Golf 7 and Audi A3.

Will have start/stop function, adaptive cruise control, park assist.

Motors will stand the same.

Looks a bit Mongrel design, bits from various other cars, Merc rear lights, Audi side view , retro front Skoda lights,

Looks o.k., but where has originality gone emoticon-0106-crying.gif

Looks a bit Mongrel design, bits from various other cars, Merc rear lights, Audi side view , retro front Skoda lights,

Looks o.k., but where has originality gone emoticon-0106-crying.gif

I agree about the Merc rear lights but disagree on everything else. And what is the originality you talk of? The Octy Mk I was original as they'd never built anything like it, but the II was just a development of that. And the Superb was literally a stretched Passat.

Yes very audi look to it,does it look longer then the current one? I order a Octavia due in july , as i keep my cars for 5-7 years dont really want a old shape if new one is due next year, Might have to cancell my order and wait for new one

Edited by tony2311

Have to see it in the flesh, but the estate looks promising!

i like the wheels on the estate (wagon) more than the ones on the hatch.

that rear shot of the estate is NICE!!!

octaviaschultecombiardi.jpg

Edited by JR RS

Surely this is just a cut and paste photoshop from the VAG parts bin?

If not then they really should have given the designer of the light clusters more than just an etch a sketch to work with!

If this is the finished product then I'm sure like all Skoda products it will grow on me over time and it will be the vRS that really gets my attention.

Surely this is just a cut and paste photoshop from the VAG parts bin?

If not then they really should have given the designer of the light clusters more than just an etch a sketch to work with!

If this is the finished product then I'm sure like all Skoda products it will grow on me over time and it will be the vRS that really gets my attention.

:rofl: I was just thinking the same thing!

Like it... but as with so many medium sized estates these days the rear is getting strong slope, looks very smart but compromises the load space.. the tailgate opening looks small and the sill high... moan moan moan....