Upgrade the bushes!

fabdavrav

• 5 months later...

Thanks for this thread! :-D

Are there any fitting guides on the forum?

Yes there are.....the link for the engine dogbone mount is in the above post.....there are other posts in the Fabia tech section for all the other bushes.....just keep looking B)

• 9 months later...

VT do a couple of different grades of the engine mounts now.

They must like to keep it a secret.........as there is nothing on their web site under latest news, or under either MKI or MKII Fabia!!!

So I won't add to the list until such time as there is no web based info to back it up, or link to!

Skoda Fabia 1 right hand engine mounting VAG 212MX

Skoda Fabia 1 right hand engine mounting fast road VAG 210M

VAG 210M has been listed for ages on their site and my post

What is the diff between the VAG212MX and the VAG210M?........if they are for the same position........is the VAG212MX even stiffer???

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any experience of this bush?

http://www.powerflex...esel)/2067.html

Is a good bit cheaper than the Superpro equivalent

Ahhhhh....another new product.....thanks for the info........rang them for the shore harness........info updated.......and no never used it!

Does anyone have any experience of this bush?

http://www.powerflex...esel)/2067.html

Is a good bit cheaper than the Superpro equivalent

I fitted one of these bushes to my Polo 9N3 GTI 1.8T, went for the diesel one as it's softer so less vibration. It made a big difference to the gear change, changes a lot easier now as there is less rocking of the engine. I got mine from C&R Enterprises :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Powerflex = PFF85-201 = This is a two "top hat" piece with a thin wall (3.5mm) stainless steel tube insert. (Had problems with this one, tho' not all their fault, and other people have reported the same problem of the thin walled tube "eating" the subframe hole bigger!, there is a fix if you already have these).

I bought this recently. It good thing I have not installed it yet. You said there is a fix for this problem but you did not specify it. Would you mind helping me?

I bought this recently. It good thing I have not installed it yet. You said there is a fix for this problem but you did not specify it. Would you mind helping me?

Firstly just do the bolts up to the correct torque.............I had a dealer later remove the front wishbone and not do these bolts up fully.........thus allowing this problem to manifest itself!.....and although the Stainless tube is harder than either the steel subframe and the aluminium console , it only really eats the steel subframe as this has the most movement on it...........But if you want to make sure then get some "penny" or "repair" stainless steel washers (outside dia the same as the bush almost).....and the inside hole dia the same as the bolt shank (not the thread dia which is bigger).......then cut the thread for the bolt through the inner hole on the washer....this makes it a tight fit so that the stainless tube sits better.........then you use one washer per side or the car......and place it between the bush and the steel subframe......if you need to move the subframe a bit then read my post on bolt torque settings here....

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/165720-fabia-nut-and-bolt-tightening-torques/#entry2314024

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks very much for the reply. I have 2 questions though.

1) Why one washer per side? As I said it only eats into the steel subfame...so only required between the steel subframe and the bush....it does not affect the alu console.

2) Why not just make a new 5mm wall thickness tub? You can't as the inner dia is sized for the bolt and the outer dia is sized by the bush....as the tube is made by the bush manufacturer then change to a different manufacturer......SuperPo size their's so that the bush is thinner and the tube is thicker!!!

• 4 weeks later...

hi all, i have a 2000 hatch fabia mk1 1.4 16v elegance. Had an MOT advisory to replace the front anti roll bar bushes however which size would I need get? The car is standard, nothing modofied. 16, 18, 19, 20 or 22mm? thanks!

Edited by trunks_mk1

• 1 year later...

As per post in Roomster page, maybe get more hits here.

How could I replace like for like front  bush on the wishbones as a one piece.  I am not interested in the super-pro or otherwise upgrade.  I just want the original bush.  I can see how I would be able to get it out with a press fashioned from some sockets.  Would the reverse of this work for fitting the new bush.

Bush looks like this:

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Roomster_1.4_2008/p/car-parts/suspension-and-steering/suspension/suspension-bushes/?610440275&1&390c3a955b0960a8ff9979307951e9bbdc81b257&000437

How do you get it in, I guess that is my question?

Excellent

• ColinD unpinned this topic