Skoda screenwash

I was having a look at the official Skoda accessories website and came across their Screen Wash Concentrate (Part Number: HBA096039). I was staggered at the price of £40.00! Is this correct? One thing that isn't stated is the quantity you get - does anyone know.

I would really like to buy some of this product particularly for next winter - it is has been discussed before how it protects down to -60C, but at that price !!!

See http://www.accessories.skoda.co.uk/productdetail.aspx?p_no=HBA096039

Edited by stevenc

I've been using Halfords Ready Mixed screenwash - also the Lidl Ultimate Speed over the last winter (suitable for down to -60C and for 'fan jet nozzles') Latter was about £4 for 5l and am diluting it now that the colder weather is over.

Edited by gregoir

Must be a huge amount as you can buy it from a dealer for about £3 for a litre.

It's good stuff, I much prefer it to the Halfords concentrate that I occasionally used to use.

I was having a look at the official Skoda accessories website and came across their Screen Wash Concentrate (Part Number: HBA096039). I was staggered at the price of £40.00!

A quick Google search of that part number seems to indicate it dilutes to 1:100 :o

When my relatives got a bottle of the concentrate, it was packaged identically to the ready-to-use mix (did not look like either of the pictures on Skoda's site), in a 1l bottle, for about £5 - dilution instruction was 1 cap-full per reservoir.

It is much better than most - I used to get a pale blue sludge build up on the fill-up filter with Halfords and other "store" screenwashes, but with the VAG stuff nothing - and much rarer to get clogged nozzles too.

Are the washer jets supossed to have special spray heads does anyone know? Mine was bought used but doesn't have the fine spray mist that others VAGs do, and this is generally the only reason you need to buy specific screenwash. Otherwise over time the fine spray disappears and eventually the jet head gets bunged up to the point that it no longer works.

I have no idea if mine is on the way out or whether they are not equipped with fine spray jets.

try cleaning out the holes with a pin or length of steel wire

(I use #72 modelling drills but wouldn't recommend them to anyone not used to them!!)

Having spent most of last winter with my screenwash system frozen solid I'll defo be investing in some of this this time round!

I often wonder if the commonly reported problem of the feed pipe to the rear screen washer coming off is caused by excessive pressure due to the jets being blocked?

In my 100 years driving I have tried them all but Skoda one is the best we have ever had.

Well it seems 100LOL.

You must use the M25 a lot !!

Until quite recently, we didn't have a Skoda dealer in Northampton, the last one having closed down in 2009. I was keen to continue using the correct screen wash and to save a drive into Bedford, bought three 1 litre bottles of VW Screenwash Concentrate from the local Volkswagen dealer during last winter. It must be the same stuff, albeit with a different label.

I can't remember the exact cost, but I seem to recall it was about £3.50 per litre including the dreaded VAT. It has to be diluted 1:4 with water, so to make life easy I found an old five litre Autoglym TFR container, rinsed it out well, tipped in a bottle of the screenwash and topped it up with water.

It now sits on a shelf in my garage ready to use.

It's the same stuff- I get mine from the VW dealer as it's closer and the label has VW, Audi, Skoda and Seat on it.

It's exactly the same, label and all, as the stuff you get from Skoda.

Until quite recently, we didn't have a Skoda dealer in Northampton, the last one having closed down in 2009. I was keen to continue using the correct screen wash and to save a drive into Bedford, bought three 1 litre bottles of VW Screenwash Concentrate from the local Volkswagen dealer during last winter. It must be the same stuff, albeit with a different label.

I can't remember the exact cost, but I seem to recall it was about £3.50 per litre including the dreaded VAT. It has to be diluted 1:4 with water, so to make life easy I found an old five litre Autoglym TFR container, rinsed it out well, tipped in a bottle of the screenwash and topped it up with water.

It now sits on a shelf in my garage ready to use.

I do the same - I used an old plastic turps container - well washed out! - only about 2 litres so by the time it is running out I'm usually ready for a change in dilution according to the season.

It is much easier than putting neat screenwash in the car then adding water.

in my previous mk2 the nozzles clogged after using cheaper concentrate in the facelift I have been using halfords ready mixed (it was bogof before winter) and its been perfect..no clogged nozzles after 8 months of using it (it did get a skoda refil when it got serviced before christmas)

Got myself one of these...

10 x 1 litre bottles of genuine VW / Seat / Audi / Skoda screenwash.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-VW-AUDI-SEAT-SKODA-SCREENWASH-BOX-10-NEW-/200609085929?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eb53bb9e9

£12.99 + £13.99 P&P = £26.98 delivered to your door.

£2.70 per litre and didn't have to leave the house :thumbup:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-VW-AUDI-SEAT-SKODA-SCREENWASH-BOX-10-NEW-/200609085929?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eb53bb9e9

I have the same a user on here was selling em bulk got 10 bottles for £20 cracking stuff :thumbup:

Same chap I got mine from. Its worth bidding on his auctions rather than 'Buy It Now' as even if you lose the auction he usually seems to give you a Second Chance Offer for your original bid price, hence how I got ten bottles from him for £20.

Going back to the OP's question - what is the £40 container - is it definitely mega-concentrated and going to last me ages? Reason I ask is that I still have my £100 of vouchers that I got with the £299 service deal - otherwise I wouldn't even entertain the idea of paying £40!!

for £40 i would suspect 25litres although skoda dont do them anymore but there may be some still floating around, as for the ebay link even i cant buy 10 for that an i work for skoda

Going back to the OP's question - what is the £40 container - is it definitely mega-concentrated and going to last me ages? Reason I ask is that I still have my £100 of vouchers that I got with the £299 service deal - otherwise I wouldn't even entertain the idea of paying £40!!

What I did with my vouchers, as they can't give you change, is to top up with the small screenwash bottles. So e.g. when I got my wiper kit and there was £4 left, I added a screen wash.