Skoda screenwash

10 x 1 litre bottles of genuine VW / Seat / Audi / Skoda screenwash.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item2eb53bb9e9

£12.99 + £13.99 P&P = £26.98 delivered to your door.

As opposed to 5l of -60°C concentrate suitable for fan jet nozzles for under £5 from Lidl/Aldi? Got 10l sitting here ready for next winter.

By the way, do not attempt to clean fan jet nozzles by poking a sharp object into them- they will get damaged.

As opposed to 5l of -60°C concentrate suitable for fan jet nozzles for under £5 from Lidl/Aldi? Got 10l sitting here ready for next winter.

The debate of cheap vs. OEM screenwash has been done to death on here.

There were many threads on it during the recent harsh winter and those who used both types noticed much better results with the OEM screen wash.

The £40 part number is a bulk container, it has been discussed on here before but I can't find the thread to check how many litres you get for your £40, I'm guessing it won't be as a good deal than the guy on eBay.

10 x 1 litre bottles of genuine VW / Seat / Audi / Skoda screenwash.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item2eb53bb9e9

£12.99 + £13.99 P&P = £26.98 delivered to your door.

By the way, do not attempt to clean fan jet nozzles by poking a sharp object into them- they will get damaged.

I admit I've never had to do the fronts, only the back one, and that responded well with no trouble. Having said that, I am used to drilling very small holes, both as a modeller and a dental surgeon!1

• 7 months later...

Screen Wash Concentrate (Part Number: HBA096039). I was staggered at the price of £40.00! Is this correct? One thing that isn't stated is the quantity you get - does anyone know.

Going back to the OP, this eBay sale seems to have the answer the question.

40ml to be diluted 100:1 (water:screen wash) for £4.99 + £1.85 P&P.

But, if my maths is correct (and it is past my bedtime), it only makes up 4 litres in your washer bottle! (40ml x 100 = 4000ml = 4l)

Edited by KBPhoto

That stuff, according to the bloke I spoke to a TPS this morning, is not suitable for fan jets.

I've personally not experienced any issues with using another type of screw wash but my fan spray pattern has got a bit un-fanlike on thus car and suspect the previous owner never used anything at all. I'm sticking to something fan jet suitable.

The best deal on eBay at the moment (or on the net that I can find) is this one - you could buy 10 individual bottles (free postage) at £3.98 each making it pretty cheap for genuine Skoda / VW supplies.

The Skoda Shop currently have it online for £3.24 per bottle (but with £6.00 postage charge). So only good if you are ordering large quantities of the stuff.

is not suitable for fan jets.

Excuse my ignorance, but what's a fan jet? I'm going to guess its the washer jets that spray the water in a wide pattern across the screen rather than in a single jet (old school style)...

Let me know if I'm wrong, please.

Edited by KBPhoto

My understanding of a fan jet is the same as yours.

Apparently some screenwash can crystallise which can block up your fan nozzle. I don't know if that's entirely true but I'm using fan suitable screenwash as a precautionary measure!

Edited by j0hn

My understanding of a fan jet is the same as yours.

Apparently some screenwash can crystallise which can block up your fan nozzle. I don't know if that's entirely true but I'm using fan suitable screenwash as a precautionary measure!

That's correct. Anyway, the proper OE fluid is, as has been said, just way better than other stuff.

Great & Thanks.

I've ordered four bottles from the eBay seller I mentioned. Will see how the deal goes and (hopefully) have enough to get me through the winter.

Edited by KBPhoto

I use the Holts Costco stuff. No problems with fan jets after 4 years use in the Octy. The Scooby has standard jets and the most powerful headlamp washers I've ever used - no problems there either

£ 5 for 5 litres.

I use the Holts Costco stuff. No problems with fan jets after 4 years use in the Octy. The Scooby has standard jets and the most powerful headlamp washers I've ever used - no problems there either

£ 5 for 5 litres.

same used it in 3 fan jet vehicles never had an issue.

Been using the Tesco "Concentrated Superstrength" version for a few weeks now and it seems good. No sludge on filter, no blockages.

Works out at £1.59 per litre

Good down to -9 degrees C.

Normal driving used at 25%, winter 50%, severe use neat.

Agree that the VAG has been the best to date though.

Edited by ednmra

Picked up the VAG stuff for about £3.30 a litre before Xmas. Seems quite a good deal compared to the Halfords stuff.

I've been diluting it to 5l which has been fine for the mild winter so far.

Wow! Current best price I reckon. Good find (pity I ordered some last week at £3.98 per bottle).