Monte Carlo Grill Mod - Fitted

tom_kvrs

• 4 weeks later...

Will try and get a picture at the weekend of the new lower part now its fitted.

ive painted my top grill on the roomy just got one stone trip on it thats the only problem painting them but thats life

• 4 weeks later...

Out of interest does anyone know if the Monte Carlo grille will fit the Pre Facelift fabia

Nope - unfortunately not - the whole front of the bonnet has been redesigned and parts from it will not fit our pre-facelifts.

If it is the chrome bit you are interested why not paint it at a local shop. Will come cheaper than obtaining the Monte part.

• 2 months later...

Finished it, my god what a bloody job the bottom grille is.

I can't really describe it without swearing!

Took 2 of us a good length of time, and it ended up in lots of different pieces!

Looks good now though, pic:

blackgrille.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What's the difference between the facelift ones as I really would love to retro fit black headlights and get the grill surround painted in red.

Plastic chrome is easy to strip and repaint. Put it in a solution of the cheapest nastiest bleach you can buy - mix with hot water and leave it to soak over night. Chrome should start to lift right off. Then swill off, rub down, prime & paint.

What's the difference between the facelift ones as I really would love to retro fit black headlights and get the grill surround painted in red.

Plastic chrome is easy to strip and repaint. Put it in a solution of the cheapest nastiest bleach you can buy - mix with hot water and leave it to soak over night. Chrome should start to lift right off. Then swill off, rub down, prime & paint.

The whole front is different in shape and preportions

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone thought of fitting the black arch bits from the Monte to the vRS? Would it fit?

My dealers reckons it's a straight fit apart from the rear, where you need to change the back bumper cause on the monte the diffuser wraps round and it doesn't on the vRS, but then you have the problem that the diffuser doesn't have the cut out for the tail pipes !!

Oh and the fact the monte kit (without the rear bumper) is in excess of £800 from Skoda !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope Confide doesn’t mind me using his description from the above post. It just saves me having to type it all out in my own words. But I’ve added some pics and a bit more text to help to help

Step 1: remove the screws on top off the grill. (the bumper-part)

5948131906_359e4d7d45_z.jpg

Step 2: remove the plastic pins on top off the grill (the bumper-part). These are serated and need to be levered out, I used a thin flat bladed screw driver to start with then an open ended spanner to lever it all the way out.

5947579527_ec5bafd754_z.jpg

Step 3: bend the plastic a little to reveal the plastic fittings. the thing you are looking for is the plastic which is splitted, push that out with a "plastic crowbar" (the swedish name for it translated, don't know a better name for it. There are 4 plastic clips on the grill ,2 on each side, holding it on so these need to be released. To help remove the grill which was a little tight on mine, I replased the outermost screws on the top of the grill. Before doing so I lifted the plastic of the grill a little and slid the screw underneath so it just fastened the top of the bumper back onto the car and not the grill. This stopped the top of the bumper moving when you tried to remove the grill

Top clip and hole. Shows screw in top of bumper to stop bumper moveing

5948134746_41b131729c_z.jpg

Side clip This can be reached through the holes on either side of the top of the bumper

5948135276_0d82401b19_z.jpg

Side clip hole

5948153628_0c698ee6b9_z.jpg

Step 4: the grill is starting to come loose when you push the rest off the fittings out off the holes, just be patient and don't try to bend them.

Pushing them in the right direction should be enough.

Step 5: Now you should have the whole grill in your hands, go ahead and go nuts on the rest off the fittings that hold the chrome (you spot them very easily, they're chromed *duuuh*).

Hope it helps and thanks to Confide

Hi I realise this this a pretty old thread but thought this needed spelling out. I've just purchased an 08 Roomster Scout and fancied the black front grill as discussed for the Monte Carlo Fabia. Dont buy these as they are not compatable. The length of the top part holding the badge is roughly 1" too long either side thus does not fit into bonnet recess and only the locating spurs directly underneath the a badge locate correctly, all others do not locate!!!!The bottom surround has totally different locating lugs so will not fit either.Disappointed as it looked great on Fabias!!

Hi I realise this this a pretty old thread but thought this needed spelling out. I've just purchased an 08 Roomster Scout and fancied the black front grill as discussed for the Monte Carlo Fabia. Dont buy these as they are not compatable. The length of the top part holding the badge is roughly 1" too long either side thus does not fit into bonnet recess and only the locating spurs directly underneath the a badge locate correctly, all others do not locate!!!!The bottom surround has totally different locating lugs so will not fit either.Disappointed as it looked great on Fabias!!

Just have it vinyl wrapped like mine :) See my Fabia Project thread I mentioned above for some photos!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by belegur

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm doing something a bit different here, I have a Monte Carlo in black magic and have bought a chrome lower grill surround which has been sprayed in rs ultimate green along with my skoda badges, what is the best way to remove the trim without breaking any of it? As I want to keep it as it is expensive new?!

Some of the picture tutorials are helpful but the images are "removed by user or links are broken" do these work if I view it in my computer? Cheers guys post-99063-13732826700358_thumb.jpg

:)

post-99063-13733662900535_thumb.jpg

Not a Monte Carlo grill mod, something a bit different,

Followed confides step by steps, the pictures didn't work but all makes sense as you start doing it

Has anyone at all managed to remove the lower grille trim WITHOUT smashing it to smithereens, leaving it in one piece?

Seems the majority I've read have tied but failed miserably

For what it is, the lower grille replacement part price from a dealer is absolutely extortionate

:)