Wiring Diagram

Hi !

Does anoyone know where one could get hold of an wiring diagram for a Skoda Roomster ?, my mother in law had an Roomster where the Daytime Running Lamps has stopped working, and the local garage has tried to fix it by swapping the light switch for a new one, with no success, so I thought I give it a try, but without a wiring diagram it's like finding a needle in a haystack.

All the obvious things has been checked, like connections, fuses and such.

/Mats

You can get Elsawin discs from Ebay for about a tenner.

The wiring diagrams are in there, along with all the other workshop details you'll ever need.

Skoda electrical diagrams aren't the easiest to follow (but which are these days, with so much stuff on cars now)

You'll need several pages open simultaneously to try and follow the current path. Boggles my mind sometimes - and I'm supposed to be trained in electrickery !

Good luck. :)

I just had a look at the elsawin wiring diagram and yes as tuscan30 says they are hard to follow and I'm an electronic engineer.

The only thing that stands out is thee is a relay marked J277 on the wiring diagram that provides a feed to pin 3 of the light switch for day driving lamps. I can't even make out where that relay is situated although it looks like all relays are behind the fuse panel.

If you message me your email address I'll send over some pdfs.

Do everyone else a favour and leave them off.

Well, doing so in Sweden means that some guy in a multicoloured car will flash some blue and red lights at you, and then write you a ticket that will cost some money.

You can get Elsawin discs from Ebay for about a tenner.

The wiring diagrams are in there, along with all the other workshop details you'll ever need.

Skoda electrical diagrams aren't the easiest to follow (but which are these days, with so much stuff on cars now)

You'll need several pages open simultaneously to try and follow the current path. Boggles my mind sometimes - and I'm supposed to be trained in electrickery !

Good luck. :)

I've got Elsawin somewhere, didn't realise that it contained wiring, I'll try installing it.

The diagrams have the same layout as those for VW and Audi I guess, they are not that easiest to follow, but I use to print them and put them together side by side.

/Mats

Well, doing so in Sweden means that some guy in a multicoloured car will flash some blue and red lights at you, and then write you a ticket that will cost some money.

What I found on Elsawin I have emailled you, but can't you just turn the lights on manually to avoid the ticket ?

That relay J277 looks a good place to check, with its power on pins 4 + 6 and trigger on pins 1, 5 + 7.

Even though Elsawin calls J277 a relay I can see the symbol of a PNP transistor on the rectangle, does that mean it is some kind of solid state switch ? Let me know what you find.

But we aren't in Sweden and, here it's an offence to dazzle other road users.

Sorry, I hadn't seen that the OP was in Sweden, but if daylight lights are necessary, dipped headlights don't dazzle the same.

Edited by Calomax

What I found on Elsawin I have emailled you, but can't you just turn the lights on manually to avoid the ticket ?

That relay J277 looks a good place to check, with its power on pins 4 + 6 and trigger on pins 1, 5 + 7.

Even though Elsawin calls J277 a relay I can see the symbol of a PNP transistor on the rectangle, does that mean it is some kind of solid state switch ? Let me know what you find.

Well, one could switch it on manually, but that is hard to remember, especially since there has been automatic DRL on cars in Sweden since the late 70:s.

I will try to locate J277, pin 6 is a trigger too I think, comes from the alternator, has 12 V on it when the alternator kicks in.

J277 is probably a solid state of some kind, or a standard relay with some electronics attached to it, I'll get back on that, it could be so that it's a solid state to make it easier to separate the three different outputs (left and right parking lamps, and the output for the dipped headlights).

It's working again !

The J277 relay is a mix of electronics and standard relay, it contains same electronics, and two relays, I'm guessing one for the dipped headlights, and one for parking lights.

The fault was a bad solder on the circuit board of the relay, after fixing that, it works great again.

Some photos taken during the operation.

Here's where the relay is located, it normally sits in the white socket.

DRLSkodaRoomster005.jpg

A picture of the relay, with it's cover removed

DRLSkodaRoomster008.jpg

And last, a picture of the bad soldering, it's the fourth from the left at the top of the circuit board, I resolderd all the ones in the top row just to be sure.

DRLSkodaRoomster011.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

I had the same problem with my Roomster Scout 2007 model.

I found this site and decided to try it out.

Found the relay, pulled it out, and opened it.

Not the exact same cold soldering in my relay, but definitive a cold soldering in the output of driving light relay.

Look at the big soldering point to the right of the resistor marked 122.

IMG_20170524_202941.jpg

• Like 2