My Silver Fabia vRS

Gobsheene

Had this out a good run last night and I definatly notice more of a difference when tramping on, its more direct up to the point of understeer, then it slides like fook!! lol Actually much more fun to drive now :)

Worthwhile mod for £30.

Na not much faster tbh I can keep up, but cant get past... hers was RR'd at 189.9 on AI Autosports Rollers last year and has an ABT Map on it from before she bought it.

Mine has a Torque Tronics "smokey as hell" map by the previous owner and he stated it was 165bhp, i've nothing to prove this though.

Her map is alot harsher and feels way quicker... good bit more go in 5th and 6th, but that could be to do with the different ratio gearboxes, AFAIK i have the long range one and the Cupra has the short one.

I've a torque tronix map too but it isn't smokey :)

• 5 months later...

Small update, got my 312mm brakes onto it after alot of arsing about with paint removal and having to buy new parts as there were bit missing from them. Also, descided to lash some yellow paint onto them to clean them up a bit as they were in a very sorry state. Its not the normal green but it'll DFR!

2155bdb8.jpg

Much, MUCH improvement over standard, just seems more eager to stop and i feel alot more confident in it now.

I fitted some 16" steel wheels there for winter as my standard wheels are looking a touch scabby and need a refurb.

There really isnt much clearance!

703c6296.jpg

Cupra bushes have been purchased and will be fitted soon I hope as I noticed alot of play when tightening up the nuts on the passenger side.The wheel moved nearly an inch towards the back of the car!!!

Also noticed that my front shocks are starting to leak, so hopefully they'll survive till after my wedding and i'll lash a set of coilovers into it.

Oh also fitted some LED number plate lights, seems to freshen up the back of it when its clean, but there are no pictures of it :)

• 2 months later...

Another update to the car, new Headunit :D:)

f2d1f926.jpg

And also the worlds longest refub project... started in October and wont be finished for another month or so!

Never really done this before and thought i'd give it a go... at least so its all a rattle can effort with virtually no experiance of anything like this so i', probably doing everything wrong!

To begin... 4 rubbed down wheels, painthad bubbled all over them so was taken down to the bare metal in quite a few places.

Kerb rash wasnt too bad so never bothered with any filler etc.

97ab9d78.jpg

1st face primed

a9da1664.jpg

2 done... quite a colour difference to stock, primer was loads darker than I thought!

8fd0ae85.jpg

All fur faces primed

32fb2c67.jpg

Rather liked the matt look on them but they felt terrible!

0029b1ce.jpg

Then rubbed them all down for the 1st time

6fc6461a.jpg

Rubbed on the left, not rubbed on the right

2564128c.jpg

Then 3 weeks later... time for the inside!

e6254dd3.jpg

2682a758.jpg

Then time for some paint! Descided to go Matt black on the inside as this really is on a budget!

ebc1497b.jpg

6051a1bd.jpg

Then descided to wash the car and slick the steelies :)

cc7cbfa0.jpg

I'm getting married in less than a fortnight then off on Honeymoon for another fortnight so not going to get them painted for another month or so :(

Should be a nice Rover steel grey colour when completed... but might need to rub the faces down a bit more as they're a wee bit patchy and could be orange peely.

• 1 month later...

Well back from Honeymoon over a week now and getting started into making the car look a little better.

JOM Coilovers have arrived at home and will be fitted this incoming week I hope. Just need to order some top mounts and FR bump stops just to make everything peachy before fitting.

Going to trial it without the shorter drop links as I don't intend to fully slam the car, but if I need them i'll get them afterwards.

In the meantime I've wanted to Lamin-x the headlights since I got the car and I've finally done so, but with much cheaper tint from eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.u...9#ht_500wt_1156

This stuff is no different to Lamin-x in my eyes and a lot cheaper.

There's more than enough to do the headlights on the Fabia and there would be a bit left over but I just binned that bit as I had no use for it.

Here's the finished result, I'm very pleased with how it turned out for less than £12 and 30 mins application.

Doesn't seem to effect the light beam at all either unlike the Fly-eye stuff.

4cd40fa9.jpg

New number plates are in the boot as that ones incredibly scabby looking.

Well back from Honeymoon over a week now and getting started into making the car look a little better.

JOM Coilovers have arrived at home and will be fitted this incoming week I hope. Just need to order some top mounts and FR bump stops just to make everything peachy before fitting.

Going to trial it without the shorter drop links as I don't intend to fully slam the car, but if I need them i'll get them afterwards.

In the meantime I've wanted to Lamin-x the headlights since I got the car and I've finally done so, but with much cheaper tint from eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.u...9#ht_500wt_1156

This stuff is no different to Lamin-x in my eyes and a lot cheaper.

There's more than enough to do the headlights on the Fabia and there would be a bit left over but I just binned that bit as I had no use for it.

Here's the finished result, I'm very pleased with how it turned out for less than £12 and 30 mins application.

Doesn't seem to effect the light beam at all either unlike the Fly-eye stuff.

4cd40fa9.jpg

New number plates are in the boot as that ones incredibly scabby looking.

is that the light smoke stuff on your lights mate?

Yup that's the light one, the pics make it alot darker than it is IMO

Thanks mate. Thinking about doing my fogs with this stuff. Easy process yeh?

It took me all of 35 mins to do the headlights. I reckon the fogs would only take 10 mins even in situe!!

Anyhow managed to finish the paint off I'm very happy with the results :) just hoping the lacquer brings up the shine a bit!

Also while I was out with the wet and dry I think it might be possible to relacquer the spoiler where it's flaking off.

post-74927-13386693609699_thumb.jpg

I cannot wait to get these on and get some new centre caps while I'm at it :)

I'm excited again!

• 1 month later...

FINALLY!

Wheels back on, just need to add the centre caps and give the car a good clean polish and get the tyres slicked!

Got the car lowered the same all round with the shorter drop links but i've a feeling i might need to go shorter!

IMG_2753.jpg

IMG_2754.jpg

IMG_2756.jpg

Next plan is 25mm spacers for the rear and 15mm for the front. Think i'll wait a few months for it though
:)

Very pleased with how they've turned out tbh!

Niall

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...