Felicia 1.8T transplant thread

TeflonTom

Looks great with those rims! :thumbup:

Agreed, I love the wheels.

Makes the car look more purposeful.

Thanks. Those are my track wheels, which are more likely to be seen on my SEAT mk2 Ibizas. My son takes the mickey out of me for the fact that these are the nicest 4x100 wheels I have, and they only get used on track. They are Oz Racing F-1s, in 17", which have been refurbed in VW LA7Y (zinn grau).

IMG00038-20130427-1729.jpg

I was worried that 17" rims might look a bit ridiculous on the Felicia, but to my surprise they quite suit it. Now it is sitting on a set of the same wheels in 16", which were once yellow, but have now partly reverted to the black that they were previously. Personally I prefer how it looks on steel wheels, because it is more stealthy, and it will be going back onto a set of those in the near future.

• 4 weeks later...

I forgot to mention the only problem with the car on the track day. The radiator fan is wired to the heated rear window switch, and at one point when I tried to operate it I instead pushed the oil pressure warning LED back into the dashboard. It was easy enough to take the glovebox liner out and push the LED back through, then later I put a couple of dabs of superglue on it to keep it in place.

IMG_20161016_112252.jpg

The LED looks orange in this picture, but it is actually red, and it is properly bright. No danger of missing it if the oil pressure drops, but thankfully that did not happen on the track day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Change of plan for my Felicia 1.8t.

Bought a Garrett gt2860rs "disco potato" turbo, still undecided on whether to run lower boost at around 310bhp or put forged rods in and up the boost at around 350bhp!hmmmm

20161208_175305_zps1c5kilxy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If you are going to keep the car I'd say go for 350+ ;-)

I'd love to built one of those but there is no way to make it street legal here :'(

I can hide an AFH in there but not a 1.8t monster ;-)

• 10 months later...

This Felicia is no more. The 1.8T parts have now been transplanted to my mk2 Caddy pick-up, and the brakes will be following shortly. Once I have the remaining useful parts from it, the Felicia will be scrapped. Seems very harsh to write that after all the effort that has gone into it, even though much of that effort lives-on in the Caddy. The Felicia's sills had got pretty rotten, and the rapid propagation of a crack in the windscreen suggests the stiffness of the bodyshell is no longer what it should be.

• Like 1