Door & Trunk open warning lights on the dashboard

Ted Mosby

Hi Guys,

I have a Skoda Fabia I. Sedan (2004.09, facelift model), with an MFA dashboard

(6Y0 920 881 M) and a genuine Skoda wireless central locking system.

The current soft coding is: 00101

How can I activate the door open and the trunk open warning signals?

I assume that there are SMD leds soldered behind the pictrograms.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The dash accepted the code, but the warning lights are still not on (even not when I turn the ignition ON).

Is it possible that I need a "hard reset" for the dash? May I disconnect the battery for some time?

Edited by Ted Mosby

Hi,

In the meantime I found it in one of my PDF-s:

For vehicles with dash panel insert 6Y0 920 xxx x:

00 No equipment

01 Brake pad warning light

02 Seat belt warning light

04 Windshield washer system warning light

08 Warning light for failure of a light bulb

16 Warning light indicating an open door

I've checked that measuring block: I can see the doors' state individually that they are opened or closed.

Cent. Elect.

6Q1 937 049 D

Coding: 17435

Hi, Have re checked code I gave you that is correct, it looks like your car may not be wired for door open warnings,to check go to Cent. Elec. Address 09, measuring block 05 and see if door opening is active.

Regards

Tony

Edited by Ted Mosby

Hi

Strange that it shows up on vcds and not on instrument cluster,only suggestion I can think of is go thro adaptions on inst. cluster and central elec's and see if there is a option. Run output test on instument cluster and see if light comes on.

Tony

No success so far, I've checked the adaptations and found nothing.

Some information:

The dash only accepts these codes and every variations of them (00, 01, 02, 03, 16, 17, 19):

00 No equipment

01 Brake pad warning light

02 Seat belt warning light

16 Warning light indicating an open door

Strange thing, that the break pad warning and the seat belt warning appear on the dash (and in the output tests as well),

but the oper door indicator doesn't... :(

If I try one the following, the code remains the old:

04 Windshield washer system warning light

08 Warning light for failure of a light bulb

What do you think, why? Too bad, I planned to install a windshield washer warning...

Hi

Strange that it shows up on vcds and not on instrument cluster,only suggestion I can think of is go thro adaptions on inst. cluster and central elec's and see if there is a option. Run output test on instument cluster and see if light comes on.

Tony

Hi Ted,

We dont seem to be making much progress with this, just out of intrest set the coding at 18101 and see if the seat belt light stays on, with belt unfastened,and you should get a audible alarm ping above 15-20 mph.Then see if you get the same ping by driving the car withh a door not closed propelerly.

Tony

There's no audible alarm in any of these cases at all...

Edit:

One of my friends confirmed THE EXACT SAME results with a 6Y0 920 883 B dash and

with a 6Q1 937 049 D (the same as mine) central electronic module.

Hi Ted,

We dont seem to be making much progress with this, just out of intrest set the coding at 18101 and see if the seat belt light stays on, with belt unfastened,and you should get a audible alarm ping above 15-20 mph.Then see if you get the same ping by driving the car withh a door not closed propelerly.

Tony

Edited by Ted Mosby

I couldn't let this go just like that...

I took my dash out and as it turned out no wonder that the warning lights are not working because the LEDs are missing:

muszeregyseg_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

I started to search for facelift elegance models on a used car site, for a dash

with an active open door warning, but I found none of them. Strange...

Just the 1st generation dash:

5071735_5_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg 5073735_5_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg 5077455_5_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

And I've never ever seen a Fabia I. with an active trunk open warning light.

And one more thing: I've tried to measure voltage with the dash inserted back just like this and an open door, but it was 0V.

Edited by Ted Mosby