High mileage octavia

mdon

My 1.9tdi 2003 is approaching 216k miles, just had new rear shocks put on, and gearbox oil changed, first time for both  I am sure.The shocks were completely gone, no spring in them at all when compressed.

It now rides much better,( and is quieter , which I suppose is the change of gearbox oil,)  I am very pleased.

I got the oil, 2 litres, from the skoda dealers, only cost about 16 quid.

Used Meyle shocks off ebay for around £50.

Edited by newtooctavia
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 08/03/2017 at 11:50, Midgetace said:

2003 20v Turbo VRS Estate, same engine, gearbox and clutch now on 224,000 miles. Back box fell off last month, is it still under warranty? Done a few sets of pads, discs and front wheel bearings along the way. Also been my tow-car when I was racing. Still goes well and I always used Halfords fully synthetic oil so it can't be too bad. Oil consumption is still pretty good considering the thrashing it gets up and down the A14. Wife, Fabia VRS driver, wants me to get rid of as it's old but the kids won't let me change the old war horse so let's see if it'll make 300K.

143500 and still going strong fingers crossed

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...