Redditch Skoda - Trust Group

Had the first MOT on the Yeti here just over a week ago and discussed the replacement of all 6 Skoda badges. Very helpful and re-booked for this morning for the badges and brake fluid change.

Car taken in this morning at about 8.30 - all sorted in good time at the quoted price and with a smile! All 6 badges changed under warranty and car washed.

Good service, very happy.

• 2 weeks later...

Very disappointed with the parts department at this branch. I went there over 2 weeks ago and placed an order for spark plugs, brake fluid and the plastic wheel bolt covers including the covers for the lock bolt. When I made the order the chap said they would give me a call and the parts would have been there within 2 days. 

Waited over a week for the phone call, I also checked my phone just in case some one called while I was out, and nothing. I ended up using euro car parts and ebay for the parts I wanted. Shame really as I had quite a few more items I was going to order there soon, but not now 

Will see what the Skoda dealer in Kings Heath is like for parts in the future 

• 1 month later...

Picked Yeti up this morning, higher spec than my previous model but everything ( sat nav ,phone connection etc ) explained thoroughly by Cheryl who has been most helpful all through my purchase.

Received a phone call within a couple of hours of getting home to answer a query I had about sat nav updates.

Promised another call in a few days just to check I'm happy.

Found the whole transaction pleasant and easy with no hitches.

Many thanks Trust Group Redditch.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought i had found a dealership that were truthful, honest and helpful. But my experience has been less than that over the past weeks.

There were a catalogue of errors on the paperwork that was completed by the admin department. Email address errors, home address put in work address on forms. Wrong house number on forms. Bearing in mind this should have all just been simple copy/paste excercise.

When we part exchanged the car, we were told a pack of lies about how the mileage had to remain below 50k else the Audi dealer would not take the car off them. We cancelled a trip to the Zoo to keep the mileage down on our week off.

The car was immediately put up on the used car website as soon as it had been part exchanged. We still OWN this car officially. So it cannot be sold until the finance is cleared. The mileage stated on the advert is wrong. The car is DSG and listed as a manual also.

Concerned (as always) that my part ex would not have the finance cleared on it. I emailed my sales rep that sold me the car, asking for an update on when this would be cleared. We part exchanged our Audi A3 on the 11th October, and the settlement was valid until the 5th November.

I did not get a response.

I eventually managed to speak to someone about this on the 17th October, and i was informed by Gary Roberson "The finance was paid by BACS on the 16th October".

I waited 10 long working days for this to show against our account with Blackhorse finance. For nothing to ever show.

Chased this up wtih Sales Rep Maz, said he would contact us. No response. (i understand he has had a family grieveance, but there HAS to be some kind of handover taking place).

Sales rep called me this morning to ask where the parcel shelf was in the car we part exchanged. It was there when we part exchanged the car. Appears like it has either been stolen by the valeters, or left out while car was cleaned and ruined in rain/chucked away. NOT our problem. This is 3 weeks since we part exchanged the car. What a joke.

I managed to speak to Dave at the branch on Wednesday, for him to finally discover that in fact our settlement on the other cars finance had not even been sent. They were not sure what to do with it, so it just sat in a pile of paperwork since the 16th or thereabouts. Not good enough.

Promising to get this sent today via CHAPS (which shows instantly) we have checked with Blackhorse and it is still not showing against our account.

Called up (i was ringing out for 1 hour non stop. It appears that when the receptionist goes on lunch, NOBODY picks up the phone in the branch), couldnt speak to Dave, couldnt speak to Maz, finally managed to speak to Gary Roberson. Was told that the CHAPS was sent yesterday, which is contracdictory to what i was told by Dave.

TBH, its ruined my intial good experience with the dealership.

• Like 1

We had the same with our px,David the manager has redeemed himself to a certain extent and our salesman left or was sacked ,the new salesman has been better !

But collected car on Saturday and no sat nav disc or sill protectors so I think it's this dealership or should I say manager ! Seems a catalogue of disasters .

• 4 weeks later...

Well, its been 6 weeks since we collected the car. No follow up calls to see how we are getting on, no corrected paperwork sent through (which is an FCA ligislative omission).

• 8 months later...

Contacted Trust Redditch 6 days ago requesting a quote for a new vehicle via the email contact form. No reply to date when other dealerships have quoted within 48 hours.

Edited by Falkster

• 6 months later...

My experience of this dealer's service is dire, at best! Extremely poor communication - calls promised, never received. Numerous changes of service advisor. At one stage they had the car for 3 weeks without any contact on progress. They have failed to resolve the issues with the car and Skoda UK Customer service have also been totally unsupportive, making excuses and broken promises. Have had 3 Skodas ............ there won't be a fourth!. I would not wish any other unsuspecting members of the public to be subject to the extremely low levels of service I have experienced! Beware!

• 4 years later...

Has anybody used these guys recently?

They are my local dealer and I will need somewhere for service and (hopefully not) warranty work as supplying dealer is miles away.

Reading reviews they seemed good a few years ago went downhill and no one has said anything about them for some time?

Thanks

Steve

On 18/03/2019 at 21:09, Stevefesta said:

Has anybody used these guys recently?

They are my local dealer and I will need somewhere for service and (hopefully not) warranty work as supplying dealer is miles away.

Reading reviews they seemed good a few years ago went downhill and no one has said anything about them for some time?

Thanks

Steve

Bought my car from them this week

Can't fault them

John Deakin dealt with all my needs and went above and beyond for very very happy!

• Thanks 1

On 21/03/2019 at 23:06, Pottermaus said:

Bought my car from them this week

Can't fault them

John Deakin dealt with all my needs and went above and beyond for very very happy!

Thanks Pottermaus, will give them a try. 

• 2 months later...

Another positive review for Jon Deakin.

This weekend we took a chance on a superb we saw online and made the two hour drive down to see it (Worst case scenario we get a nice day out, best case a new car.) Thankfully on arrival we saw the car still parked up and shining away at us. A member of staff greeted us on arrival and after a quick chat we were directed to Jon. After a little discussion about why the prices on the website differed from those in the window, poking around the car and handing our driving license over we were off on a test drive. The test drive was a nice 10 minute lap around the local area taking in town driving, back roads and a bit of dual carriageway. When we arrived back at the dealer it was a quick pit stop to switch seats with my partner and away she went.

Being more than satisfied the car lived up to its reputation of a vast, comfortable cavern it was time to talk paperwork. There were none of the usual hard sell tactics from Jon. He simply explained what each item was (extended warranty, paint protection etc.) and as soon as I said they weren't for me that was it. No pressure, just moved on. After some very minor negotiations with regards to my part-ex a deal was done and we signed on the line. 

I'll update once I've collected the car but so far Redditch SKODA gets a thumbs up from me. 

Simon 

Trust SKODA.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SgHawk said:

Another positive review for Jon Deakin.

This weekend we took a chance on a superb we saw online and made the two hour drive down to see it (Worst case scenario we get a nice day out, best case a new car.) Thankfully on arrival we saw the car still parked up and shining away at us. A member of staff greeted us on arrival and after a quick chat we were directed to Jon. After a little discussion about why the prices on the website differed from those in the window, poking around the car and handing our driving license over we were off on a test drive. The test drive was a nice 10 minute lap around the local area taking in town driving, back roads and a bit of dual carriageway. When we arrived back at the dealer it was a quick pit stop to switch seats with my partner and away she went.

Being more than satisfied the car lived up to its reputation of a vast, comfortable cavern it was time to talk paperwork. There were none of the usual hard sell tactics from Jon. He simply explained what each item was (extended warranty, paint protection etc.) and as soon as I said they weren't for me that was it. No pressure, just moved on. After some very minor negotiations with regards to my part-ex a deal was done and we signed on the line. 

I'll update once I've collected the car but so far Redditch SKODA gets a thumbs up from me. 

Simon 

Trust SKODA.jpg

Great looking Superb.  One of the best colour's; contrasts so well with the gloss black trim AND... it's not grey! 

Nice spec too.  :thumbup:

• 4 months later...

What a shambles our first Trust Group UK purchase has been ..... Trust Skoda ( Trust Group ) made various blunders through out the 2 months car buying process but worst of all various key staff there confirmed several times in advance and in writing that the brand new top of the range £33k car would definitely have the Emergency Call safety system we wanted as standard but when we arrived to collect it 2 months later we immediately found it was missing and several more key staff then told us a totally fake story about how the system had now changed to an " invisible system " and when we refused to take delivery of the car they gave us a letter to confirm the system was definitely fitted ...... During the following days when other dealers confirmed that we had been scammed Trust Group and its directors seemed totally unconcerned and refused to supply the correct car .... and even worse the manufacturers seemed totally powerless to get them to do the right thing .... we will never have another car from TG and would advise other new car buyers to think seriously if this is how they want to be treated.