Project Fabia "Mongrel" thread

devonutopia

Well, on the strip, you just want max pressure, so about 45PSI I imagine, maybe 50,

Anyway - mongrel progresses on.  2 bar map now flashed on to the car and just been out logging.  Feedback sent to mapper, all going in right direction.

• Like 1

have you ever tried running round on narrower tyres on the road Jason? I tried swapping my 195's to 185's and I must admit it does handle better, but struggles for grip in the dry, but is better in the wet/damp... i'm starting to rethink my whole picking strategy on road tyres now

• 1 month later...

Well, things are moving. Currently running a 2.5 bar map for testing but have a full boost 2.8 bar map to load tonight and test out. Then a case of keeping eye on smoke levels to keep to the minimum needed for big power.

• Like 1

Well, map #8 tested tonight.  BOY she flies but I need something done about the massive spikes to 3.5 bar of boost on initial acceleration.  I'm sure that can be nipped in the bud.  Just laughing at the thought my turbo was doing about 50 PSI of boost. :o

Still going off 4 bar sensor, but after some fiddling, the boost spiking has been removed and I am now getting a nice sustained 2.8 bar of boost tailing off to about 2.5 bar as I pop off the limiter.

50 to 90 (km/h) flies past.

I was reading 3.5 bar off the gauge.  It was touching the word "boost" at times. :D

DSC_0193.jpg

Yes - I've been given another map this evening - number 10 this is.  More smoothing out of the boost following my logs done 1 hour ago, and with a touch more fuelling.  I'll be doing more logs before work tomorrow as in daylight I can watch the smoke.  Not something I can do at night sadly.  At least not without somehow attaching a floodlight to the back of my car :D

Last log shows I was getting (in 3rd gear) from 2900 revs to 5200 revs in 5 seconds.  That's roughly 45 to 90 (km/h...) in 5 seconds.

Yeah - 350 might be on the optimistic side but I am told after reviewing my turbo's compressor map, 3 bar won't be an issue.  For now it's staying at 2.8.  I fear 350hp will need to be quite smoky and that is something I am keen to avoid.

I don't know what power is right now.  It feels like something around 320bhp on diesel alone now.  It feels like my car used to feel on my old mapping when I ran NOS, and that was smoky as hell and 315bhp.

The car now just feels a lot more alive than it ever did.  I actually think its smiling. :)

• Like 1

What tyres do you run out of interest? 350 just on diesel alone sounds mental, will be a real sleeper and be even better IF you can keep the map fairly clean.

Map 11 stuck on this evening and went out for a bit of a blast.  Can't tell much difference but it is smoother from 2500 to 3000 rather than just giving a huge shove at 2800 revs like map 10,

I'll log it at some point too and report back.  Probably nearing the most that can be done on the road I think.  Car does feel strong still.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...