1.6 TDI - 75vs 90 vs 105BHP

I believe that the 75ps 1.6 is just a detuned version of the 105

If you are prepared to consider a remap, it sounds as though those who can tune the 1.6 are getting the same figure (approx 135ps) from the 75ps as they are from the 105

The 75ps Elegance estate is about £815 cheaper than the 105, and a remap would be about £400, so it makes sense to buy the low power version, get a recap, and be £400 better off into the bargain...............I wish I'd thought of that :(

Haha yeah hindsight is a wonderful thing lol

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that the 75ps 1.6 is just a detuned version of the 105

ya, this is the key point: is it true??? they are the same engine with only a different electronics or they have also differences in some mechanics, sizings, size ratio between parts, materials...and so on... ???

I hope you can see my point: I 'm not sure the 75ps is just the detuned 105ps, it could have different materials specs or sizings...

someone can help me?

Edited by PTG

I test drove both 75 and 105 hp diesels and the gear ratios are different. I'm sure the 105sat at 2k rpm at 70 mph, but the 75 sat at 2200 ish rpm at 70. Both were elegance estates.

Thank you so much!

this is very relevant since at 2200 rpm in the 75ps the torque is out of its maximum plateau while at 2000 rpm the torque of the 105ps is in the middle of the maximum plateau. The 75ps at 70 mph is already out of its optimal working regime...

nevertheless this can be due not to different gear ratios but just to a minor torque value, so the question about differences in mechanics, sizings, materials, is still open, as far as I understand...

nevertheless this can be due not to different gear ratios but just to a minor torque value, so the question about differences in mechanics, sizings, materials, is still open, as far as I understand...

I know this sounds obvious, but have you checked the specifications in the brochure

I know this sounds obvious, but have you checked the specifications in the brochure

sure!

in the brochure the only technical data which are different are the ones about torque and power...no more...

Edited by PTG