My Ex Candy White Yeti

rockhopper

Nice?

Trying to work out where you were, Pendine, Black Rock or Newport, Pembs?

Brean Beach, round the corner from Weston-Super-Mare. :lol:

Brean Fort is just round the point on the left side out of view.

Sent using whatever device I'm using at the time.

• 1 month later...

rockhopper - my Fabia is less than a year old so if I get someone to change the country from UK to Australia what will I have to remember to do before I take it to the dealer for the annual service so that they don't twig the mod? And which of these would be best for a brighter interior light?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/501-CANBUS-5-SMD-WHITE-BULBS-SKODA-FELICIA-OCTAVIA-YETI-/200582009873

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/501-led-extreme-power-1.5w-360-degree-white-blue-red-amber.html

Again, would the Skoda dealer say I'd invalidated the warranty with these mods?

I'm a newbie so any advice about how to fit these interior lights would be appreciated :)

I went to Wales last weekend and completed a City & Guilds level 2 in Off Road driving, Handlingb of trailers and winching.

It was a fun course and I learned loads. No damage to the Yeti either, as we kept to what the car is capable of doing. Most of the course needed a 2" lift on a Land Cruiser Amazon to avoid the rocks and boulders.

rockhopper if you don't mind, could you please write down what does this training spcificaly teach you (I am also interested what have you learned on Level 1, if you took that course too), because when I have tried to Google it, I just got some requirements for the training centres etc. Basicly, I want to see how can theese courses be compared to ADAC training course (and similar to that). Many thanks in advance.

Best regards!

P.S.

My brother loved the photo with your car and ambulances - he said it is as all his dreams would come true in one phote (he adores the Yeti and he is a Paramedic)

rockhopper if you don't mind, could you please write down what does this training spcificaly teach you (I am also interested what have you learned on Level 1, if you took that course too), because when I have tried to Google it, I just got some requirements for the training centres etc. Basicly, I want to see how can theese courses be compared to ADAC training course (and similar to that). Many thanks in advance.

Best regards!

P.S.

My brother loved the photo with your car and ambulances - he said it is as all his dreams would come true in one phote (he adores the Yeti and he is a Paramedic)

Hi

There was no training as such. We were tested. We did get a little practice.

It was almost a year ago now, so I don't remember all that we were tested on, but it involved driving off road, using a spotter and doing exactly what they said, choosing a route suitable for the vehicle I was driving.

Then there was driving a trailer, reversing it.

Then there was a winching group exercise.

We were also tested on theory and the cars were checked over, as we talked the examiner through it.

So, basically no training.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just got back from a gentle drive up to Manchester yesterday and drive home this evening after a day long meeting. As always the car was very comfortable.

What amazed me was the fuel consumption. My average over 489 miles was 52.5mpg. My best ever, by a long way. When I filled up it gave me a range of 660 miles. Impressive stuff. Encroaching on greemline 2 territory :lol:

My average speed was 48mph for the 489 miles. About 40 miles I was stuck in central Manchester. I had no idea how bad Manchester traffic was. It wasn't helped by Robbie Williams playing somewhere in central Manchester either.

I did sit on the motorway at 60-65 most of the time, and when safe used cruise control..

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well.

My time with the Yeti is coming to an end.

Would I buy another. Yes. but not of the same model. I can't see the point. The FL version. Possibly, but for the time being I'm on a reduction in monthly expenses, so it has to go. I'll still stay in the 4x4 fold, but probably by an older british vehicle.  :rofl:

Well.

My time with the Yeti is coming to an end.

Would I buy another. Yes. but not of the same model. I can't see the point. The FL version. Possibly, but for the time being I'm on a reduction in monthly expenses, so it has to go. I'll still stay in the 4x4 fold, but probably by an older british vehicle.  :rofl:

Very sad to hear that Mike...  And British vehicles that are 4x4... can only mean one thing and they also only mean one thing:  TROUBLE! Good luck.

Life moves on, of course, but many here will be sorry to see you go.  As one of the Yeti 'pioneers', your experience and advice have been invaluable.  I wish you well with your 'British 4x4' - come back now and then and tell us all about it  :hi:

PS I'm sure you'll try to make sure that Elsie goes to a good home

• Like 1

@rockhopper: have a lot of safe and nice moments with your new car when you decide to purchase one. I am sure that you and your wise advices will be missed around here, but I do hope, that you will drop by from time to time, too.

Best regards and all the best!

Awe c'mon chaps, he's only said that he might be getting rid of his Yeti sometime (turncoat); he's not said that he will be deserting the forum.

I think Rockhopper has been around for long enough that he will stay around even when no longer a Yeti / Skoda owner.

Guy

• Like 1

Yep. Land Rover means trouble alright. You won't save any money. My maintenance bills on the Discovery 2 cost more than the loan payments on the Yeti.

Happy Days

• Like 1

Yep. Land Rover means trouble alright. You won't save any money. My maintenance bills on the Discovery 2 cost more than the loan payments on the Yeti.

Happy Days

I think you're dead right about avoiding the Disco 1 and 2. But I think Mike has more sense than to look at those.

• Like 2

I think you're dead right about avoiding the Disco 1 and 2. But I think Mike has more sense than to look at those.

Well If it's going to be cheaper than the Yeti, I'm pretty sure Disco 3 or 4 will be out of reach. Depending on the model, those equlivant to the Disco 1 and 2 share most of the same running gear. I chose the Disco 2 because I wanted 7 seats for freinds and family who like to tag along to the places I visit that only a 4x4 will go.

Happy Days

Just done a deal and I'm getting a shiny red Land Rover Freelander 1 from 2006. TD4 Auto HSE.

Yay...  but also :-(  Enjoy the new motor.  It is indeed very BRIGHT from the pic you sent me!