New Yeti(s)...in 2015

cwinnit

Sounds good! I'll be looking to replace mine in spring 2014, so should get a face-lifted Yeti 1 and then be ready for Yeti 2 a few years later when any troubles have been sorted out.

But having just caught up with the other thread on this topic, which has some pictures of (admittedly concept-stage) incredibly ugly vehicles, perhaps I'll stick with my current SM rather longer than planned!

But having just caught up with the other thread on this topic, which has some pictures of (admittedly concept-stage) incredibly ugly vehicles, perhaps I'll stick with my current SM rather longer than planned!

and just when you thought the roomster couldn't get any uglier :giggle:

So what will the 2012 facelift change?

Personally I will be surprised if Skoda facelift the Yeti as soon as 2012, looking at their previous timings I would have thought 2013/2014 more likely. Also they have a plethora of new vehicles due over the next 18 months so will not want to add another change to a relatively new vehicle.

I collected my Yeti last week - the dealer showed me the briefing they had received for replacement plans - the Yeti 'face-lift' model together with an 'XL' version (about 20cm longer) would arrive in showrooms November 2013. I don't know if there is any information on what technical/mechanical changes there might be in the Yeti 'face lift' but perhaps someone has seen some?

Personally speaking I think the rear window being higher than the front in the Sportster is the worst design faux pax Skoda have made, one thing the current Yeti looks good with is the top line of the windows all being the same height at top. Adds to the nice linear style of the rear end. Anyway good that VW are offering better VFM offerings for 4x4 use below the Tiguan surely.