32KOFDATA ///// Fabia Sport (MKII)

32KOFDATA

The car is awsome! I have more questions about lightning: what does the law in Greece say about xenons? Here, the law says you need to have washer nozzels and automatic leveling, but they dont punish you if you have the lenses without nozzels and leveling. My fabia is also mk2 pre FL with OEM bihalogen but i put xenons and now bixenon without problems. Did you do any more modifications of lights besides the reverse lights and rear fog? I put cree leds in turn lights front and rear ( it is awsome with cree led in turn lights because fabia mk2 has good OEM postition of turn lights in the front headlights, not like mk3, it is desperate and bad:), also cree in reverse and fog. Tail lights are also LED and the front fogs xenon:) I thought what to put in front fogs, LED or xenons, but decicded to put xenons and they are brighter than LEDs. But be carefull: i think all the pre FL mk2 fabias have this issue with electronic: if you put the cree led in rear brake lights, the car goes crazy and goes into safe mode!!! I couldnt believe this!!! I have also a FL fabia mk2 and it has more modern electronics and there is no safe mode when I put the rear cree led into rear brake lights. My guess is that ECU is stupid:) and it thinks that when you put the cree leds, the resistance of LED bulb is much smaller than incadescent, so there are no bulbs! If there are no bulbs, than something is wrong with the brakes! If something is wrong with the brakes, then you cant drive, so I put you in safe mode. This doesnt happend with mk2 FL....so i I put a third incadescent bulb in rear to keep the resistance...

• Like 1

The law is the same here too but police will not bother you and the same goes at the MOT as long as you don't blind others and your beam is correctly aligned.

First time I hear a Fabia go in safe mode just because of led brake lights. Are you sure the issue is not somewhere else?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 32KOFDATA said:

The law is the same here too but police will not bother you and the same goes at the MOT as long as you don't blind others and your beam is correctly aligned.

First time I hear a Fabia go in safe mode just because of led brake lights. Are you sure the issue is not somewhere else?

Definitely it is the rear brake lights. You can put a resistor or a third incadescent bulb and you can hide it somewhere in the trunk. It only needs one incadescent bulb to work. Yes, it is rare that both rear brake lights die at the same moment, usualy only one dies. I went to a shop to buy cree led for rear brake lights and mounted them imediately. I passed 100 meters and the check engine turned on!!! I was stupid and didnt know the problem. They towed me to to the service where they said that the cree led was the problem. Here is a test you can do. Lets say your both rear brake lights die at once. You take them off from the rear headlights in ordre to simulate the rear dying of bulbs. then drive about 100 metres, you dont have to go over 50 km/h. I would like to know your result, if you get the check engine light. If you do, dont worry, just put the bulbs back, and the check engine dissapears. Mine is lowest equipement level, maybe it has stupid electronics. The ross teck says my fabia has main electronic parts from seat ibiza in the 90s and first gen fabia. VW fooling around:) Tried several LED, cree led, but always the same problem, it has to have the resitance of a single incadescent bulb. Looks like fabia got better after FL and this doesnt happend anymore. Now I have 6 incadescent bulbs in reserve. What will hapend if I am in the middle of nowhere and cree led dies in the rear brake lights? I cant drive!!!

Edited by djordje48
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Dewipered the car the other day and took some shots. Smells like summer already. 30ºC today...

PL3FA8k.jpg

D05Am3C.jpg

gGGZwg4.jpg

La4bbga.jpg

8EiJCtp.jpg

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 3

Follow up... finally finished transferring the chrome dials to my ac control unit. 

A lot of cutting had to be done and then some more customization in order for the base of the buttons to work properly and for the facia to be able to fit over.

Finally had to Q-Bond everything together and paint them so they look good. Could have done a few things better but the end result can fool anyone, looks OEM and functions properly, lights and everything.

4FhUK0a.jpg

xFN0VRE.jpg

LBFjyTh.jpg

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 4

One more detail added to compliment the rest of the chrome dials. Got a chrome VW knob for my mirror switch.

Took it apart and dremeled the inside to make it fit the Fabia stock one. It was easy and looks so much better.

C71osJA.jpg

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Enslave666 said:

Dude does monte bits are way expensive ! Did they come in primer grey right ?

About 2000 euros for the entire kit right . Unpainted..

They are stupid expensive and I bet they are on purpose so, so the Monte Carlo keeps its value against the plain Fabias. As much as I like the trims I would never buy them new. They all came off breakers. As far as I know the kit comes painted from the factory in black magic pearl. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, 32KOFDATA said:

They are stupid expensive and I bet they are on purpose so, so the Monte Carlo keeps its value against the plain Fabias. As much as I like the trims I would never buy them new. They all came off breakers. As far as I know the kit comes painted from the factory in black magic pearl. 

Lucky u . And no they dont ,

i asked skoda .. they come in primer grey .  How much did u pay for them may i ask

33 minutes ago, Enslave666 said:

Lucky u . And no they dont ,

i asked skoda .. they come in primer grey .  How much did u pay for them may i ask

Came to 160pounds for the trim parts without the front and rear bumper as I wasn't after them.

Some scuffs and scratches here and there which I fixed later on.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, 32KOFDATA said:

Came to 160pounds for the trim parts without the front and rear bumper as I wasn't after them.

Some scuffs and scratches here and there which I fixed later on.

Waw what a bargain mate !!! I really love youre car .. its a one off . So special.

• Like 1

And so the Monte Carlo trim is on. Up front the arches were simply cut and pushed down in order to sit flush right above the sport edition lip.

At the back I had somone make me a couple of fiberglass arches that would run all the way down to the bottom of the bumper.

As for the side skirts no issues, just a matter of silicone and a couple of screws. I like the end result, looks like it belongs there but still getting used to.

To finish off the whole "rally" theme I still want to ad my beloved mudflaps. Up front it will be an easy job, just a matter of drilling a couple of new holes to the plastic.

At the back though it is a different story, I believe that with a heatgun and some cutting I will manage to fit them on... yup one more thing to keep me busy :biggrin:

ZIQXMA8.jpg

3ODPlbB.jpg

r54q5Vk.jpg

OhsX259.jpg

CMqilBU.jpg

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Its looking great mate that!

I have some skirts for my VRS coming....watch this space...not Monte Carlo, but are off a VAG, so we shall see how they pan out.

Edited by S27VEJ
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...